Back home. Looooooong day.

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Ellies_mom
  • 1 Post By Ellies_mom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2014, 09:16 PM
Super Mommy
Well me and Ellie are both back at home and feeling completely crap-tastic lol. My appointment this morning went well. The doctor was very surprised to see me as he was the one that told me I was having an Easter baby! So he checked me out. BP was back to normal - 128/70 so thats great from my last week higher bp. No protein/swelling any of that sort of stuff. Although I feel my feet are swelling. Guess its not super noticeable. I gained 2 pounds in a week and a half which for me was pretty big! Ive only gained 9 lbs so far (I guess 11 now) and I usually lose at the end so I was surprised. He did a cervical check and was quite shocked. I'm 4 cms now! He said for sure there will be a baby in the next few days. Im not as sure....I stayed at 3 1/2 cms for almost 2 weeks with Ellie so this is a normal pattern for me. Dilate, contract, and stay forever!

Next we went out of town to meet with Ellies surgeon. Apparently the one side of her throat has a big open sore on it. He thinks it might have cracked when she was sleeping one night or maybe a big chunk of scab fell off early so now its a big open oozing sore. Argh. He upped her pain meds again. Shes on super high doses now but it is helping a bit more so thats a huge relief. She can almost make it the 4 hours between med doses. That last hour is still super painful but this is soooo much better than what it was before. Shes still on liquid diet so maybe another week of that. Hes a bit concerned at her low fluid intake the last few days so hes giving her a few days on the higher pain med dose and if she cant start drinking more than she will be admitted into the hospital again on friday. She didnt drink anything when she got home today but Im hoping she will sleep a bit better tonight and maybe tomorrow will be better for drinking.....

So all in all we make a great pair. Poor DH didnt know what to do when he got home lol.
Nel, bella88 and MommaBean18 like this.

April 22nd, 2014, 09:27 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a miserable pair you both make . I hope DD is freling better soon! Hope the pain meds help her. Try and rest while you can, I think you might have that baby soon. Hope full on labour holds off until DD is a little perkier at least, for your sake.

April 23rd, 2014, 09:59 AM
Super Mommy
Holy cow we started Ellie on the new pain meds last night and today shes a totally different kid! Shes driving me nuts honestly....lol but in a good way! She has some energy and isnt in severe pain and is literally begging me to go back to school I told her if she can eat even a teeny bit..1/4 of a boost or something I would let her go tomorrow. I just have to work something out with her teacher since she wont be eating real food for a while still. Happy day!
irish bells likes this.

April 23rd, 2014, 10:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad she is more comfortable!! Hopefully you can get her drinking at least so she can stay out of the hospital. Can't wait to hear you are in active labor!!!

April 23rd, 2014, 06:14 PM
Veteran
So happy to hear she is finally feeling better. I hope she keeps improving.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search