Sophia Elizabeth

Walk the Plank

The Birth Stories of our Pirates and Pixies

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Seasaidh
  • 1 Post By slmehaffey

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Walk the Plank LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2013, 08:08 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Finally getting around to posting my birth story. I had to prepare myself mentally because it was very scary and traumatic for me. I think if I hadnt had her friday we May have lost her from what happened. At least thats what my nurse told me. Well here it goes.... Sophia Elizabeth, born friday October 4th at 8:46 pm. She weighed 6 lbs and 1 ounce. I was 39 weeks pregnant. My BP was really high so the sent me to L&D to be monitored. While I was there they noticed that her heartrate kept going way down with each contraction or if I got up to pee or anything. It scared the docs and nurses several times by not wanting to come back up for several minutes. Talk of an emergency C section was flying around the room and the doc told me to prepare myself mentally just in case. He told me that either way, I would be having a baby that day. I had already went from 2 to 3 cm dilated and was contracting every 3-4 minutes. I was moved to a labor/delivery room from triage and they ley me labor While monitiring my still high BP and her heatrate. At around 4 pm i was in alot of pain and at 6 cm. I got my epidural which lowered my BP too much and sent her and I both into distress. I was turned so that my head level was below chest level and was still in pain because the epi wouldnt take for some reason, and now super nauseas from the varying BP changes. At this point her heartbeat went way down and States that way for 5 minutes. They started prepping me for a c section. At that point they gave me something to make my BP go back up and I started feeling better immediately and her heartrate also Came back up. No C section for me. They decides to put an internal monitor on her head at that point. At 8:41 pm it was time to push and she Came out at 8:46 pm with the cord wrapped around her neck and there was also a knot tied in the cord somehow. That is why her heartrate kept going down so low. She was a little blueish when she Came out, but she regained her color quickly and got a perfect Bill of health. I have been calling her my miracle baby. They say the knot in the cord isnt very common, and many times doesnt have a happy ending. I hope thats true, it was extremely scary.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
October 9th, 2013, 08:46 AM
soul_donut's Avatar Melissa
Holy smokes- I'm soooo glad things worked out the way they did with a happy healthy girl. How scary.. at your most vulnerable to have to figure out how to cope with such news. Congrats to you, your family, and your little miracle!
October 9th, 2013, 09:11 AM
"Shay-see"
That is terrifying - I'm so happy it ended well for you both - and without surgery! awesome bonus.

I remember a while back you predicted she'd come on Oct 5. That's some pretty good guesswork!!
soul_donut and jamieshalon2 like this.

October 9th, 2013, 09:43 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad it all ended up ok!! How scary!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

October 9th, 2013, 10:03 AM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Jamie, I bet that was terrifying for you! I'm so glad that everything turned out okay!
October 9th, 2013, 10:25 AM
ILoveStorm2011's Avatar Mack :)
That sounds so scary!!! I'm so happy it worked out in the end though and you have your beautiful daughter in your arms though!
October 9th, 2013, 10:29 AM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh I had no idea your labor was under such duress! That sounds so scary! So happy it all worked out ok and you are both Happy and Healthy!!!

October 9th, 2013, 10:36 AM
JeCaLe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How scary. It sounds a lot like my first labor too and that was very scary. I am so glad that everything turned out okay and she is doing great.

October 9th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Labor is never fun, but yours sounds like an extreme version of the not fun. =S I'm glad it all turned out alright! Scary, though!

My OB didn't seem to be worried about the knot in Lily's cord. She just seemed surprised, and she mentioned it was the second she saw that week.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven. Hoping to get knocked up in 2016. Sometimes.

http://arwenart.com
October 9th, 2013, 11:18 AM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
knots in the cord can be just a normal thing or can be a problem, it really depends on the baby, and the fact that Sophia had her cord around her neck and a knot in it would make things more complicated. A true knot (that is what they are called) is pretty rare.
I'm so glad that things turned out ok for you! I'm also very happy to see you didn't have to have a c-section! I know a traumatic birth is something hard to get through, so if you ever need to talk about it I'm here for you... I had PTSD after my daughter's birth so I learned a lot about feeling bad about your birth experience and how it can affect you.
I hope though that you and Sophia won't need the extra help I needed and that you are both doing well now.
jamieshalon2 likes this.

October 9th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Julie
Thank God everything turned out alright, must have been terrifying.

October 9th, 2013, 02:36 PM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Thanks everyone. I think Im starting to feel better about things.

Jamie age 37-Single mommy and loving life
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
October 9th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Lemon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad she is safe and sound!
October 11th, 2013, 07:55 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So scary! Im glad everything turned out ok and that you didnt need an emergency c-section.

October 12th, 2013, 12:13 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
So glad everything turned out ok and that you have your beautiful little girl in your arms.

October 14th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Phew, that sounds terrifying. I'm so glad all went well and that your little princess is now safe in your arms.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search