More gender talk...especially for BTDT moms

Forum: **NEW** May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2013, 01:05 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
Do you think there's any merit to knowing what you're having because of how you picture the baby?

For instance, I cannot picture what a baby boy would look like. But I can so, so clearly picture a baby girl. I can see her features and eye color and hair and everything. Even when I imagine the baby I picture myself holding a girl. Maybe it's just because that's what I want more, I don't know.

Any BTDT moms visualized what you were having and were correct?
October 23rd, 2013, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was just like you. I was more attached to the thought of a girl, I was more focused on wanting a girl. It was really odd for me to even imagine what having a boy would be like, it wasnt the same feeling or thought at all. It was much much different in my head and its hard to explain why. I wasn't disapointed with a boy at all, I just could clearly see a girl being my baby lol I was very happy we found out it was a boy cause I only had girl names picked I AM so SO happy I had a boy though. He has been so so so fun to raise and EASY, omg he is an easy child to deal with every day. I couldnt have asked for a better baby or child.

October 23rd, 2013, 01:30 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am no help, because every time, I thought it was a girl .. I have 3 boys haha. Only because I know it's what I wanted. I'm horrible at that instinct. My gut is right about everything else, except this one!

I had a very hard time imagining their faces though. I thought it would be easier with each subsequent baby, but it wasn't. They've all come out with their own look, people say they can tell their brothers, tell me who looks like who. I just see them as their individual self I cannot see my husband or I in them either!

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
October 23rd, 2013, 02:22 PM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a vivid dream DS was a boy but I didn't believe it until I had the gender scan! I haven't had a dream yet for this LO.

October 23rd, 2013, 02:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No help here. I never had a mental picture of what my child would look like. I kind of figured DS would be a boy just because DH's family pretty much only makes boys

October 23rd, 2013, 02:33 PM
PointDefiance's Avatar My job is life itself.
Because my kids are mixed, I can't picture their faces... Because I don't know lol, I was 100% positive that DD was a boy. When we had the ultrasound d and the tech asked if we wanted to know the gender the swiped over my belly and I saw the three kind and said "it's a girl...." I wasn't disappointed, just shocked that I was that off. I made them print like 4 potty shots because I was I disbelief lol this time I am 100% convinced it's another girl and that she'll look just like DD... I dunno if I'm right tho lol
October 23rd, 2013, 03:23 PM
Regular
I keep having dreams that I'm having another girl. I tried to imagine what my oldest would look like, she is an interracial child but she came out looking very different then what I imagined. =)

October 23rd, 2013, 05:54 PM
Londons Butterfly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Londons Butterfly Send a message via Yahoo to Londons Butterfly
I knew my first would be a girl and I was right. I thought maybe my second would be a girl but he's a boy . My third I really wanted him to be a girl and was highly disappointed when I found out he was a he. My fourth I wanted a girl of course but knew it would be a boy. And now I keep getting dreams of the ultrasound saying its a boy. But I can imagine myself holding a little girl with brown hair and brownish eyes and cute little girly clothes. I want a girl so much because this baby is my last. But I'm okay with having another boy. I won't have to buy anything for him lol.

I never thought my daughter would come out blonde. I never thought my boys would have so much hair or look a lot alike. I never thought my third boy would have my blue eyes and his hair be a blindfish brown color. So my instincts on looks are usually off lol.

Scarlett Diane

October 23rd, 2013, 06:23 PM
Veteran
I'm no help either because my last pregnancy I pictured exactly how my little girl was going to look and was 100% positive based on my instinct it was a girl and I was completely wrong! This time around I think it's a boy but want a girl so I'm hoping my instincts are off again lol!
October 23rd, 2013, 07:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Idk last time I "knew" by 8 weeks I was having a boy and was right this time I'm feeling girl but I'm not sure? I think it may be because I want a girl!

October 24th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DH and I look pretty similar so it's not hard to imagine what our kids will look like. I knew he/she would have blonde hair and blue eyes as a kid and I'm pretty certain that their hair will darken to dark blonde by adulthood (that's what happened to DH and me)

For my first I was more open to what the baby will be like but this time I'm having a harder time imagining what it will be like to have a boy...I think because I'm used to having a girl. I had a slight inkling that my first was a girl but I kept brushing it off because that is the gender I had a preference for. This time I have a strong feeling it's a boy..can't wait to see if I'm right!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search