how do you respond?

Forum: Loss of a Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MissingJoshua

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Loss of a Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How do you respond.

I often have people say to me wow mom of three you are really busy. Or how many kids do you have? I feel like I should say no I have 4 or something along that line but I dont want to make people uncomfortable all the time and I have learned in the past that when I mention 4 kids or mention Dante people ask more questions then get uncomfortable once they learn he is dead.

So what do you say when refering to how many children you have?

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!
March 30th, 2011, 12:00 AM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I tell the truth. I've come to the conclusion that if the mention of my son makes someone else uncomfortable, then that's on them. However I do pre-empt most questions to avoid them being asked.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

March 30th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hate that question. I usually say two. McKenzie had a identical twin sister Madison. she passed away at 5 months old due to her being born with a Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia and being born premature. I know it makes people uncomfortable but it also gets the word out about CDH.
March 30th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
It depends on how I am feeling, some days I will say 5, but not mention Genevive passed away. other days I will tell the truth.
March 31st, 2011, 10:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
For the most part I tell them I have two because, in my opinion, I do. If it's a random stranger that I'll never see again I just be as vague as possible without lying if they probe for details. If it's someone I'll know I'm going to get to know (like another wife from my husband's work) I'll tell them about Grace and explain the situation. I feel that because my husband and I are so open about our journey with our daughter more people are now educated about her condition and other neural tube defects as well.

If I were you, just answer how you feel comfortable. There is no right or wrong answer to this.
April 25th, 2011, 11:29 AM
MissingJoshua's Avatar Super Mommy
I was so proud of my son he will never be left out when someone ask how many kids i have....so when they ask I say "I have 3 ...one with wings and two with feet"
angelbabiesmama likes this.

Joshua mommy MISSES and LOVE you so much!!..Sunrise 2-22-05 Sunset 11-19-10...

Joshua's Youtube Video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uLE93S1tXc
May 3rd, 2011, 08:30 AM
Brighteyed & Caffeinated
Send a message via MSN to mommy2olliebeans
I always include my Gracie in my number of children. She was here with me for almost 3.5 years; she'll be in my heart and in my mind for the rest of my life.
November 12th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Veteran
Normally I saw three, the girl is 20, the boy is 19 and Baby would have been 18. Unless asked to clarify, I don't. Sometimes it's just easier to not have to explain everything, plus it still makes me cry. We lost Baby in 2010, he was 15 1/2 years old, I will not deny his existence but I don't like crying in front of everyone either.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search