May Chit Chatty Thread

Forum: Loss of a Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Loss of a Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 15th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So it's 12:30 am and it's pouring rain out. I'm alternating between writing fanfiction and doing laundry. I HATE laundry
May 15th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
Awe I was wondering how long we could get the april one to go, LOL
May 15th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL I was too lazy to change it before now. It happens sometimes lol
May 15th, 2009, 11:42 PM
..Michelle..'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello my lovelies! Just checking in. I am still posting via phone, ugh! It's almost 2am here and I' watching Space Jam. I know it's old, but I haven't seen it in a while. I'm also STARVING, but nothing sounds good to munch on here. I actually crave Subway right now for some reason but, alas, they are closed. B@stards!
Big, Big 's to my girls!!

May 16th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
5:30 am here! Watching Numb3rs!
May 16th, 2009, 04:56 AM
8 am waiting for hospital food delivery.
May 16th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Poor Jenny and Lilli!! *hugs hugs and prayers*

Wanted to share this with you all
The school went with a new company this year for school photos and LOOK how her pic turned out!!
May 16th, 2009, 10:02 AM
AAGGHHH! Melissa, I love Freja's picture!! OMG, she's beautiful (of course)! After I couldn't fall asleep cuz I was so dang starving, I put a pizza in the pizza oven (timed of course) and I fell asleep while it was cooking So at least it didn't burn down the house (cuz of the auto shut off timer) or ruin the pizza. Brad got up around 4am to use the toitty and he saw it in there and put it in the fridge, what a sweetie!
TTYL gals!

Last edited by ..Michelle..; May 16th, 2009 at 10:04 AM.
May 16th, 2009, 02:01 PM
LMAO, Eddy did the same thing with a barbecue hot pocket. he left to go spend some time with his girls next door, and a half our later all I smell is barbecue. He comes back 3 hours later and says "Where is my hotpocket!" Well I ate the darned thing, what was he planning to come back and eat a brick of charcoal.
May 16th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey, Everyone! I'm jumping in late here. Sorry, I've been MIA for awhile. Hope you are all doing well.

Thank you, Jessica/dettmer26, for my new siggy!

May 17th, 2009, 01:53 AM
4:51am and I am NOT SLEEPING. Boy this is becoming an annoying trend. We are home now though, it is so good to be in my own bed. Those hospital chairs are terrible.

Debbie, the 3D ultrasound is so awesome!
May 17th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We just got back from the ER.

On Friday night right before bedtime Freja was roughhousing and fell on her arm. She cried, but it looked and felt alright didn't swell or discolor and dh said it was fine. He gave her an ice pack and she went to bed. All day yesterday she was favoring it but only cried sometimes when she hit it or touched it wrong, us just touching it and her using it didn't bother her at all. Wasn't swollen at all. I told DH we should take her to the hospital cause that was a hurt cry, but he said she probably just sprained it. Took her to MILs house her and FIL thought it was fine too.

This morning at 4:30 Freja woke up inconsolable. In tears and screaming. Her arm was getting very puffy. Off to the ER we go. It's broken. Has been broken since Friday night

They put her in a splint gave her pain meds and we have to call and get in to see the bone dr Dr Buchanan tomorrow. She walked around with a broken arm all yesterday and I had no INCREDIBLY clue!! Please say some prayers for her and for her appointment tomorrow. She's a bit scared of getting a cast

The good news I guess is that she isn't bothered at all by the splint. She even wanted me to take a picture and email it to my mil lol. She was very brave when 'they took pictures of her bones'

And here she is home, drugged, and splinted and the happier she is the more I kick myself and feel awful

Last edited by *~Lissa~*; May 17th, 2009 at 04:23 PM.
May 17th, 2009, 05:51 AM
Drakesmommy's Avatar My rainbow Twins are here
Send a message via MSN to Drakesmommy
Oh no Melissa. I hope Freja's arm heals quickly and doesn't cause her to many problems. I hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy.

May 17th, 2009, 09:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hugs, Jenny. I have sleep issues as well.... I remember how uncomfortable those chairs are in the NICU.... ugh. It's not a "restful" place to be either. I love seeing the 3D u/s photos. It's amazing how detailed they are!

Melissa - I'm sooooo sorry to hear about Freja's arm! Poor Sweetie. I hope she heals quickly and feels better soon.

Thank you, Jessica/dettmer26, for my new siggy!

May 17th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Melissa, I'm sure you're going neurotic over Freja and her arm. Better late than never, and if it wasn't swollen or anything I wouldn't have thought anything of it either. Don't be hard on yourself honey! Oh, and tell her they can make her cast any colour she wants and that people can write on it and she can keep it if she wants to, maybe she won't be so scared about it.

Jen, I'm on a weird sleep schedule myself. This morning I woke at 10 am, fell back asleep around noon, woke up at 2pm and am still up at 1am. Strange !

Deb - Love Nathan's 3-D picture! He is quite the handsome little man! With as detailed as it is, who do you think he looks more like? You or DH? I think he has Isaac's nose and Noah's mouth

Rachel - How have you been doing sweetie?? Hope all is going well with you and DH and Mr. Max!
Big 's to all!

Last edited by ..Michelle..; May 18th, 2009 at 01:35 AM.
May 18th, 2009, 01:31 AM
FACT OF THE DAY: 5/18/09

History of Dairy Queen:

For more than 60 years, the Dairy Queen system's recipe for success has been simple. It's been a combination of hard-working people who own and operate restaurants and great-tasting food and tempting treats served in our establishments.

The founders of the Dairy Queen system were men and women who introduced a new kind of dessert treat and, in the process, developed the foundation of the franchising industry. The history of the Dairy Queen system is a story of a unique product that created an industry.

