Hospitals...

Forum: Due Date Club of June 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of June 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2013, 06:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone out there having a hard time deciding which hospital to go to? I just moved here in april. The closest hospital is ok, but I you need surgery just avoid it, although the emergency center is good! Then there are two other hospitals and of the reviews Ive read, they make me nervous! No idea which one tp choose. The hospital closest, has also had issues with patients getting staph infections after surg ( mostly elderly, but thats awful. The maternity ward liiks very nice and Om nit sure about the other two... anyone else dealing with this?
October 2nd, 2013, 06:30 AM
Caitlin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Me! We moved about an hour away from my hometown when we got married. I am debating whether to get a new doc out here or keep my old OB and make the drive.
October 2nd, 2013, 06:40 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
We have all excellent hospitals here, however I am having issues with which one to go to only because I don't want to have to drive longer to go to the hospital that I normally deliver at. Its probably going to be unavoidable, there is a hospital about 15 mins away from us with a really nice new maternity ward, then the one I normally go to is about 25mins away. So far its shaping up to be not such a big deal. I am just looking at if I go into labor spontaneously what are the better options...
October 2nd, 2013, 07:06 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
I was GOING to have an issue deciding on hospitals if I stayed in NYC.
But I'm moving to a much smaller city, and they have a FANTASTIC women's center. My sister delivered there, and I attended.. and it was such a wonderful experience for her. She had a preemie, and ended up needing the NICU (they have a level II) and the staff was amazing. I'm actually super excited to deliver there, and to use the midwife/OB practice she did.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
October 2nd, 2013, 09:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You sound like you hace some great options/ideas. I may just make rhe drive to San jose, which is 3 hours away... but it may be worth it... but then I have our two bots so.... Idk. Two of the hospitals have NICU's... one review said that the labor/delivery rooms were disgustingly dirty, the other has issues with the financial dept and the drs. I will probably have to go see for myself soon, because if I have to make a three hour drive, I will. ( I have family and friends that live close and Im sure my MIL would take the boys if I needed her to. I have friends that would too just so they would be close but I dont want to put that on them.) Just dk yet...
October 2nd, 2013, 09:24 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The hospital that is affiliated with the local office I go to is an hour away and it made for the worst car ride ever when I was in labor with my son. I'm torn because I really like the people at my local office. The place is also like 5 minutes from my house. It made prenatal appointments pleasant with the convenient location and friendly faces but I'm not 100% sold on my experience at the hospital itself.

There is another hospital that is about 30 minutes away but all appointments would also be the same 30 minutes away. I'm thinking of checking it out just for options but I've never met anyone that had any experiences there. I might have to start picking mommy brains at my son's playgroup.

_______
October 2nd, 2013, 09:46 AM
Veteran
The hospital I want to go to is about 25 mins w/o traffic, but unless it's a weekend, it's a safe bet there will B traffic (pushing the trip to about 45 mins to an hour). Last pregnancy, I lucked up & delivered early Sunday morning (almost on the side of the road). I will really have to do some research on this and probably a bit of traveling to/from appointments/hospital visits.
October 2nd, 2013, 06:03 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
When I had DD, my hospital was almost an hour away from my house -- but I really liked my doctor and so that's where I wanted to deliver.

This time around, I have a new doctor and the choice of two new hospitals and neither one is what I would consider close (although one is probably only a half hour away). I keep toying with the idea of finding a new doc and a closer hospital but I know that I just won't do the research and thus, I'll be stuck. At least the 30 minute away hospital is brand new, so the rooms should be nice there.
October 3rd, 2013, 07:56 AM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
I would suggest taking some tours! I do not go to the local hospital, I travel 30 miles (nearly an hour drive with traffic) to see a doctor at a hospital that I feel comfortable and well care for.
October 3rd, 2013, 08:03 AM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
I'll probably deliver at the same hospital I had my 2 youngest. It's strictly a women's hospital and has a Level III NICU. There are really only 2 downsides, one being that it's a good hour away in regular traffic (possibly much longer in rush hour) and the other being I hate it. Haha. After spending 6 weeks there with a baby in the NICU I learned way too much.

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w4d

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search