Christmas 2010

Forum: Loss of a Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Loss of a Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2010, 03:08 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you planning on doing anything to commemorate your child this Christmas season?

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

November 23rd, 2010, 06:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I usually buy an Angel for Madison. I may buy two this year. One for Madison and one for my Mom who just passed away.
November 24th, 2010, 07:39 AM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
The pain of her death is so new and fresh, I don't know how I will even handle Christmas this year. I am reluctant to even celebrate, but I know I must go on and she would want me to enjoy the holiday, although she isn't here to experience it with us.

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com
November 27th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Brighteyed & Caffeinated
Send a message via MSN to mommy2olliebeans
Compassionate Friends has a worldwide candle lighting each year, a few weeks before Christmas. This will be my first year attending. Last year, the candle lighting was 3 weeks after Gracie passed, and I just wasn't ready to do it.

To commemorate her last year, I did buy an angel. I also bought a gift for a 3 year old girl whose angel I pulled off a tree at the mall. I will do that this year for a 4 year old and follow each Christmas buying a gift for a child in need who is the same age as my Gracie would be.

I can not return to Victoria General Hospital where she passed away, but I have been back our local hospital a few times and feel comfortable now going back to the pediatric floor. I will be making about 4 dozen Christmas cookies (different types) and bringing them to the nurses that looked after her during visits we had on the floor during her 3 years. We got to know our nurses quite well and they did so much for Gracie.
November 28th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Super Mommy
We always buy an ornament for Charlie for our tree..

Ms. Beth -- wife, doula and mama to angel Charlie, little miss Kate, and our peanut Maggie!

November 30th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
I am still putting her stocking up, and I Will light a candle for her. Other than that i am not sure, christmas, her birthday, and her death date are all one right after another, that 3 weeks is a doozy for me.
December 15th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have her stocking that we hang each year. We buy fresh cut flowers on Christmas Eve and put them in there that night.
December 16th, 2010, 12:56 AM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Zac is the only one of our kids with an ornament on the tree. I'd like to do something else for him but I'm not sure what.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

December 23rd, 2010, 12:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We do stuff every year. I made a donation to the NICU she was in this month in her memory. I'll be doing a donation right after Christmas to an OB ward in her memory also.

On Christmas Eve we'll go to the cemetery and light a 3 days vigil candle and leave in burning and leave her some toys on her grave. <3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search