Our phenomenal story began with a 10 cent sale of a then unnamed product on August 4, 1938, in Kankakee, Illinois. A father and son in the mix plant business in Green River, Illinois, had been experimenting with a soft frozen dairy product for some time. They contacted Sherb Noble, a good friend and customer, who agreed to run the "all you can eat" trial sale at his walk-in ice cream store. Within two hours, he dished out more than 1,600 servings of the new dessert.

Back then, food franchising was all but unheard of, but the new product's potential made it a natural for such a system. When the United States entered World War II in December 1941, there were less than 10 Dairy Queen stores. However shortly after the war, the system took off at a pace virtually unrivaled before or since. With only 100 stores in 1947, it grew to 1,446 in 1950 and then to 2,600 in 1955. Today, the Dairy Queen system is one of the largest fast food systems in the world with more than 5,900 restaurants in the United States, Canada and 20 foreign countries.

Although much has changed in the world and in the Dairy Queen system through the years, one constant has remained: Dairy Queen stores are still, and always have been, the place to find Little League teams celebrating a victory, business people on their lunch break and families taking time out to enjoy great food and soft serve treats. And, success for the Dairy Queen system is as simple today as it was in 1940. Satisfied customers lead to successful restaurants. Each owner of our independently owned and operated establishments worldwide are committed to nothing less than the slogan "We Treat You Right."

Over the years, Dairy Queen acquired Orange Julius® of America and Karmelkorn® Shoppes, Inc.

In January 1998, International Dairy Queen, Inc. and its subsidiary companies were purchased by Berkshire Hathaway Inc.

Highlights of the Dairy Queen system include:

1940: First Dairy Queen store opens in Joliet, Illinois.

1949: DQ introduces malts and shakes.

1951: Banana Splits appear on the menu.

1953: First DQ store opens in Canada.

1955: The Dilly® Bar debuts

1957: The Dairy Queen/Brazier® concept is introduced.

1958: The Dairy Queen/Brazier food products are introduced.

1961: The Mr. Misty slush treat cools throats in the warm South.

1962: International Dairy Queen, Inc. (IDQ) is formed.

1965: First national radio advertising sends DQ message 169 million times a week.

1966: First national TV commercial is aired, "Live a Little"

1968: The Buster Bar® bursts forth.

1970: Hot Fudge Brownie Delight™ debuts

1972: First DQ store opens in Japan and Dennis the Menace becomes the spokescharacter for DQ.

1973: Say the word Scrumpdillyishhus! and get a Peanut Buster Parfait for 49 cents.

1979: The DQ system debuts in the Middle East.

1980: We Treat You Right themeline is debuted.

1985: More than 175 million Blizzard Flavor Treats sold in its first year.

1989: Dairy Queen ranked America's number one treat chain.

1991: First DQ store opens in Mexico

1995: DQ Treatzza Pizza™ and the Chicken Strip Basket make their debut.

1998: Chocolate Rock® Treat is introduced systemwide

1999: Pecan Mudslide® Treat is introduced.

1999: An operator of several DQ locations in Massachusetts builds the world's largest blended treat weighing in at 5,316.6 pounds.

2000: The S'more Galore™ Parfait makes its debut.

2001: Crispy Chicken Salad is introduced.

2001: The first DQ Grill & Chill® restaurant opens in Chattanooga, Tenn.

2002: Mark Cuban, owner of the NBA Dallas Mavericks, becomes manager for the day of a DQ location in Texas.

2003: The Blizzard of the Month Program kicks off.

2004:The MooLatte® Beverage line debuts in Mocha, Vanilla and Caramel flavors.

2004: Award-winning Dairy Queen commercials can be seen throughout the country in the system's first full year of national advertising.

2005: GrillBurgers™ were introduced to consumers on national TV.

2005: The record is broken on June 21, when a new World's Largest Blizzard Treat was built in Springfield, Mass. It weighed 8,224.85 pounds and was 22-feet tall.

THIS HAS BEEN YOUR RANDOM USELESS FACT OF THE DAY! ENJOY IT AS YOU WISH!

May 18th, 2009, 01:32 AM
dbl post

Last edited by ..Michelle..; May 18th, 2009 at 01:36 AM.
May 18th, 2009, 04:27 AM
Drakesmommy's Avatar My rainbow Twins are here
Send a message via MSN to Drakesmommy
I've been doing good. Just been busy as ever my sister-in-law is down visiting til this weekend then we are spending the weekend in Jacksonville cause Dh has a 4 day weekend. Max is good being a pain as always lol.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my adorable siggy.

May 18th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Got taxes today!!!!

Here is my favorite 3d Ultrasound.

And here are my others

All of genevive, Lillian wouldn't show herself in 3d the little stinker!
May 18th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Rachel, good job at keeping busy....as long as you're not dead tired each night! My step sister is days away from popping out baby #4 so I've been keeping busy waiting on her to go into labour. I've kinda been staying away since she had some rude comments to me while Roman was in the NICU (very very very very very hurtful comments, I'll always hate her for that, but love her since she's family.......catch 22 know what I mean??) but I'll be there for her if she needs me during this baby's birth.

Jen - Wow, what awesome detail! When we were dealing with Roman's issues in the NICU, they said he could be there for 2 months to 2 years. How long do they expect Lillian to be a resident before she graduates to home? If that's too personal, feel free not to answer. But I love hearing about NICU progression! Unfortunately, our outlook wasn't as happy, thus joining this board last year, but I think you know what I mean. Poking my nosey into your family so cozy!

Melissa & Deb, hope you are having nice days lovelies!!

Big 's to all!

!

Last edited by ..Michelle..; May 18th, 2009 at 11:08 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search