High Risk

Forum: **NEW** May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2013, 03:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else high risk? Type I diabetes has me at high risk status. Thankfully with my daughter it didn't affect my birth experience...had a drug free vaginal delivery and went into labor on my own. I also have hypothyroidism.

October 3rd, 2013, 03:37 PM
acmd03's Avatar Lincoln's Mommy
I have chronic high blood pressure, which didn't effect my first, either, although my ob was certain it would so she talked me into inducing. If I go back to an ob I'll be high risk again, but I'm hoping if I get to see a midwife that won't be the case.

October 3rd, 2013, 03:59 PM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
Yes I am. Mainly for my antiphospholipid syndrome but now that I'm having twins, that just ups my status a little. Being high risk is annoying.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
October 3rd, 2013, 04:45 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
I will be, but not seeing the high risk OB yet. I'm positive I will have gestational diabetes again, and I also have a hypothyroid. I also had some tachycardia issues with my last pregnancy so we will be watching for that as well. I have yet to have my first appt, so we will see what happens next week.

October 3rd, 2013, 06:29 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace.love.audrey View Post
Yes I am. Mainly for my antiphospholipid syndrome but now that I'm having twins, that just ups my status a little. Being high risk is annoying.
I am high risk because of APS as well.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

October 3rd, 2013, 06:58 PM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
Not currently, but with my last pregnancy I did not deliver the placenta and my cervix had almost closed so my OB had to rip through and scrape my placenta out by hand, she said quote "I had to put in like a million stitches" to close up my cervix. So after 20 weeks I have to be seen every two weeks to make sure my cervix is ok, if not I'm on bed rest.
October 4th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
Quote:
Originally Posted by PointDefiance View Post
Not currently, but with my last pregnancy I did not deliver the placenta and my cervix had almost closed so my OB had to rip through and scrape my placenta out by hand, she said quote "I had to put in like a million stitches" to close up my cervix. So after 20 weeks I have to be seen every two weeks to make sure my cervix is ok, if not I'm on bed rest.
I had something similar happen with my first. My placenta had ruptured after birth and came out in pieces. They ended up leaving some inside of me and I hemorrhaged a few hours after birth. They had to do the same thing, shoving their hands in scraping and pulling out what they had left. It was an awful experience until they knocked me out.

I'm not sure if I will be high risk, but I will be monitored very closely until they can determine where the placenta implanted (16-20 weeks) since I had placenta previa my last pregnancy. I was put on bed rest at 24 weeks my last pregnancy.

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
October 4th, 2013, 06:12 AM
ToMuchElmo's Avatar Veteran
I have been boarderline type 2 diabetic since they found GD 2 pregnancies ago, losing weight helped this past year, but already my sugars are up so I'm back on the diet. I also have hypothyroidism. I've already had my medication upped

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search