Non-reactive NST?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Super Mommy
I had my usual NST today and after 20 minutes the nurses said that baby had borderline passed and she was "quite non-reactive". She still got the 6 movements required but they were sporadic and weak. We never tried to wake her up or anything. Apparently that was their next move....but as soon as they were dialing for the dr to come in and check the little monster picked up and started thrashing around. I know she was awake during the whole test since her HB fluctuated between 140-180 the whole time......apparently the threat of a dr is enough to get her moving though.

So I have another NST for tuesday booked and if shes still really sleepy I might go in again on Sunday. My dr is useless and doesnt worry about anything so Im not even going to waste my time calling him and telling him my concerns. Ill just keep a close eye on her and start tormenting the hospital with constant NSTs if I feel shes too quiet.

Anyone else have this happen? Shes been squirming since then but just really small movements. Its probably nothing....but just in case I may be spending a bunch of time checking on her this weekend!

May 16th, 2014, 07:46 PM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yrs I had this with my first son. I had to go in to be monitored. Turns out it was because I hadn't eaten fir a few hours. Once I ate and drank he was all over. Just keep a close eye on things.

[/url

May 16th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Super Mommy
Shes been squirming for hours now. Turkey. I swear I have to snack in the middle of the night when I pee these days or her and I both end up starving in the morning!

May 16th, 2014, 08:37 PM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's good that she's moving all around. My babies always seem to be sleeping or have stage fright when I've had nst tests. I feel ya on that one! My hubby laughs when I come into the room at 3 am with a bowl of cereal.

[/url

Last edited by anhoyle; May 16th, 2014 at 11:09 PM.
May 16th, 2014, 08:49 PM
LUSHaye's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They gave me juice to help get bun moving around at the very beginning of my NST this morning. It was like he was on a sugar high. Didn't need to poke or prod or anything. My previous NST, he was really lazy and they used the weird vibrator thing. I think the juice worked better.
May 16th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
I had many NSTs that lasted a hour due to my lazy guy.. We knew he was okay just not busy enough to get the accelerations. He was buzzed a good amount of times..Don't worry about it too much, the doctor wouldn't have let you go home if baby looked bad on the strip. Glad she got moving more for you!

May 17th, 2014, 12:15 AM
Super Mommy
Have any of you seen really high hb spikes? She used to have about a 140 baseline and spike up to about 170 with movement and now it seems like she spends a good amount of her time with high heartrate and drops down to 140s for part of the test. So kinda reversed....maybe shes just being a turkey when Im strapped up I dunno. Time to get out bebe!

May 17th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Little A had a non reactive NST once...it was really wonky. Her heart rate was really low for quite a bit, so much so that the machine started alarming. She never got enough accelerations to have it be classified as reactive so my doc had me come back a couple days later for another and she passed that with flying colors. She also had NSTs where her hb spiked so high it made the machine alarm.

May 17th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Super Mommy
Shes still super quiet today but reacts really well when I poke at her. Poor thing.....as soon as she falls asleep theres mom waking her up lol. Im hoping this is her gearing up for labor. Heres hoping!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search