"Discussed Weight Gain"

Forum: **NEW** May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By *CAMM*
  • 1 Post By Lyndsey2013
  • 2 Post By acmd03

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2013, 11:15 AM
208mama's Avatar Veteran
Was the last remark my doctor typed in his notes today. Ugggh... I am up 8 pounds. He said up 1 or down 1 is average at this point. I don't feel like I am gorging or anything. I ate really healthy pre-pregnancy and now I am super laxed, eating pizza and grilled cheese sandwiches but nothing tooooo crazy.. Arggh. Anyone else up there with me???

Tyler Jean:9 Jamisen Ryan: 6 Jaxyn Lily: 7

Izzy a he or Izzy a she - due 5/3/14
October 29th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't been weighed yet but I won't be surprised if I am up that much too. My problem is that because of my diabetes I've been having low blood sugars (common in the first tri for people with diabetes). Then I have to eat, even though often I'm not hungry.

Personally it irritates me when doctors harp on people for weight gain. It is possible to gain 50lbs while eating healthy when you are pregnant...I think the Brewer diet actually expects this of women...the diet is very healthy but it's high cal and high protein. In my case I have bigger issues at hand (managing diabetes) so when they bring it up I'm going to say something this time. Last time I gained probably 50lbs but lost it all without trying in a matter of months...I believe a lot of it was water.

October 29th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was at 8lbs up last time I weighed myself, I think it was on the weekend or late last week. I was up 10lbs the week before but I had eaten like a crazy on the weekend. Thank goodness it went away lol Im not eating any differently than I was before I got pregnant so I dunno W-T-F. I gained 60 with my last and I am really not wanting that to happen again

My butt is bigger i think, My undies are fitting oddly and I dont think I can blame that on my belly.

October 29th, 2013, 12:20 PM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
Yeah....I'm up anywhere from 5-8, depending on which scale I'm on. I haven't been throwing up and have been eating a lot more, and not all of my choices have been the healthiest :/

I've been pretty lax, too. Maybe we can all get motivated to start walking or doing yoga or something? Easier said than done!
October 29th, 2013, 03:21 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm up 9lbs..I gained 2lbs on our vacation last week in Disney World =/ we ate out a lot the 4 days we were there and the 4 days we drove to get there. 2lbs isnt sooo bad though I guess.
Its still better than the 12-15 I gained the last 2 times by 12 weeks!!!

I've been trying really hard this pregnancy to make smart food decisions..and I've still gained so Ive decided this is what my baby and body need at the moment and I can't feel bad about it.
Nel and emilyeeb like this.

October 29th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Lyndsey2013's Avatar Mom to 2 + 3
I am up 14 pounds, probably the most here. If I'm hungry though, I'm going to eat, and my weight has leveled off quite a bit over the last 4 weeks. I just had a ravishing hunger that hasn't completely gone away.
Nel likes this.

Gabriel Tomás, 4/29/14
October 29th, 2013, 04:13 PM
acmd03's Avatar Lincoln's Mommy
Not every woman is going to gain the same at any point in pregnancy, either. Your gain may slow down later when most women would be gaining steadily. Maybe if further into the pregnancy you've gained way more than normal, then it might be worth talking about, but really. I've decided that I'm not worrying about weight during pregnancy, I'm just worrying about growing a healthy baby
Lyndsey2013 and emilyeeb like this.

October 29th, 2013, 05:25 PM
emilyeeb's Avatar Veteran
I agree with many of these posts. It is hard to worry about weight matters when your blood sugar is dipping constantly and to keep the ickies from coming back, you have to shovel food in your face. I have to eat every 1 1/2 - 2 hrs or I am sick and tired and blah. I did lose 5 lbs in my move to a different state, but had an appt. today and looks like I gained exactly 5 back. But, I think if I hadn't lost them, I'd be up 5 lbs. Everyone is different and a lot of weight has to do with fluids. I'd rather be well hydrated and weigh more.

Thank you for my siggy Jaidynsmum!

October 29th, 2013, 08:12 PM
Crafty Mommy
Right there with you babe. Up about 9lb already but my OB is totally fine with it. Don't sweat it. As long as you are getting some nutrients in there for baby, just do the best you can!

October 29th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Regular
I'm up 10lbs but have held at that for the last four weeks. The doc thinks the weight gain is from the progesterone I'm on. I'm hoping that's it. But oh well anything for a healthy baby right?

October 30th, 2013, 03:08 AM
BB2014's Avatar Super Mommy
I am up 10 pounds. I have gained 5 pounds in the past month. Scared for my next appointment. With DS I gained 75 pounds. I really wanted it to be different this pregnancy but this time around if I don't eat every 2-3 hours I get light headed and feel like I'm seriously going to faint. I hate it but it's all for a healthy baby!

October 30th, 2013, 08:46 AM
NewMami's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to NewMami
i think I'm up about 5... and I'm 5'1 so that's alot for me. It just really is tough to keep the weight down , I feel hungry all the time.... and yeah the cravings don't help.

October 30th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Veteran
That's is ridiculous...you are amazingly fit from looking at your photo and every woman gains differently in the 1st trimester. How is your ob otherwise? If not great maybe time to find a more supportive and realistic doctor? You are doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken-2 View Post
I'm up 10lbs but have held at that for the last four weeks. The doc thinks the weight gain is from the progesterone I'm on. I'm hoping that's it. But oh well anything for a healthy baby right?
Wow I did not realize progesterone did that is it a fluid thing?

How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa
October 30th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Super Mommy
My OB doesn't mention my weight. I am up 5lbs, 1lb in the past 4 weeks. Although I attribute most of the weight gain to the time of day. The first appt and starting weight was in the morning. The last 2 appts have been in the afternoon.

Lucas Xavier is here! Born 4/24/2014 at 10:47pm
7 pounds 6 ounces
20.5 inches long

October 30th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
This weekend I was up about 2.5lbs. I was really surprised it wasn't much more, since when I eat it is usually not a healthy choice.

October 30th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Tree_Love's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea what I weighed when I got pregnant. So as far as I know, I am at 0. *shrugs* I think weight gain only matters if it happens rapidly with high bp and seeing spots and having headaches. AKA pre-e... I don't get why it is such a big deal if you are otherwise healthy. You can exercise later, don't stress yourself out and just try to make healthy choices as much as you can.

Elan Dakota 7/28/2012
Paxx Tarlow & Sage Finley 10/20/2012
Rhys Caelan 5/3/2013

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search