People and their dang opinions. AH!!

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bella88
  • 1 Post By Ellies_mom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Super Mommy
Every single person I talk to or see gives me the "I cant believe your dr is letting you go this long. He deserves to have his medical license taken away". I have finally started biting their heads off as of the last few days....has anyone bothered to ask what me and DH want? No. Take your dang opinions and shove them people. This is what we want. I was induced last time and it went horrifically wrong because my body/baby were not ready. I might end up having to be induced again, yup. But I plan on giving this munchkin every day possible to arrive on her own......as I go longer overdue with no LO I think Im getting grouchier and more hostile lmao!

May 18th, 2014, 07:05 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How overdue are you? I'm sure if it got to the point where your OB was concerned then they and you would look at induction but if all is going well then obv your LO needs a little more time and it's safe to do so. As if it isn't already frustrating enough for you being overdue.
Ellies_mom likes this.

May 18th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Super Mommy
See my original DD was May 16. They've changed it a few times and ended up saying May 6 was the date. That was at 34 weeks. I disagree 1000000% because they changed it due to her size. Size means nothing in terms of development and I refuse to listen to that. My last baby was really big as well. Ive never had GD and only gained 10ish lbs so far this pg.

Thankfully my dr is totally on board with me and pushing me to let baby cook. He agrees with the May 16 DD...its just the OB and other butthead drs that Ive had to see that are battling it. We are doing a couple NSTS per weeks as well as ultrasounds every two weeks. And I dont think I'll be allowed to go past the end of next week anyway.....but it just annoys the crap out of me that nobody has even asked us if this is our choice or the drs. Well actually, its both. People. Gah.

I kinda think in the end Ill be induced because I have nothing happening anymore. It all stopped a while back...but Im hoping baby is just waiting for that "perfect day" and she will suddenly decide to come. I am getting the membrane sweep done again on tuesday too so that might help!
bella88 likes this.

May 18th, 2014, 07:46 PM
Well changing it at 34 weeks is stupid . Would have put me as due in April of they did that to me but my guy was just a fatty and I know exactly when he was conceived. You already know you have big bubbas. It's not too bad if your original due date was the 16th and it's the 18th over there. Do you think that date was right? People don't know what they're talking about. Next week would have been a normalish time to induce anyway if they left your date alone. It's not like they are just ignoring you and not caring for you so feel free to bite the heads off as many nosy busybodies as you like!

May 18th, 2014, 08:35 PM
dindin's Avatar Veteran
very silly of them to change your due date that far long.

1/12 3/13
May 18th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Um yeah, the further along you get the less accurate u/s's are anyways... Like I had one with DS at 35 weeks and they told me he was 5lbs and 14oz already. He was born exactly 4 weeks later at 5lbs and 11oz. How ridiculous for them to change it so late due that... Anyways, people suck. I was so over people's opinions and advice on fb that I just logged off until LO arrived. Like quit with the third degree and your advice. I have freaking google, I already know all the tricks you're giving me. And trust me, I freaking tried them.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

May 19th, 2014, 07:32 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! Yeah thats why I didnt agree with the date change. I dont think big babies mature any faster than peanuts When I figured out my DD a loooooong time ago I put it at MAy 17. The 8 week u/s had it at May 16 so the dates are definately dead on. Shes just a patient little thing!

May 19th, 2014, 09:01 AM
Haha yeah I would think that they would know if a baby is 8 weeks or 9w3d, decent amount of difference so early on! So how does May 6 work?! When my guy was measuring big everyone and their dog was all "are your dates wrong? He's measuring a fortnight ahead, they must be wrong" but the early ultrasound matched up exactly with the ovulation day I had marked and we had sex all of one day before then so I knew my due date was dead on. Yeah he came 2 weeks early and was over 9lbs but he was only 49cm long so he wasn't really long too and I honestly think he only came early because I was over 100% capacity .

May 19th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Super Mommy
Some babies are just big DD was born at 38 weeks and 9 1/2 lbs but she had some eating issues and jaundice so I have no doubt she was 38 weeks. And I know this baby is big but even baking 3 weeks more than DD I dont think she will be that much bigger....I could be wrong though lol!! Guess I'll find out eventually!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search