Jaundiced Babies

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2014, 02:49 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
Mason came out quite jaundiced, in the moderate to high risk section. So far we have (barely) avoided being in the hospital under lights. He's been eating and pooping well, so I'm hoping his levels are low enough today that we don't have to get more pokes tomorrow. Poor kiddo has had to get poked every day so far Anyone else in a similar boar?

May 14th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
Owen was the same, no lights but had to stay in the hospital. He wasn't peeing or pooping enough though and his weight loss was high so with all that we had to stay longer..I hope Masons levels drop so he doesn't need any lights or any more pokes.

May 14th, 2014, 06:06 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I went through this the most with my oldest. I guess with my blood type they are more at risk? I forget how she explained it to me.

Anyways, my first was under bili lights. My other two we sunned them and we did the same with Killian but he had better chances because he was mostly formula fed since he had eating issues from the get-go.

We had to be under a certain amount before leaving the hospital and it only went up 2 numbers at his next day check up. He has been fine since. I'll keep my fingers crossed you guys don't need lights!

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
May 15th, 2014, 05:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup we had to do the billi blanket and lights for a day but after that he was good. With my first I woke him to nurse at least every two hours and sunned him he never had to do the lights luckily was just under the requirement but man was he orange lol

May 15th, 2014, 09:07 AM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
Thanks guys! Mason's levels came back just under treatment level again yesterday, so we are still skating by! He has been eating and pooping like a champ, so that's helping his system clear out! Thankful for all this sunshine we've had since he was born

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
Yup we had to do the billi blanket and lights for a day but after that he was good. With my first I woke him to nurse at least every two hours and sunned him he never had to do the lights luckily was just under the requirement but man was he orange lol
I know what you mean! Mason looks like he has quite the tan! lol

May 15th, 2014, 11:34 AM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had to do treatment for 5 days... it sucked, the good thing is that our insurance covered an I. Home photo therapy bed. So we were able to maintain a good nursing g relationship. Hopefully his levels keep on The decline, Jaelynn is finally I. The clear. KUP on how he does. (Jaelynn's poor heels are tore up from a weeks worth of poke, so I know how you feel)

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search