Jude Gryffin-- Picture heavy!

Walk the Plank

The Birth Stories of our Pirates and Pixies

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By anothermother

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Walk the Plank LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 4th, 2013, 09:49 AM
anothermother's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Our story starts at 36 when I went in for a routine growth ultrasound. Because of our previous 2nd trimester loss my doctor was super generous with tests and ultrasounds. Thought-out pregnancy all the results had come back normal so getting a growth ultrasound at the end I just expected much of the same.

The results came back that I had polyhydranmios, which basically means too much amniotic fluid. It’s not a huge deal, but when it comes to the end of pregnancy and pending delivery it can make things quite tricky. And if you are like me, you’ve googled it and found the absolute worst possible situations. The biggest things that worried me was a prolapsed cord and him not being down if my water ever decided to break. I had 30cc of fluid and they like to see under 20cc, preferably 18. So I was labeled high risk once again and would need weekly ultrasounds until delivery.

(39 weeks)

At my 37 week ultrasound I was still ay 28cc, and my 38 week ultrasound I was at 26cc. So dropping, but still lots of fluid. Now, because of so much fluids I was measuring a month ahead and very uncomfortable. My doctor thought that I would perhaps go early since there was so much strain on my uterus to put me into labor. Nope. Apparently I have a uterus made of iron. Because of how much pain I was in at that point I grateful accepted her offer to induce at 39 weeks. I’m was never an induction happy woman. I love the idea of a spontaneous ohmygoshthebabyiscomingnow moments. But after being in so much pain for so long and having contractions since 35 weeks I was willing to be done.

And because of the poly it was helping keep Jude afloat and not let him engage to help start labor. Even though I had been contracting heavily since 35 weeks I was only 2cm dilated and 80% effaced by 38 weeks. So the idea that he very well may need to be induced after 41 weeks anyway helped make the decision easy.

My parents started making their trip from New Jersey to Missouri after that appointment and we began to prepare to meet our little guy on our schedule induction date of October 14th, if he didn’t decide to surprise us sooner.

We got to the hospital at 6am Monday morning, the 14th. We got our room, hooked up to the IV, and started on paperwork. When it came time to start the Pitocin the nurse was unable to figure out if he was head down or not. At all the previous OB appointments he had been head down, but after they pulled up the picture on the ultrasound screen they saw that he was transverse. Little bugger.

The nurse called the doctor who wanted to come down and see if she could flip him head down. During this time I was also given c-section papers to sign… which I refused. When the doctor came down to check on the situation we realized that now Jude decided to go breech. Awesome. I got up to use the bathroom and the doctor changed into her scrubs, came back and found he was now the opposite transverse again. Obviously, there was more than enough fluid in there to keep him spinning so flipping him head down was pretty easy for the doctor.

Once we got him head down the nurse and I had to hold him in position because he kept trying to flip again. The doctor then broke my water and then told me I lost about 4 pounds of fluid. Sheesh, could you imagine if my water broke in public? Even after that it still kept coming. I can’t tell you the relief I felt after that. I could breathe again and the pain I felt for so long was gone. I was ready to jump out of the bed and be pregnant for a couple more weeks I felt so good! At this point it was probably 9am.

The doctor put a monitor inside on Jude’s head to kinda “anchor” him in place. He was a good boy after that and stayed head down.

Not long after that I got the epidural. It went well. Joe almost passed out. Poor guy. It didn’t really have anything to do with me getting the epi, but he just didn’t eat enough for breakfast. Poor guy.

I progressed slowly throughout the morning into early afternoon. We tried different positions to try to get things moving since I seemed to be stuck at a 5. The epidural worked super well on the left side.. The right side was hit and miss so I felt a lot of the contractions on that side. And because I was on Pitocin it was not fun at all. 2 minute contractions one on top of the other? Yeah, not fun.

Finally after 4pm I was almost complete—99.9% as the nurse said. Around 5pm I started pushing and he was born at 5:34pm! He was absolutely perfect. He started crying right away and was chubby and pink. He was 8lb even (Joe guessed he’d be 8lbs just like he was) and 20 inches long. That moment they put him on my chest was just amazing, as it was with my girls. There is really no way to explain it.

MoonAngel702 and cortln like this.

November 4th, 2013, 12:06 PM
jamieshalon2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jamieshalon2 Send a message via Skype™ to jamieshalon2
Beautiful story and I absolutely LOVE all the pics. Jude us such a cutie!!!

Jamie age 36-Married to Widget age 33 for 13 years
Tristen James born 10-28-00
Logan Boyce born 1-19-04
Brayden Monroe born 8/2/07
Sophia Elizabeth born 10-4-2103
November 4th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
Wonderful story! I love the pictures, especially the one of you in labor. As much as labor sucks. lol I'm amazed your hair looks pretty decent for what's going on!

He's a cutie!
November 5th, 2013, 06:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Love the pics! You both look awesome, my labour was not as pretty, that's for sure!
November 6th, 2013, 06:13 PM
estherm's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful pics!!

Thank you Jaidensmum!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search