Cloth diaper Mamas

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By inyourhonor
  • 1 Post By Londons Butterfly

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So what have you tried so far? What worked and what didnt?

I have Bummis Prefolds in NB size with Bummis super brite wraps. They are really small. Should have started out with the size smalls not NB size.

Kissaluvs Size 0 are bulky but fit well. Again the NB size covers are almost too small over them.

Cloth-eez Workhorse fitteds NB size. I got the ones with the snap closures and I wish I hadnt. To make them fit around his waist they were WAY too big around his legs. If I had got them without snaps I could have used a snappi to make them fit right. They are Super wide in the crotch area and we need to use a size small Bummis Original cover and it fits perfectly over all the bulk.

I have 1 ecobums AIO and its awesome. My fav diaper and I only have 1

I have 10 pocket diapers that a WAHM in my city made. They fit perfectly and were awesome the first 2-3 weeks. Now that his pees are massive they leak. She has the fleece inside lining seam on the outside of the leg opening. It wicks pee onto his clothes every time he pees. so.. we got 3 weeks of use outta them and thats about it. DH likes them best cause they are easiest for him to put on so he keeps using them but every time he puts one on it means an entire wardrobe change.

I tired a Bum Genius on him yesterday just to see the fit and its huge. He could wear it as a onesie.

One thing I have done differently this time is we are using disposable liners. First we had the ones that feel like paper. Not my fav. The second roll we are using now is more like a very thin cloth. Its super soft and its making poo clean up really awesome. I didnt use them ever with DS1 cause I thought, whats the point of having nice soft cloth diapers then lining them with rough paper. These new kind are really nice.

May 14th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
So far I have used my one kissaluvs nb fitted which was perfect. And the rest are my hybrid fitteds that I made. And they have been perfect also. The newborn fleece soakers are too small with the fitteds. But if I use the flats they would probably fit. Haven't gotten there yet. I'm using a mix of cloth and disposable that the hospital sent me home with.

Scarlett Diane

May 14th, 2014, 11:55 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll be honest: I haven't tried mine at all yet, been using the disposables that we have. I'm thinking I might put him in the cloth ones about now though. Poor James copped DH's sensitive skin so, in addition to needing a decent amount of moisturising, has had pretty sore looking nappy rash even with me using barrier cream. Hoping the cloth nappies might help, I've heard they can.

May 15th, 2014, 04:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm in a tough spot now :-/ tiny is just now the size of a newborn around 7-8lbs (which is crazy since he was born at 4lb 9oz and is only a month old) we have rumparooz little joeys that fit him amazing and are my favorites but he is out peeing them everytime we have kissa loves that are ok but are more bulky and the inside is more pili I a also have happy hiney small diapers that fit great still but also peeing out of the microfiber insert they come with :-/ also like the fuzzy buns x small but also peeing out of them I have not liked my alva newborns or my happy flute newborn diapers. I'm not sure what we are going to do till he fits into my one size stash I love cloth and he has such a sensitive butt disposables are not an option!!

May 15th, 2014, 06:45 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ive only used our Kawaiis and per usual I am happy. I found my fuzzibunz also but haven't put them on him yet.

Diapers on the smallest setting are still big on him

just a wee bit
Londons Butterfly likes this.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
May 15th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
Scarlett in the nb one I made.

lovemylittlemiss likes this.

Scarlett Diane

May 15th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We haven't started yet...I'm waiting for her to chunk out so she can fit into our pocket diapers since we don't have any newborn dipes. I'm thinking it will be at least another couple weeks before she fits into the diapers we have. Our stash mainly consists of Alva...also have 4 Flip covers, all left over from DD1 so as long as she isn't a drastically different build or something I think we should be fine.

May 15th, 2014, 11:29 AM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use pockets, but won't be starting until she gains some weight, our pockets are 1 size, and they do not work so well on her skinny little legs!!

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search