Gender shock!

Forum: **NEW** May 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By NurseMommy19
  • 1 Post By mkljmom
  • 1 Post By inyourhonor
  • 1 Post By *CAMM*
  • 2 Post By girlsofsummer
  • 1 Post By underhermantle

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To **NEW** May 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Crafty Mommy
So I linked a pic in my other post, but we found out today we are having a BOY and we are completely in shock! I just KNEW it was a girl and so did DH.

I am not disappointed so much as surprised, but in a way I am kind of mourning the loss of being able to do bows and foo foo all over again, and I am sad DD won't have the sister that she wants. I have been trying to tell her the perks of a boy (he won't want to steal her bows, shoes, dolls, etc) but she's not buying it. Plus we had a good girl name we actually agreed on quickly. Sigh....

So....ladies, I need to hear from experience how GREAT boys are!! Cause I have no clue! The unknown is what scares me!!

October 30th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Veteran
Boys really are wonderful! They absolutely adore their Mama's! I was so hoping for a girl when I found out my son was a boy and I was a little disappointed at first but now I would not trade that little boy for anything! He is such a Mama's boy and I love it. And he is a hilarious (almost) 2 year old! That being said, I do still really want a little girl this time! Congrats on your little boy
October 30th, 2013, 04:23 AM
mkljmom's Avatar Super Mommy
I love all of my children, but my son was by far my easiest child. My girls are much more high maintenance and dramatic. I have 4 little sisters and 3 daughters. If I have to do any more hair I might lose my mind lol. Boys are a snap to get ready! They typically don't have the clothing "issues" girls sometimes have and you can comb their hair and be done.:-)

I know when boys get together they have a wild energy, but at home he was never like that. He is quiet and chill.

^you can see why I won't be upset if we are having another boy!
Bria'sMommy likes this.
Mommy to Max 9/21/99, Lucy 8/9/05, Kirby 7/18/07, Jaycie 2/11/09, and expecting baby #5 5/6/14
October 30th, 2013, 04:54 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have 3 boys and they are the best of friends. There are ups and downs but you know, no matter what, they're always there for them.

Their imagination is fun, although at times a bit icky (fart/booger jokes) but they're cuddly and sweet. My middle son calls me his love several times a day. My oldest is so sweet and kind, a kind soul. My youngest is energetic but my movie buddy during the day. They are fun for giggles and tickles, watching my husband wrestle around with them and letting them win is one of the best things.

I hate they don't have a lot of options for boy clothing, but I manage to find some super cute stuff. I love putting them in shirt and ties for holidays, or super cute sweaters.

They're the best
Bria'sMommy likes this.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
October 30th, 2013, 06:39 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My son...I adore him. He is one of the sweetest children I know. He calls me his sweet mama and his best friend. I love having a boy just as much as a girl.
Bria'sMommy likes this.

October 30th, 2013, 07:45 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Expecting baby #1
This is my first, but something occurred to me today if I don't have a girl:
Think of what a new, awesome experience this will be for your husband. You're giving him a son, someone he can share his love of manly things with! Be it sports, outdoor activities, car repair, whatever -- of course girls can do those things, too, but the relationship between a father and a son is so unique and treasured. Plus he'll be passing down your name.

Congratulations Momma
inyourhonor and Bria'sMommy like this.
October 30th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Veteran
My first was a boy and his by far the sweetest most loving child. Girls and boys are all different. I do not think one gender is better than the other or easier etc. I have 2 and 2 and I can attest to that!
Bria'sMommy likes this.

How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers. ~ Blessed Mother Teresa
October 30th, 2013, 03:14 PM
MommaBean18's Avatar Gabe & Mason's Mommy
I'm not going to lie, I absolutely LOVE having a boy! He is the cutest darn thing and is just a bundle of joy! He's such an easy going baby too!

October 30th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Kellylovesricky's Avatar & Mikey & Isabella
Oh I could go on and on about having a boy is the best. Everyone has said most of what I would. I think there is a different kind of love boys have for their mothers. I'm not saying girls love their moms any less..it's just different, boys have a protective almost worship for their mom. It's beautiful!

October 30th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Andrea1122's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Location: California, Thank you military for sending us back home
Boys are amazing!!!! The love they have for their mommas is so special and wonderful. My boys are total mommas boys, and I love it. They have been so much more cuddly and loving then my daughter ever was. You will love love love having a boy!!

October 31st, 2013, 05:42 AM
Crafty Mommy
Thanks ladies!!! I totally have a dramatic high maintenance girl already, so I am hoping for an easy, laid back dude. DD is also totally a mama's girl, so it sounds like I will have two clung to me at all times! Which I am not complaining about... ;-)

October 31st, 2013, 03:40 PM
Seaweed's Avatar Super Mommy
If i could find out the gender this early I would just be shocked to know the sex lol Comparing my nephews and nieces......the boys have always seemed more obedient to me and less spoilt! :-)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search