Please, please let this work!

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea1122
  • 1 Post By Tree_Love
  • 1 Post By Nel
  • 1 Post By bella88
  • 1 Post By lovemylittlemiss

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 22nd, 2014, 10:02 AM
Super Mommy
First off, please don't judge.....but Im so shooting for an induction right now. I phoned the hospital where I will be delivering out of desperation and they said they wont induce until the middle of next week. I cried.....on the phone...I think I might have even begged. Im going to have a hard time looking them in the eyes.

Then I phoned my doc in town. He asked how I was doing and I lost it with him too. Stupid hormones. He kept asking if I was uncomfortable...I dont care about comfort though I just want a healthy baby and I really really felt like something was wrong with her. Ive been having contractions every 4-5 minutes since Sunday with no change in my cervix. Im so tired I can barely function but in too much pain to sleep.

Then he surprised me by saying I was right What?! The ultrasound yesterday showed a perfectly healthy baby but polyhydro something. Way too much fluid. The level was on the high end of normal at my ultrasound 2 weeks ago but yesterday it was unreal. Apparently I am now measuring 48 weeks. Bigger than a full term twin pregnancy. I cried again lol. I was so glad....Ive been feeling like a total wimp for whining so at least I know Im not totally crazy...Having a baby over 10 lbs in there is bad enough but the super fluid shes in has made my life miserable.

So hes phoning the hospital right now and saying times up. I so hope he can convince the OB there. I was so anti-inducing but this is unreal and with all the fluid baby will never engage enough to push on my cervix anyway. I just worry that the doc will come back and say "Okay we'll do it on Monday". NO!! NOW!! Send me lots of good luck please!! Im really hoping this works!

Last edited by Ellies_mom; May 22nd, 2014 at 10:10 AM.
May 22nd, 2014, 10:07 AM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
I hope you get to go in today! No judgment here, you have served your time and have valid reasons that baby should come sooner rather than later..
Ellies_mom likes this.

May 22nd, 2014, 10:26 AM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No judgement at all mama. You are past your due date, having some issues and you should trust your intuition. You are against induction but feel you need to get your baby safe and are not choosing induction for convenience. I hope this is it and everyone gets on board and you get to snuggle your baby instead of constantly worry about her!
Ellies_mom likes this.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

May 22nd, 2014, 10:32 AM
Super Mommy
Do not google this polyhydroamniosis thing. Dear God. I think I just had a stroke. This is why I never google anything.

May 22nd, 2014, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think its very understandable why you want to be induced. I hope they help you out.
Ellies_mom likes this.

May 22nd, 2014, 11:27 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely don't look again! As the others have said, there's nothing to judge. You know best. You aren't just being impatient and done and your doctor. No point hanging around pregnant when you can tell that your baby isn't doing well and there's most likely no way she can engage herself with the ridiculous fluid levels. I hope they get you right in. If I was you I think I would have been a psychotic mess camped at the hospital, hysterically demanding they cut her out. When I heard I had preeclampsia just shy of 38 weeks I was so worried and wanted him out that second so I knew he'd get here safely. You are coping so well when you look at the ribbish you've put up with and are still dealing with. Keep sticking to your guns. With a doctor backing you up them surely they will see sense.
Ellies_mom likes this.

May 22nd, 2014, 01:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope she is in your arms soon! I would be begging for an induction too! If it makes you feel any better I had high fluid with my first pregnancy and my doc said other than making me uncomfortable it was unlikely to cause problems...much less serious than low fluid.
Ellies_mom likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search