For a friend

Forum: Loss of a Child

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By daisy616
  • 1 Post By bellasky

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Loss of a Child LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2011, 08:57 AM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
I didn't know where else to go to ask these questions and I hope I am not in any way insensitive, that is not my intention. I hope someone can answer this for me since I can't even begin to imagine what you ladies have been through and just want to do what I can for my friend.
I'll start from the beginning. I met my friend about 3 years ago on an autism site and we remain friends to this day. We are both a part of a very small group of autism mommies who have all grown very close. In July her son get E.Coli, which ended up growing into TTP then HUS and alot of other complications. By the end of July things were not looking good, he was on life support and dialisis, and every other type of support. He was having uncontrollable seizures, his kidneys were not functioning like they are supposed too, etc. The doctors were fearing the worst but then he started to slowly recover. About two weeks ago he started a slow bleed from the brain (which they thought was an after effect of all the seizures) and it just went down hill from there. A week and a half ago the doctors told the parents that there was nothing else they could do but keep their little 4 year old boy comfortable until he went to be with God.
I have been trying my best to be supportive, just be there to listen (read), but feel like there is more I could do. Today our group (which is all over the world) is going to release balloons to commemorate such a beautiful life that was taken too soon.
I am into digital scrapbooking and would like to make a beautiful page of her little boy but not sure if it would help or hurt (if you know what I mean)? If a friend made a page about your child would you be touched or would it create more pain? I can't physically be there for her but want to do something special for her.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
November 7th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it is a lovely idea. I love when people do things in honor of my daughter. She may see it and cry but she is going to cry either way. Do what your heart tells you too. Be their for your friend is the biggest gift. Laura Mom to McKenzie and Angel Madison
June 24th, 2012, 04:41 AM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
I think it is a wonderful idea.

June 24th, 2012, 07:04 AM
AlexKatieAiden Mommy's Avatar Linda
Thank you both for your replies! I did end up making her two pages using pictures from from when her son was really young up until he passed. She loved both of them and cherish's them. I'm glad that I made them and that its something that she will have.

check out my My Etsy Shop See My Blinkie Gallery & My Siggie Gallery & My BLOG
July 24th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When my son died I did find comfort in tributes others did for my son.

For any practical things you could do for them, I really appreciated gift cards to pizza hut, and Swiss Chalet people sent me. It helped so much during those days I just couldn't get motivated to cook or grocery shop. Especially since I had other children to care for it really helped since they delivered in our area.

Anything you do will be appreciated.

Thanks to Bokkechick for my wonderful Siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search