What is the biggest to do/ item to buy before your baby arrives?

Forum: Due Date Club of June 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Demetria

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of June 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2013, 02:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We all, are going to need baby basics, basinet, bottles diapers, the like, but what is the biggest priority on your list?

For me the largest purchase I need to make is a new (used) SUV... I have a nissan versa hatchback and it works for two but definitely need something bigger for 3!
October 2nd, 2013, 02:28 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Buy a house!! We are looking at houses now and its already stressing me out. lol. We were looking at getting a mini van for more space, I have a Nissan Pathfinder and DH has a Jeep Wrangler man-toy lol but I refuse to trade in my SUV for a mini van if he gets to keep his man toy.
mrsdaiwa24 likes this.
October 2nd, 2013, 02:32 PM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll have to think about it. We could really use a bigger car, especially if there is going to be 4 of us, but we could survive with the older Rav4 we have.

I think the biggest series of purchases will be the supplies for the remodeling of the bedroom we have yet to spruce up. I'm sure we will be using it either as a bedroom or a playroom and right now it is being used for storage.

_______
October 2nd, 2013, 03:14 PM
Veteran
Move.
October 2nd, 2013, 03:58 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
We also need a bigger vehicle! As far as regular baby stuff goes we don't use a lot of it (crib, swing, bottles, stroller, various gadgets) so we won't buy that, and we still have a lot of clothes and a car seat and an Ergo and sling. I think really we will just need some new cloth diapers and a bouncy seat.

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w4d
October 2nd, 2013, 04:29 PM
we need a bigger vehicle as well, but I think my biggest priority is more cloth diapers. I want to buy 3 a month so I will have enough for both babies once the new one arrives.
October 2nd, 2013, 04:35 PM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
Move and buy a house! We are moving in just a few weeks. We will be renting a place in the beginning, as we don't have time to buy before getting there. But, we most definitely want a house before the baby comes.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
October 2nd, 2013, 05:17 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Move! Even before baby was conceived, we were on schedule to finish up some home projects and put the house up for sale in March. We're in a small 2 bedroom townhouse and are in desperate need of more space -- but the market is still so awful around here that I don't know if we're going to be able to sell this place.
October 2nd, 2013, 05:20 PM
Looks like we're all moving

October 2nd, 2013, 06:02 PM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are looking to build a home but not until end of summer. So before that we have to buy all baby supplies over because we totally thought we were done. I have my eye on a nice stroller and wonderful car seat.

October 2nd, 2013, 07:07 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
We have only 4 bedrooms in our house, and now we're about to have 4 kids...we have a finished basement with a kitchen and a bathroom, so we're going to move my 14 year old down there. We're buying him a brand new adult bedroom set since he is moving down there, and we need to build a walk out down there so he can get out in case of fire. That's all the big cost. If the baby is a girl then all we need is a crib. We have literally everything else. If this one is a boy...we need CLOTHES!!!!
October 3rd, 2013, 03:30 AM
Baby wise, I need it ALL. Since it's my first. But baby showers are pretty common in my circle of close friends, we typically throw them for others. So I'm sure I'll have one, which will help

October 3rd, 2013, 04:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ally- baby showers are amazing, esp if you create a registry. We also had a diaper raffle! Whoever brought diapers got a ticket, and a chance to win a 100 gift card. I had at least one large bag for eveey stage up until he was a year! I got sooo many diapers totally helped.

It does sound like everyones moving!!! We just moved in with my mom april 1st. The house is large on 10 acres. She needed the help, esp with my grandpa, who lives here also ( her health is declining, she has some issues, and it was becoming unsafe for them to live "alone", so its nice to be here to help) I hope every one is able to sell their houses!!!!
October 3rd, 2013, 05:09 AM
For baby: If it's a boy, all clothes. If it's a girl, we are fine for clothes as this one is the same season as my youngest (they'll be 12 months apart). We'll need to buy another cot and car seat and that's pretty much it.

Other stuff: We need to move house. Our house has been up for sale for 4 months. We have no room for 10 kids.
October 3rd, 2013, 05:37 AM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
I will need another crib since my son is still using his and it converts into a toddler bed and full size bed down the road. As far as stroller, car seat, pack-n-play we bought things that could be used for either gender (not really gender neutral, necessarily just colors we were comfortable with either way) Beyond that, only girl clothes if I am having a girl. I use cloth diapers, so I will want some girly covers but otherwise I am set.
October 3rd, 2013, 12:06 PM
Veteran
Since this is our first we will need EVERYTHING!!!!! We moved into a new house a year ago so the guest bedroom will easily convert into baby's room. We will just have to jazz it up with some special baby items and probably some wall decals! I actually can't wait to start shopping for baby gear!!! I have to admit that I have already eyed up a crib, a car seat and a stroller that I would love!!! Just don't tell DH!!

October 3rd, 2013, 12:19 PM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
All things? Luckily I can get a good amount of baby stuff from my sister and my boss has a bunch of bigger stuff from her daughter that she said I can have.

I drive a little echo and the bf drives an older accord. He was hoping to buy a new car this summer so we'll see. Our living arrangement is about to turn upside down though. Our original plan was my lease was ending end of nov. I was going to move in with bf into the basement apt his mom was remodeling/renting, and we were gonna stay there for a few months until he graduated college/found a job. She will probably be pretty pissed that this is happening, so come time for my lease to end, we'll probably have to get an apt somewhere in the city and go from there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search