PUPPs

Forum: **NEW** May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By lovemylittlemiss
  • 1 Post By acmd03
  • 1 Post By lovemylittlemiss

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2013, 08:39 PM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Has anyone had this?

I finally gave in today and went to the dermatologist. She thinks it is PUPPs which doesn't normally show up until the 3rd trimester. I'm covered in a hive-like rash =( . It itches so bad that I can't sleep and sometimes it has me in tears because I'm so uncomfortable. I don't know how I am going to survive if this lasts the rest of the pregnancy.

I go in 3 weeks for a biopsy to rule out bulbous pimphigoid, which is rare and you get hives as well as blisters. FUN! Hoping it isn't that!

If I get super miserable I can do steroid cream and pills but she wants me to wait until I'm further along.
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
October 29th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had it last time and it was pure hell!!! I would not wish it on anyone! It would wake me up at night and practically have me in tears because I itched so bad. I couldn't think about anything else besides the itching. To make matters worse my doc wouldn't give me anything for it; nothing at all! I just had to suffer! Thankfully it was towards the end of the 3rd tri and it did have a peak and then got less itchy (although it was still itchy). Funny thing is that it usually happens to FTMs pregnant with boys (I had a girl).

The bottom of my stomach has been itchy and red on and off for about a week and I have been fearing that it's PUPPS again...now that i know you can get it earlier I'm even more worried :/ I couldn't imagine going through the whole pregnancy with it. I hope you get some relief soon!
mkljmom likes this.

October 29th, 2013, 07:13 AM
acmd03's Avatar Lincoln's Mommy
I didn't have it with my son, although I thought I was getting it early on. But I have super sensitive skin normally, so I get rashes ALL THE TIME from anything that touches me that has a scent in it, and I know those rashes are similar. I've found that the best relief for the itching is corn starch. I've made a paste with it in the past, but now I just put some of the powder on the itchy spot and it helps a lot. It's messy, but worth it for the relief. And completely natural Also, keep cold on it as much as possible. Cold showers, ice packs. I used to take small towels, get them damp, and put them in the freezer for a few minutes and use them like ice packs. That was heaven because they were softer.

That's just a couple tips I've found, hopefully it might help a little. You ladies are amazing to go through that, I live in fear of rashes that won't go away!
mkljmom likes this.

October 29th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the tips! Hopefully the rash will clear up for both of us but if it doesn't I'll keep those in mind
acmd03 likes this.

October 29th, 2013, 07:02 PM
emilyeeb's Avatar Veteran
Hoping you get relief asap!

Thank you for my siggy Jaidynsmum!

October 29th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
I didn't get PUPPPS but I do have super sensitive skin, even moreso in pregnancy so last time after I had my son, I broke out in a rash all over my stomach that itched horribly. My dr said it was combination of hormonal/environmental and gave me some steroid cream that cleared it up. Hopefully it's nothing too bad and clears up! The weather changes lately probably aren't helping! Colder air means drier air and skin!

Expecting Baby Boy #2!

Due May 12, 2014!

October 30th, 2013, 04:28 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! I'm not sure when I can start oral steroid treatment but I called yesterday and I can use hydrocortisone cream. Do they sell it by the vat?
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search