Breastfeeding check in

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
How are things going for you? I know the first weeks are the hardest so I wanted to start a thread where we can give advise and support

Luckily things are going great for me I'm tandem nursing my 20month old and new squish my supply is starting to regulate from the crazy over supply I gave myself pumping soo much while Ethan was in the nicu. Ethan is a great nurser which is amazing since my first took a while to learn and for the pain to go away. I think something I'm eating is bothering him tho he was up most of last night grunting like he was trying to poop or pass gas I'm thinking dairy since I'm pretty sensitive too and I have been eating ice cream :-/ so I think I'm going to cut it out oh well.

April 29th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We are still hanging in there. My left nipple is finally healed enough that I tried nurses off it once yesterday. I did again today and it was still fine. I am hoping to stop with the pumping on that side. It still burns on either side... Im not used to this feeling at all and I dont like it. I have to have a fan on me while I nurse because I get very hot and uncomfortable. I really hope that initial shock of pain stops happening soon

He constantly is falling asleep while he nurses. He doesnt when he takes a bottle, only when I nurse him. Its trying because I know he can eat faster and put me outta my misery but he likes to just hang out there.

So i guess overall we are doing good since I am still at it. Just waiting and hoping that it stops hurting so freaking much.

April 29th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
She hates me. She will latch on fine and nurse for 15-30 minutes with the shield, but she freaks out afterward and I end up giving her formula anyway. I will be happy when this double pump gets here so she can get some more boob juice. My supply is almost non existent!

April 29th, 2014, 10:10 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know if I count here. My plan was to nurse, everything happened and we haven't. But I'm pumping everything I can and he gets that on top of preemie formula. Which I will take because I have insufficient glandular tissue so I don't produce enough milk. This was a big struggle with my other babies.

I am not a fan of strictly pumping. Right now I have a hand pump. I'm asking for a script when I see my OB to get an electric pump through my insurance company.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story

Last edited by inyourhonor; April 29th, 2014 at 10:12 AM.
April 29th, 2014, 11:10 AM
acmd03's Avatar Lincoln's Mommy
Today I think we're doing better. Emi latched on perfectly right away in the hospital, but once we got home she started not latching well so I've been in a lot of pain. Milk came in yesterday and I forgot how awful engorgement feels. But I already feel more on top of feeding often enough than I was with my first. It took me weeks with him to realize I should just feed him when he cried! Emi started in with the spitting up as soon as my milk came in, which is a little sad as I hoped not to have that mess this time, but at least I was prepared with tons of burp clothes and bibs!

April 30th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Going great so far...Breastfeeding both of these two came pretty naturally for us all so I'm thankful for that. I do have pretty intense nipple pain upon latch on, even though she is latched on correctly, but I had that last time too and it went away after a couple weeks. Midwife said it was normal.

Also dealing with an oversupply. While she was in the hospital I started pumping and I'm sure that didn't help. They're sore but not unbearable. I just hope I don't get a clogged duct or mastitis.

April 30th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We saw the midwife yesterday and she tried to snip his lil tounge tie. I guess she couldnt get it though. He wasnt cooperating. I am going to get referred to a breastfeeding clinic and hopefully they will help us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search