Update on me and baby Ethan

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Panda

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 23rd, 2014, 01:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies I'm sorry I have not been very active I have been lurking when I can.

It has been a roller coaster ride for me tonight will make one week since I had my sweet baby boy at 35 weeks 5days due to pre e. I have been dealing with ppd and serious guilt over having my son early even tho I know logically I was on hospital bed rest for almost two weeks and that he pretty much stopped growing at 32 weeks...any way... I have been pumping my milk for him and have a crazy supply the nicu is having problems storing it all I'm pumping about 35-40oz a day. I have been visiting him every day to do kangaroo care and feed him his bottle well today I got to try nursing him and he nursed like a champ like he had been doing it the whole time I can't even tell you how amazing it was!! Well today we got great news he is being moved to the neonatal step down nursery and the doc says she expects him to be home by the end of the week!!
ashleyjo likes this.

April 23rd, 2014, 02:41 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is awesome news!! I hope everything goes perfectly so that end of the week plan works out. Please don't beat yourself up. You could not have caused pre-e, everything that happened is in no way your fault. PPD is such a hard thing to deal with and I hope you find some IRL support. Don't be afraid to ask for help!! Focus on the things that are going the way you want them to like breastfeeding: you can control that more than you could a pre-e diagnosis. Feel free to send me a message if you want. I beat myself up over my son's birth for a long time (induction from pre-e) and I wish I had sought more support.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search