July Due Date?!?!?!

Forum: Due Date Club of June 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By epsilonbeta
  • 2 Post By chrysalis1
  • 2 Post By rabbitranch

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of June 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2013, 10:48 PM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
Had my Prenatal intake today, and I was NOT impressed with the nurse. I have not had a period since July 30 and I explain this. I also explain that I had a negative blood test Sept 26. I explain my husband and I baby danced right around this time and I had had a positive OPK on Sept 25. She said that must be wrong because the blood test for HCG can show positive the day after insemination >_< Uhm, no...how about the day after implantation??? So she said she would set my last cycle to Sept. 26 to estimate a due date of July 4. She kept saying I'm the earliest she's ever seen catch a pregnancy and I shouldn't have even been allowed an appointment yet. Based upon my OPK I am more like June 14. My HPT was no squinter but dark dark lines on the three different brands I used. Also I had 282 mg HCG in my blood as of Tuesday. I asked if we could look at getting a more precise dating and she said I would just have to wait to talk to my doctor on November 4. She also said she didn't know why my doctor would even run a blood HCG if I hadn't been pregnant. I kept telling her PCOS, PCOS, PCOS, I have a complication in getting pregnant called PCOS and she just said that unless I'm bleeding I have no reason to ask my doctor about betas.

On top of the they ran a bunch of lab tests and my urine samples came back positive for a UTI and borderline anemic. But I'm not supposed to officially have the results read to me until November 4??? I've been feeling weird abdominal stuff but I've just assumed that's the pregnancy.

I'm annoyed. Good thing is she's just the initial nurse and I won't have to deal with her again necessarily.

I POAS a stick when I got home again though just so I could smile at how quickly it went BFP again

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
October 12th, 2013, 02:39 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not a medical professional but the woman sounds incompetent. I wonder if she was new or borrowed from another department?

Sorry you had a rough appointment.

October 12th, 2013, 05:38 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Sorry you had such a lousy nurse. I've found that my prenatal care this time around has been super confusing and I keep getting different versions of information. Hello -- shouldn't you people know what to say?????

Keep POASing and seeing those beautiful lines! Nov. 4th will come soon and you'll get a more definitive answer.
October 12th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay I understand what she did. She set your last CYCLE to sept 26, menstruel cycle, NOT ovulation. You ovulated Sept 25, She should have set your ovulation date to sept 25, thats why its giving you a date of july 4. She should have counted from the 26 basically. My dr this time actually got it spot on, since I track my period, I know my fertile days, ovulation, ect. (an ap) Basically what it comes down to is, if you did the opk, and got positive hcg on sept 26, you have a better idea of when you got pregnant than any arrogant nurse will. I would wait to talk to your dr, but I counted from sept 26 and exactly 38 weeks is June 12, so june 14 would be correct. So I would say your DD could land between June 12-26, you COULD potentially hit early July, if you carry 40 and 1/2 + weeks- which its not uncommon for 1st babies to come at 41w, but either way July 4 for your dd (at 38w) is NOT correct and she should probably take a class regaurding ovulation and hcg testing, if not she should really turn in that LVN, NP, or RN badge... idiot. Sorry about your first apt!!!! Im a stickler for dates too.

October 12th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
actually I take that back, I think they got my dd wrong too, I just recounted mine and today Im actually 6 weeks, got preg sept 7, hmm or maybe I counted wrong, but I thought it was wrong at my apt. eh theyll figure it out at the ultrasound.

wait counting from sept 7, I guess Im actually 5... that cant be right? Or maybe it is. uggg now IM confused LOL

October 12th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Yeah I know exactly how she got the July 4 but it just felt like she kept trying to tell me I was wrong about my body. The Sept 26 blood was Negative. Oct 6 I got a positive HPT and Oct 8 a positive blood test. She told me I must have had my ovulation wrong because if I ovulated the day before the first blood test it would have been positive. The the thing is I KNOW we didn't get pregnant after that because my husband was sick and there was zero BD going on the two weeks after that.

I know it was definitely her regular dept because she had her full hello kitty office with pictures of her and her family. She seemed really busy and kept stepping out to have side conversations about some change in coverage for patients from one area. So it was like every time she came back she had forgotten everything I said

Too bad there's not a POAS that states exact due dates

Thanks ladies

Adopted mom to DS (16)
October 12th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
She sounds like my OB. I ovulated on CD 12 and tested +++ on 8 DPO. (If you are an idiot and assume I ovulate on day 14 then this would have been 6 DPO.) My OB called me "incredulous" and did a blood test to prove me wrong. He said IF I was even pregnant I'd be about 8 weeks because clearly I got pregnant the month before. No one tests positive even at 8 DPO (derp dee derp...I got a + at 9 DPO with my previous kid...)

Beta HCG came back between 25-55 (I don't know exactly but he won't call you pregnant until you are 25 and the next day I was 55) and he had to admit defeat. WHoop! I have a menstrual cycle, dude, YOU do not.

How can they work with people who are carrying the most precious cargo of all?
October 12th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Wow Jessie! Don't they know how low the percentages of false positives are?

It's amazing how rude some of them can be! Back in July my new OB (my Kaiser seems to rotate out people way too often...) informed me I would never get pregnant on my own (after only 7 months off BP and 4 months actively trying). I kind of want to go back and show her my collection of sticks
mrsdaiwa24 likes this.

Adopted mom to DS (16)
October 12th, 2013, 11:23 AM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
This is so ridiculous! The amount of misconceptions out there are appalling!!! Like even nurses sometimes literally have no idea about pregnancy dating... "the blood test for HCG can show positive the day after insemination" WHAT lol?? So she thought that the day you conceive it should show positive? And then why would she set the LMP to the day you had a positive opk instead of two weeks BEFORE.... UGH... lol... it must be so frustrating because you already have everything figured out and are trying to help her understand.

Scenarios like this are why I just gave the nurse and dr the date that is two weeks before the date I know I conceived for my LMP. It's a shame that I dont trust them enough to be competent and figure it out that I O'ed late!!
rabbitranch and epsilonbeta like this.
"Mild" pcos, blessed with BFP on cycle #4 ttc
Baby Braden 5/25/2014He's finally here!

]
October 12th, 2013, 12:04 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
See, if I felt pretty sure of the day I ovulated I would just count back 14 days and tell them that was the day my last period started. If they needed to change dates later they could but it would give a lot less confusing starting point. Sorry you had to deal with a nutcase.
chrysalis1 and epsilonbeta like this.

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
October 12th, 2013, 06:29 PM
I just figured the doctors and nurses are the experts but now I'm realizing otherwise. For future babies I'll have to do like you ladies recommend and just give a false date.

Adopted mom to DS (16)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search