Twins?

Forum: Due Date Club of June 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By christyjas
  • 1 Post By mrsdaiwa24
  • 1 Post By Justjessie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of June 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2013, 08:09 AM
I am just 4 weeks today. I tested positive at 3 weeks. A bit early I know. I have been pregnant with twins before (miscarriage.) I am soooooo bloated and laying down flat my tummy is still sticking up higher than it was. It used to "sink in" and now it is a bit puffier than my hip bones. My uterus feels "different."

I know there is no way to know until my blood is drawn or I am past 6 weeks and can have an ultrasound...but It's been on my mind.

I wouldn't be upset by it.

Anyone else having these symptoms?
October 11th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
I got my DARK BFP 9dpo and twins run in my family (literally many many of them) so I wouldn't be surprised. My grandpa even told me before he passed that I would have twin boys eventually. Lol. I would be excited, but NERVOUS. Hah.

October 11th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Yeah, Faternal twins run in my family as well. Don't you wish the positive test said gender and number of babies as well
Britt3 likes this.
October 11th, 2013, 10:34 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Twins don't run in my family, but I tested dark pretty early. I don't feel any more bloated than normal for pregnancy for me, but my symptoms are out of control and I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow. I am nauseated like crazy, gagging, major food aversions, can't keep my eyes open, etc. They have seemed to hit so much harder much earlier than my other 4, including my last pregnancy with my DD in which I was sick and throwing up literally until the day before I delivered her. I wonder if it could be a sign of twins, Lord help. Haha!!! Plus, DH just randomly said "What if this is twins?" the other day. He's never said anything like that before with other pregnancies. Guess we'll all find out soon! I hope we have a couple of twin mommies!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

Last edited by RunningMommyTo5; October 11th, 2013 at 12:42 PM.
October 11th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That would be very exciting! With my two others I tested positive about one day after three weeks, but it was light, they were singles. Not sure about this one, I doubt it, but it would be exciting. I cant wait until you find out!!!!

October 11th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
I tested positive, though barely, at 9dpo, and for sure at 11dpo. Other than that, I don't have any symptoms. But I hope I am as well. My only "risk factors" are advanced maternal age, and it being my 5th pregnancy.
Kyron, Porter, Donovan, Jocelyn, & expecting #5

October 11th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyBird View Post
My only "risk factors" are advanced maternal age...
October 11th, 2013, 04:41 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
As I'm 38.5, I was a bit worried that I could be carrying twins, as the chance of them naturally occurring increases the older you get. You can imagine my relief when I had an u/s this week and there was only one baby on the screen!
3maybe likes this.
October 11th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Super Mommy
I am early in this pregnancy and already have a super dark positive! But, with my last pregnancies before I miscarried I got dark positives early pregnancies and it was just one baby! Ha I am not sure if twins run in the family or not...but I guess it all depends.

<3 I have suffered 4 early M/C's since 2012. I am missing my 4 angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~

<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3
October 12th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I'm AMA and this is my 5th pregnancy...but that's the only concern I have.

I tested + at 8 DPO and my HCG numbers are high, but they were last time and she was only one =)

SOMEONE will end up with two...I can't wait to see who!!!
RunningMommyTo5 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search