Ideas for longer sleeping stretches during the night?

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2014, 09:24 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Miri sleeps for about 2.5 hours tops during the night - from waking time to waking time. She goes back to sleep easily after feeding and changing.

What are some ideas for trying to get her to sleep for longer stretches? Reminder that I am pumping and bottle feeding.

Also: I connected that she is doing the excessive grunting thing/restlessness while sleeping ONLY if she gets formula. So now I guess I'll need to switch formulas for those times that I'm not pumping enough. Not sure where to start??
May 20th, 2014, 09:58 AM
jmills1129's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We cosleep, but I am breastfeeding, so that is how I get a little extra sleep not much help I know, but hoping you find something that works for you.

9w4d, June, 16 2013
Missing My Angel baby
May 20th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you swaddle her? I've read babies that are swaddled can sleep 1-2 hours longer sometimes. I also try to feed A often during the evening to get her tanked up before the night. We also sleep with white noise on all night long (quite loud, there are lots of videos on youtube of white noise for 8+ hours). A has always slept pretty good for how young she is...not uncommon for us to get a 4 or 5 hour stretch. I'm not sure if it's because of any of these "tricks" or not though. We do co sleep most of the time and I breastfeed so that allows me to get a lot of extra sleep as well...plus we started to go to be at 10pm like old timers haha....that definitely has helped me not feel sleep deprived.

May 20th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Can I say that I am soo jealous that she goes back to sleep My first was like that but this little guy likes to party from 10 pm to around 2 am every.single.night. and so far nothing we have tried changes that at all. He does cluster feed during this time and then usually give me a longer stretch once he goes down - ranges from 4-5 hours.

May 20th, 2014, 02:05 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
White noise...swaddle her...keep the lights low..noise to a minimum when you get her up.
Vivi is only waking up 1x a night. I got to bed at 11..right before I change her feed her swaddle her..get her in her crib and she wakes up between 2-3am and then is out until 6 or 7am. She usually sleeps about 4 hours at a time.

and its not fun to hear...but it might just be something she has to learn and grow into..some babies just need to wake up and eat several times a night until around that 3 month mark where MOST start to sleep through the night. Try not to feel defeated if she still doesnt sleep longer even after trying some tricks.

Last edited by *CAMM*; May 20th, 2014 at 02:12 PM.
May 20th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
Quote:
Originally Posted by *CAMM* View Post
White noise...swaddle her...keep the lights low..noise to a minimum when you get her up.
Vivi is only waking up 1x a night. I got to bed at 11..right before I change her feed her swaddle her..get her in her crib and she wakes up between 2-3am and then is out until 6 or 7am. She usually sleeps about 4 hours at a time.

This is our routine exactly to the letter.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search