Headstones

Forum: Loss of a Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Loss of a Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope no one minds. If you buried your child or even cremated and have a plaque would you mind sharing with us all a photo of their headstone?

I'm just getting excited and anxious for Calypso's headstone which will be up this month sometime! But hopefully sooner rather then later.
March 15th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't mind sharing a photo of Isaac's headstone, but I don't have them saved on the laptop. Sorry. I'll come back to this post though and share.

Thank you, Jessica/dettmer26, for my new siggy!

March 16th, 2009, 04:46 AM
Drakesmommy's Avatar My rainbow Twins are here
Send a message via MSN to Drakesmommy
Here is Drake's headstone...

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy.

March 16th, 2009, 12:44 PM
BakingMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love Drake's headstone!

I don't believe anyone from here knows me (except maybe Claire and Melissa), but I've been lurking for a few days. Our son's stone should be in before Easter but we've been waiting and waiting...still not there. I've seen the sketches of what Calypso's should look like and it is going to be beautiful

Thanks to Mommy2Belle for my Roald blinkie!
March 16th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Sebastians_mom
It's been a year and we still don't have one, I feel bad about it, but it's just not something we can afford right now.
March 16th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Bonnie- Could you please tell us what Roald's stone will be like? Maybe his stone and Calypso's will go up at the same time!! That would be exciting!
March 16th, 2009, 05:32 PM
cam & sami's mom's Avatar Super Mommy
We don't have ours yet either. We have picked out the basic design. It will be a fairly large stone with DH, Cameron & my names all on it. Sam was jealous at first becuase Cam will get to be between mommy & daddy forever. I explained that Cam will always be a little boy and he will need us more. She will grow up, get married and have a family of her own. We bought her 4 spots next to ours in case she wants to use them. That seemed to pacifier her for now. I'm afraid we'll face it all again when the stone actually shows up.

Cameron (3-3-99 to 10-30-08)
Samantha (11-15-03)
+ 6 angels

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/cameronbrown

"You don't know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."

March 16th, 2009, 07:09 PM
I can understand about not being able to afford it; we were lucky enough to have a funeral home offer the baby cakset, servies for free and my parents paid the $150 for burial, and they also paid for our stone which cost $845.

Melissa---Roald's stone is gray granite, flush, about 20"x24" (but now there is another baby buried to the right of him and the baby to the left of him recently had their stone installed....I think they are going to have to put Roald's stone "back" farther than the other stones on the row for it to fit), and it is going to say his full name ROALD WALLACE LIGHTNER then his date NOV. 15, 2008 and at the bottom WE LOVE YOU. I wanted to have something else inscribed, but we would have had to get a larger stone and I didn't want to ask my parents to pay over $1,000. It is going to have a carved image of a precious Moments boy angel sitting on a cloud, too.

We weren't given a sketch but I did see your sketch and like I said it is going to look fantastic! And I just love the praying angel on the cliud on Drake's stone, it's so sweet.

March 16th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
It's been a year and we still don't have one, I feel bad about it, but it's just not something we can afford right now.
Headstones are crazy expensive. Even just the little ones are pricey. And if you want something that's standing and special it seems to be even more. Our total ended up being $2235

Bonnie! Roald's stone sounds Beautiful!! I love precious moments!! I can't wait to see his stone all installed! Please share pics when it's in!
March 17th, 2009, 05:53 AM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
I don't know what I am gonna do about a headstone. It is so expensive. I have yet to even look into it. Here is what i can show off though.

Last edited by Delekatala; March 20th, 2009 at 06:50 PM.
March 17th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ohhh Jenny. That's beautiful. The little stones are beautiful
March 17th, 2009, 09:23 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
here's jessicas garden

March 17th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Claire- I love Jessica's garden and her Beloved bear looks great!! I tried to get one but they refuse to ship to the USA lol
March 17th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Super Mommy
I know i don't post much but here's Maggie's stone. It only cost $500, luckily someone close to our family donated the money for it. We are very grateful.

Thanks to Quantum_Leap for my siggie

March 18th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
hugs very nice headstones. I can't wait to see how Calypso's headstone turns out. I am sure it will be pretty
March 18th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Jen!! Maggie's headstone is BEAUTIFUL!! I love it
March 22nd, 2009, 11:58 PM
..Michelle..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here is Roman's site. I painted the angel and at our last site visit I noticed the headstone is cracking and the paint is wearing off the angel. Hopefully one day we can afford a big stone with mine, DH's, and Roman's name on it as we all have our plots together. It will be me, then Ro, then DH.

It's not much, but it's all we could afford. I got the stone and angel off eBay for around 175 with shipping. The stones and flowers we added later.

March 24th, 2009, 07:05 PM
*MaLLoRy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Beautiful stones! I'll post pics of my son's tomorrow. They did set it 2 weeks ago and it was messed up so they re-did it now I'm anxiously awaiting them to set it tomorrow.
March 24th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by txangel87 View Post
Beautiful stones! I'll post pics of my son's tomorrow. They did set it 2 weeks ago and it was messed up so they re-did it now I'm anxiously awaiting them to set it tomorrow.
I'm sending up prayers and good thoughts that it gets set perfectly!
March 26th, 2009, 01:31 PM
I was just looking at the newer posts in this thread. They're making me cry.

They're also making me very impatient for Roald's stone; she told me when they are done they mail me pictures. Every day I eagerly open the mailbox after I've braced myself and everyday there is no packet from the memorial place

I'm glad our babies have such beautiful resting places, though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search