Milk Supply

Forum: May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By RedSoxFan84
  • 2 Post By LUSHaye

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2014, 08:39 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
For those pumping... how much extra milk are you storing?

I have a pretty big stash right now (my guess would be around 300 ounces in all), and I will continue to store until we run out of freezer space. As it is, it currently takes up half the freezer, and I will need to pull our mini-fridge/freezer out soon. Gabriel will be starting daycare in less than 2 weeks, and I will be returning to work. I should be able to continue breastfeeding/pumping on a fairly regular schedule until September when I start nursing school core classes and clinicals. At that point I will transition into formula because I simply won't be able to pump or feed him for pretty much 12 hours at a time. I am expecting my supply to drop dramatically once that happens.

What is everyone else doing with feeding? How are things going for pumping mamas and formula moms?

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14
June 4th, 2014, 10:10 PM
RedSoxFan84's Avatar Veteran
I just started pumping a couple of days ago, I am going to work in about 3 weeks. I really don't have much of a stash yet, but I'm not too worried about it, yet. I have a separate deep freezer.

I am a nurse who works 12 hour shifts, but I was able to speak with my boss and am changing my shift to nights. There is no way I would be able to pump during the day shift considering how busy it is (I am lucky if I get a lunch break). Nights tend to be much slower, so I know I will be able to pump every few hours. Still, I am nervous about losing my supply and really hope I can continue to BF until Brianna is 1. I guess all we can do is take if day by day.
Lyndsey2013 likes this.

Thanks Vicki... for my beautiful siggy!
June 5th, 2014, 11:01 AM
LUSHaye's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been pumping while bun was in the nicu and I honestly thought he waws devouring everything I was bringing in. Turns out they were freezing it and now there's two tubs of milk waiting to be picked up from the hospital. My freezer does not have the room to accommodate it all. I need to buy a mini freezer. I'm not sure how much is in those two tubs, but I have pump sessions that yield 6 ounces and some sessions where I yield 15 ounces. I'm ready to open a dairy stand here. I don't go back to work until early October so I figure I'll have a pretty big stash by then which will be nice and I'll be able to slow down on the pumping.
Lyndsey2013 and MommaBean18 like this.
June 5th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Super Mommy
I want to start but with Sophies jaundice shes eating everything I make right now. Really hoping to get some in the freezer soon!

June 5th, 2014, 03:15 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
I've got a teeny bit in the fridge, but I haven't been able to pump the days I'm home alone with the boys. School starts on Monday and I'm hoping to pump enough to keep my supply up.

June 6th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Veteran
15 ounces??? Wow! I'm impressed!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search