37 week appointment

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By anhoyle
  • 1 Post By StilettoGirlMama
  • 1 Post By Nel
  • 1 Post By Decemberhill
  • 1 Post By joanna26
  • 1 Post By anjewellove
  • 1 Post By inyourhonor
  • 1 Post By anjewellove

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2014, 12:03 PM
Super Mommy
Not effaced or dilated at all Praying for some progress and that I can VBAC...I do not want another c-section. Haven't gained any weight the last 2 weeks and measuring at 36 1/2 cm.
TTC#1 for 1 1/2 years~ DS, DJ (3) Conceived naturally using acupuncture and herbs
TTC #2 for 1 1/2 yrs~DH(3 mths on Clomid&Olive Leaf Extract)
Our 1st Clomid & TI cycle August 2013 -BFP on 9/08/13!!!!!!!!

May 1st, 2014, 12:08 PM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't be discouraged! I didn't even start to dilate until 39 weeks with my son. contractions came out of nowhere. I hope you can vbac!
Onelove121 likes this.

[/url

May 1st, 2014, 12:28 PM
StilettoGirlMama's Avatar Veteran
I felt the same way at my appt yesterday - just ANGRY! We will get there
Onelove121 likes this.
May 1st, 2014, 12:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I wouldnt worry yet.
Onelove121 likes this.

May 1st, 2014, 12:54 PM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
I can feel your frustration! I too am hoping for a VBAC. I opted not to get checked at my 36 week appointment so I didn't dwell on it. My next appt I will 38.3 weeks and after I am checked, that's when I will make the decision. I am trying to be really proactive…walking everyday day, bouncing on my ball, drinking red raspberry tea, eating a crap ton of pineapple and last night I started taking EPO. We shall see!
Onelove121 likes this.

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
May 1st, 2014, 01:43 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decemberhill View Post
I can feel your frustration! I too am hoping for a VBAC. I opted not to get checked at my 36 week appointment so I didn't dwell on it. My next appt I will 38.3 weeks and after I am checked, that's when I will make the decision. I am trying to be really proactive…walking everyday day, bouncing on my ball, drinking red raspberry tea, eating a crap ton of pineapple and last night I started taking EPO. We shall see!
Good luck hun! I am going to chiropractor today to get adjusted. He said he could help get my pelvis open/in alignment; have also been doing daily red raspberry tea leaf and EPO orally and just started inserting one vaginally. I am gonna start bouncing on my ball, walking and trying to have lots of SEX I have a motherhood massage with reflexology next Friday also! I am determined to have this VBAC. With my DS, I never dilated past a 1 They said my pelvis was very narrow
TTC#1 for 1 1/2 years~ DS, DJ (3) Conceived naturally using acupuncture and herbs

May 1st, 2014, 01:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck girl! Hopefully you can make some progress soon.
Onelove121 likes this.

May 9th, 2014, 01:13 AM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onelove121 View Post
Good luck hun! I am going to chiropractor today to get adjusted. He said he could help get my pelvis open/in alignment; have also been doing daily red raspberry tea leaf and EPO orally and just started inserting one vaginally. I am gonna start bouncing on my ball, walking and trying to have lots of SEX I have a motherhood massage with reflexology next Friday also! I am determined to have this VBAC. With my DS, I never dilated past a 1 They said my pelvis was very narrow

When is your next ob appointment? How have you been feeling?

I've been using Gentle Birth tincture 3x/day & 4 Borage Oil Caps internally at night. I will have a shorter hard labor than the 17 hours I had with my last!
Onelove121 likes this.

May 9th, 2014, 07:46 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can tell you with my first VBAC, I showed NO change at my 40 week appt. He was born 1 week later. I went into labor on my own, I did use EPO, but I can't say if that did anything. But I know I was closed for winter basically at my 40 week appt.

At 37 weeks, there is still plenty of time for change!
Onelove121 likes this.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
May 9th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjewellove View Post
When is your next ob appointment? How have you been feeling?

I've been using Gentle Birth tincture 3x/day & 4 Borage Oil Caps internally at night. I will have a shorter hard labor than the 17 hours I had with my last!
I had an appt yesterday...cervix still posterior, high and thick and not dilated Doc said to have relations, do hands and knees and ball exercises.

I am not having any contractions; a little cramping here and there. Had another appt with chiro yesterday for adjustments and some acupressure. Have a massage today with reflexology.

Still doing Red raspberry tea leaf and EPO orally and vaginally. Is Borage Oil better than EPO? We have also been trying to DTD as much as possible and walking.

Thanks for asking! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inyourhonor View Post
I can tell you with my first VBAC, I showed NO change at my 40 week appt. He was born 1 week later. I went into labor on my own, I did use EPO, but I can't say if that did anything. But I know I was closed for winter basically at my 40 week appt.

At 37 weeks, there is still plenty of time for change!
Thanks love! Gives me HOPE She will give me til 41 weeks to attempt VBAC. Then I will have to have c-section

May 9th, 2014, 10:38 AM
anjewellove's Avatar Super Mommy
I used EPO with both my boys with no real show of it. This time I heard about Borage Oil which is the same thing but more GLA's & less side effects.

I am using it internally only. I started using it at 36 weeks (they say don't use before 37 oops) and in 3 days I went from nothing to 80% effaced and dilated to 1cm (not much dilation but the effacement was shocking since I never efface that much until after I'm in labor!)
Onelove121 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search