December Chatty Thread

Forum: Loss of a Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Loss of a Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Drakesmommy's Avatar My rainbow Twins are here
Send a message via MSN to Drakesmommy
How is everyone doing today? I am doing well, not cramping as much anymore and sometimes not at all.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy.

December 9th, 2008, 01:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm doing kind of bad. AF is here, hard and heavy and extra crampy this month.

In other news we got all the girls' pressies bought besides stocking stuffers. And they are all wrapped and in the closet
December 9th, 2008, 09:59 PM
..Michelle..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If you read my other post at the moment I'm in a bit of a rage right now.
Also I'm mad at myself for mailing out a gift for someone and didn't have her right address so it got sent to another person instead.....now that I have her right address, I'm hoping the person will realize the package wasn't intended for him and send it back so I can re-send it to the right person.
Sheesh, Rachel I should have just asked for your address first instead of mailing it out. *slaps myself in the forehead* Why trust the white pages????????????????

EDT TO ASK...RACHEL, DOES YOUR DH HAVE A RELATIVE WITH THE SAME NAME WHO LIVES IN JACKSONVILLE? IF SO, THAT'S WHERE YOUR PACKAGE GOT MAILED TO. HE HAS THE SAME FIRST AND LAST NAME AS YOUR DH, BUT HAS THE MIDDLE INITIAL "O". IF HE GETS A PACKAGE WITH YOUR FIRST NAME ON IT AND HE IS YOUR DH'S RELATIVE IT'S FROM ME TO YOU AND YOUR DH.

December 10th, 2008, 05:48 AM
Quote:
If you read my other post at the moment I'm in a bit of a rage right now.
Also I'm mad at myself for mailing out a gift for someone and didn't have her right address so it got sent to another person instead.....now that I have her right address, I'm hoping the person will realize the package wasn't intended for him and send it back so I can re-send it to the right person.
Sheesh, Rachel I should have just asked for your address first instead of mailing it out. *slaps myself in the forehead* Why trust the white pages????????????????

EDT TO ASK...RACHEL, DOES YOUR DH HAVE A RELATIVE WITH THE SAME NAME WHO LIVES IN JACKSONVILLE? IF SO, THAT'S WHERE YOUR PACKAGE GOT MAILED TO. HE HAS THE SAME FIRST AND LAST NAME AS YOUR DH, BUT HAS THE MIDDLE INITIAL "O". IF HE GETS A PACKAGE WITH YOUR FIRST NAME ON IT AND HE IS YOUR DH'S RELATIVE IT'S FROM ME TO YOU AND YOUR DH.[/b]

Yeah Dh's family lives in Jacksonville but his dad's initals are KRM. Do you happen to remember what the address was that you sent it to, if you do pm me and I'll let you no for sure. I hope the person realizes it and sends it back if it wasn't their address.

December 10th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Awwww Michelle!!! I just got all your Yahoo Messages when I signed on this morning!! I didn't have it on all day yesterday! I'm so so sorry!!!

In other news I've gotten 25 Christmas Cards so far but I haven't received my SS gift yet from elsewhere and am starting to think it's lost
December 12th, 2008, 02:51 PM
I got all my cards out and sent out one lost package LoL!!

Still working on remodeling the house. Not much else going on. Getting more into the holiday spirit!

December 13th, 2008, 07:50 AM
Everything is going alright for us right now, I just wish my body would get back on track its so outta whack right now that I cry for no reason. I know it's only been just over a week but I feel the need to just move on(and I know that sounds bad but I feel I need to). We've got almost all of our Christmas done except for a couple friends left to buy for. I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

December 13th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Our puppy is home and things are going kind of nuts in the house right now.
December 13th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Mel,
You sooo have to make a video of Sirius Lane for us!!! I wanna see all that cute puppy action!! I miss having a little fur baby around the house, but my 4 big cats would make mince meat outta it!!

to all!

December 13th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
she's cute as heck but stiiiiiinks so bad LOL
December 13th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Why does she stink? Puppy farts? Could be her food....or she needs a bath LoL!!

Why does she have a "boy" name? Either way it's totally cool!

