Carter Allan James's arrival

Walk the Plank

The Birth Stories of our Pirates and Pixies

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By ~Momma*2011~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Walk the Plank LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2013, 12:51 PM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
This story begins early Tuesday morning around 3:30 am. I had gotten up to pee and gone back to bed; however, I was unable to get back to sleep because contractions had started. And when i went to the bathroom I noticed my pajama pants were slightly wet but I didn't know if it was fluid or if I pee'd myself. And the contractions I didn't think they were close enough together to time them. They were just uncomfortable cramps. I continued to lay there thinking " these are annoying". May I remind you at my 38 week appointment I was already 2-3 cm dilated and 75% effaced.

DH woke up and I told him I was having contractions. He asked if he should stay home, I told him "no" that I'm not in labor.

By 6:00 I could no longer stay laying there and I wanted get up and move to see if they would taper off. I had DH get my birthing ball so I could bounce on it to see if they would get more intense because moving around didn't stop them. I kept busy doing things around the house until DD woke up and we got ready for the day. By this time I was timing the contractions and not only did they vary in intensity, from mild cramps to bend over stop breathing type contractions. They were coming every 4-6 minutes. I still didn't think I was in labor because these contractions weren't what my doctor described what they would feel like. With DD I had an epi and my labor stalled so I really didn't know what contractions felt like.

I dropped DD off at daycare and headed to work. Still contracting. I was hoping that I could make it to my appt because funny enough, I had an appt at 3:50 that afternoon. DH continued to text me and check in because he thought for sure I was in labor. By the time 11:15 rolled around the contractions were 3 minutes apart. My lunch started at noon and I was going to call my doctor and by this time I was for sure leaking amniotic fluid. I called and they could get me in at 1:00. I talked to my boss and told her I planned to be back but my doctor wanted to check me and my appt was at 1:00. She told me to keep her posted.

I arrived at the clinic and word and passed through that I was contracting because the receptionist asked me if I was ok. I told her yes they were tolerable yet. I sat there for only a couple of minutes and the medical assistant took me back and weighed me. She then told me that because i was contracting she would just be getting my doctor to check me.

I still thought at this point in time I would be sent home. My contractions were still 3 minutes apart. The nurse had me get undressed and while doing this my water broke. My doctor confirmed that my membranes had ruptured and he proceeded to check me and looked at his medical assistant and told them her to call L&D and that he needed to rush me over there stat!! I was 9........yes NINE centimeters dilated. This whole time I was contracting I was actually in active labor.

They rushed me to L&D and I had already texted DH and told him they were doing this. By the time I got to L&D I was 10 cm but didn't feel the need to push, yet. I texted DH and told him to "please hurry". Thank heavens he wasn't far away. I got to L&D around 1:30, he arrived around 1:50. I was still joking and laughing in between my contractions which were now down to 1 1/2 minutes apart lasting 45 seconds. The delivery doctor told me that I could push whenever I felt the urge. By this time I came to realization that I would get my natural delivery after all, whether i wanted it now or not. There was no time for anything.

Only a few minutes later and I felt the need to push. Only by this time I was telling the nurses i didn't want to and i wanted an epi. I wasn't joking. Transistion was terrible and the pressure was horrible. I only pushed 4 times and at 2:02 our team green baby arrived.

At first I thought it was another girl because the umbilical cord was between his legs and covering his parts. Then DH leaned down, kissed me and told me it was a boy. I immediately started crying. He proceeded to tell me that I did it, I got my natural delivery and he was so proud of me.

To say I got my all natural birth was a understatement. It was a crazy and rushed situation and my doctor called me a rock star and told me that if i would have waited to come in at my appointment that my water would have broke at work and I probably would have had my baby there too. The nurses also told me i was a rock start because not many women can labor to 9 cm especially while working and taking care of a toddler.

May i remind you that up until my water broke I didn't think i was in labor. DH told me that he was for sure I would have a baby as soon as i told him i was having contractions. He was surprised that i didn't go in earlier.

Regardless my little boy is here. Carter Allan James weighed 7lbs 1 oz and was 20.5 inches long.

October 12th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Dang, I wish I could have gotten to 9 before I even knew I was in labor! lol Great and exciting birth!

October 12th, 2013, 01:37 PM
jennyrae03's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a great story!! Congratulations on your natural birth, and your little boy!!

I'm so scared that this will happen to me - that I won't know I'm in active labor! Yikes!
October 12th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Leah
Wow, exactly what I worry about too. They always tell you you'll not be able to talk/whatever through them, but sometimes that just doesn't seem to be the case. How fortunate they got you in at 1:00. Congratulations on your healthy boy and getting your natural birth like you wanted!

"He's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." ~ Forrest Gump
October 12th, 2013, 05:47 PM
MrsPea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's crazy! I hope I can labor as easily through contractions as you. Funny you were in denial the entire time and your DH knew. Congrats on your little boy!!

October 12th, 2013, 06:40 PM
joonzgurl's Avatar Proud mama of 2 girls
What an amazing story!!! Congratulations on your baby boy

Proud mama to:

Avery Elizabeth (08/27/2011) & Dawsyn Brielle (10/29/2013)
October 12th, 2013, 07:19 PM
slmehaffey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awesome birth story!! Considering you didn't think you were in labor, do you think if you did think you were laboring that you might have been more tense, and had more painful contractions? Just curious... I know with my daughter I didn't feel like I was in labor at 9cm 90% effaced... but she was so high up that there wasn't much pressure.

October 13th, 2013, 06:59 AM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Thats totally awesome!!! Congrats!!

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
October 13th, 2013, 10:05 AM
~Momma*2011~'s Avatar I love my little girl!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slmehaffey View Post
Awesome birth story!! Considering you didn't think you were in labor, do you think if you did think you were laboring that you might have been more tense, and had more painful contractions? Just curious... I know with my daughter I didn't feel like I was in labor at 9cm 90% effaced... but she was so high up that there wasn't much pressure.

I really think that if I would have been confident I was in labor I would have been more tense and probably would have went in earlier and who knows if I would have gotten the natural birth I did. It is hard to say. But probably more tense yes, and that very well could have changed the intensity of the contractions.

October 14th, 2013, 03:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, what a story! Glad you changed you appt time! How awesome you didn't know you were in labour and did it all naturally. Congrats on your little one!
October 14th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Heidijens1's Avatar Super Mommy
What a great story! Congrats on your little guy.
October 15th, 2013, 03:37 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!! I felt the same way, was able to function and talk through contractions until 8-9cm so I wasn't sure when I was ACTUALLY in labour!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}

Forever missing my Mom...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search