We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
1 1/2 cup warm water
1 1/8 teaspoon active dry yeast
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup bread flour
3 cups regular flour
2 cups Warm water
2 tablespoons baking soda
to taste coarse salt
4 tablespoons butter (melted)
Sprinkle yeast on lukewarm water in mixing bowl; stir to dissolve. Add sugar, salt and stir to dissolve; add flour and knead dough until smooth and elastic. Let rise at least 1/2 hour.
While dough is rising, prepare a baking soda water bath with 2 cups warm water and 2 Tbsp baking soda. Be certain to stir often. After dough has risen, pinch off bits of dough and roll into a long rope* (about 1/2 inch or less thick) and shape. Dip pretzel in soda solution and place on greased baking sheet. Allow pretzels to rise again. Bake in 450 oven for about 10 minutes or until golden. Brush with melted butter and enjoy!
Toppings: after you brush with butter try sprinkling with coarse salt. or for Auntie Anne's famous Cinnamon Sugar, try melting a stick of butter in a shallow bowl (big enough to fit the entire pretzel) and in another shallow bowl make a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. Dip the pretzel into the butter, coating both sides generously. Then dip again into the cinnamon mixture. Enjoy!
* The longer and thinner you can make the dough rope, the more like Auntie Anne's they will be. (Of course I don't have the counter space!)
*Sweet butter, not regular butter, is one of her secrets!
3 pounds extra lean ground beef
1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt
3 small onion, diced
1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
2-1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
1/4 cup and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup milk
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1-1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Place the beef into a mixing bowl, and season with salt, onion, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, oregano and Worcestershire sauce; mix well. Add the milk, Parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs. Mix until evenly blended, then form into 1 1/2-inch meatballs, and place onto a baking sheet.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, 20 to 25 minutes.
Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip
1 (8 oz.) pkg Cream Cheese
1 can (14 oz.) Artichoke Hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup Spinach frozen chopped, or steamed
1/4 cup Mayonnaise (do not use Miracle Whip)
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup Romano Cheese (You can use all Parmesan)
1 clove garlic, finely minced
1/2 teaspoon dried Basil
1 tablespoon Basil Fresh
1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese grated
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Salt
Salt and Pepper to taste
Allow cream cheese to come to room temperature. Cream together mayonnaise, Parmesan, Romano cheese, garlic, basil, and garlic salt. Mix well. Add the artichoke hearts and spinach (careful to drain this well), and mix until blended. Store in a container until you are ready to use. Spray pie pan with Pam, pour in dip, and top with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until the top is browned. Serve with toasted bread.
Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips
2 kiwis, peeled and diced
2 Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced
8 ounces raspberries
1 pound strawberries
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor
10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
butter flavored cooking spray
2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
1. In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, Golden Delicious apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
3. Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.
Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture
1 package (16 oz. size) Mozzarella Cheese
2 Eggs Beaten
1/4 cup Water
1 1/2 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Salt
1 teaspoon Italian Seasonings
2/3 cup Flour
1/3 cup Corn Starch
If your cheese is in a brick, slice it thick, and cut the cheese cross-ways to make triangles.
Beat the eggs with water and set aside. Mix the bread crumbs, garlic salt, and Italian seasonings and set aside. Blend the flour with corn starch and set aside.
Heat your vegetable oil for deep frying to 360 degrees F. Dip cheese in flour then in egg wash and then coat with bread crumbs. Place carefully in hot oil and fry until golden, this takes just a few seconds so watch carefully. When golden remove from hot oil and drain.
Serve with your favorite Italian spaghetti sauce and enjoy.
1 Prepared Onion
2 1/2 cups Flour
2 teaspoons McCormick Seasoned Salt
1/2 teaspoon Coarsely Ground Pepper
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 cup Butter Milk
1/2 cup Sour Cream
2 tablespoons Catsup
1/2 teaspoon McCormick Seasoned Salt
1/8 teaspoon Red Pepper
1 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Horseradish
1/4 teaspoon Paprika.
Mix all dry ingredients together. Onion may be sliced like a blossom by cutting the top 1/4 off, the top has the stem. Then peel and be very careful to leave the root intact. Carefully slice from the top of the onion down but stop about 1/2" before you get to the root, taking care not to cut through the root. Slice the rest of the onion like a pie into many servings.
When complete soak onion in cold ice water for 1/2 hr. so the onion's petals will start to open up and bloom. Drain onion and dip in flour mixture and dust well. Dip onion then in buttermilk and back in flour mixture. Place in hot oil and fry until golden. Oil should cover onion.
When done drain well and place on plate and cut center out of onion so the petals may easily be removed.
Mix all together and serve in the middle of the onion blossom. Garnish with paprika and just a dash of red pepper.
Beer Cheese Dip
ฝ (8 ounce) package cream cheese, diced and softened
2 (8 ounce) package processed cheese, cubed
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup beer, room temperature
1. In a food processor, blend the cream cheese, processed cheese, garlic powder and room temperature beer. Refrigerate until serving.
2. Heat till melted and serve.
32 Hillshire Farmฎ Lit'l Smokiesฎ
1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dough rolls
Mustard or ketchup, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Unroll dough, separate at perforations, creating 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal.
3. With a knife or pizza cutter cut each rectangle lengthwise into 8 strips making a total of 32 strips. Wrap one strip of dough around each Lit'l Smokiesฎ stretching dough slightly to look like bandages, leaving tip exposed to create face. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Draw features on tip of Lit'l Smokiesฎ to create face. Serve with mustard or ketchup, if desired.