PS: I see VOLDEMORT!!!! AAAGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

December 13th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Nah Boston's are NOTORIOUS for their gas. No matter what kind of food they are on. Some they'll stink less then others but they are good farters lol.

We named her Sirius Black before we could tell if she was a boy or a girl 100%. She has a triangle on her head that Freja said was a Star like Sirius on Harry Potter
December 14th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Good morning ladies. We have all of our Christmas done except for one person (if we actually decide to get them something). We are leaving this coming Saturday (the 20th) to head to Jacksonville to spend Christmas with Dh's family then for New Years and mine( the 2nd) and Dh's (the 5th) birthdays we are planning on throwing a big get together and celebrating it all at once. We probably are not taking Max with us this time to Jacksonville (cause he is getting way to big for the car we have and plus that way we don't have to worry about bathing him to bring him back home. A friend of ours offered to take care of him while we are gone either at her house or just come to ours (which is probably what we will do cause they have 2 cats and Max will probably torture them lol). It's hard to believe that it's been almost 3 years since Drake has been gone Okay enough of my blabbering lol

December 14th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
*hugs*

We're done shopping besides Stocking stuffers. We're not doing any far off Travels. On the 19th DH gets his snip snip done in the am. He'll be flat on his back for the first 24 hours icing his balls. After 24 hours he'll be able to do things.

Christmas Eve we'll go to my grans and then to Church. Christmas day we'll open at our house and then at the cemetery and then go to my moms. Ext

Joe's off From the 19-26 and goes back to work 27
December 14th, 2008, 06:41 PM
LMMO for joes, snip snip, my hubby would FREAK!!! I'm a little tipsy rite now cuz a friend brought some of the alochol i can't resist. LoL other than that U GO GIRL!!! Get him sniped indstead of you!!!!! omg i can't spell riet now, im such a loserLoL but i know u JM gals love me no matter what LoL. I'm just going on and on................ugh, i just need to get laid. wow, thats the booze talking. ugh, im a loser!!!!

December 15th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL you aren't a loser at all!! I think it's funny as hell. Sometimes in our situation the best thing TO do is to get smashed imo!!!

I did request your poor me thread to be removed though. Don't be offended, I just don't want any nosy jerks peeking in and talking bad about you if they decide to reply to that thread
December 15th, 2008, 02:22 PM
thats fine. i never should be near a phone, computer or text anyone when i'm drinking! i was stupid last night and now i have "the next-day hangover." Ugh. I feel crappy!

December 15th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
*hugs* I think it was cute!! I got your message this morning on im and had a little laugh over it!

I mailed out your wee green baby! You'll get him in they said 2-3 days but I think since you are in IL it will be 2
December 15th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Super cool!! I'll be sure to let you know when he gets here. No more sitting on your shelf and looking sad! Yippie!!

December 22nd, 2008, 11:16 AM
Well last night was the first night of Hanukkah. I'm not Jewish but my step-dad is. For the last couple of years we've lit the menorah together, whether I was with him or over the phone. Mom & Dad live in West Virginia & Brad & I live in Illinois.
So last night I called dad and we lit the first day's candle. I'll give you a brief description of lighting of the menorah. There are nine candle holders on the menorah set up like this:

xxxxXxxxx
oooooo
oooo
oo

The Candles go where the "x's" are. On the first day, you put a candle on the far right spot and one in the middle (Where the capital X is). You light the middle candle and use that candle to light the first. On the following days of Hanukkah, you add more candles from Right to Left until all 8 days of Hanukkah are celebrated. So it would look like this on the 8th day:

iiiiIiiii
ooo

Where all of the candles are lit, from Right to Left alternating from either side of the Menorah. As you light the candles you say the prayer that celebrates the reason for the Holiday. I can't type it since it's in Hebrew and the phonetical spelling would take forever, it basically (very basically) means giving thanks for "The oil in the lamp lasting 8 nights for the Jews when it should have only lasted 1, praise be to G-d." (I type it that way because the Jews don't ever say the name of God, they use one of his other 72 names).

OK, that's my very basic remedial way of explaining Hanukkah. I love celebrating this with my step-dad since it's like a tradition of ours that no one else in the family has so it's very special to me.

to all!

~Michelle

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search