Appointment update...need skilled eyes for help!!!

Forum: Due Date Club of June 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By Demetria
  • 2 Post By AtomicMama
  • 1 Post By TiggersMommy
  • 2 Post By Justjessie
  • 1 Post By SarahSmile
  • 1 Post By Demetria

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of June 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
Rule #1 If you go to a "family planning center" they don't let DH in, nor do they tell you ANYTHING. It's a 30 second event, they get you in and they get you OUT.

They are allowed to tell me that it has a heartbeat, and that it measures at 7 weeks 4 days (RIGHT ON BY MY CALCULATIONS, NOT THE OB's). They focused on the middle of the screen. I was most interested in what was going on to the left of the screen...anyone else see the huge black sac-y looking thing???????

Bladder? I thought so...then remembered I peed right before the thing.

I am not convinced one bit that there is only one...now I actually think maybe there *IS* two. And if you don't move the friggin wand over, Baby #2 would be unseen.

5th pregnancy...no other ultrasounds look like this one.

I can't call my OB and say "I want to know if I'm having twins so I went to an abortion clinic and they found a baby, measured it, and BOOM I was outta there and they wouldn't say another word...but maybe there is more than one? Will you get me in for an ultrasound?"

So...now we wait. And I go back in for a REAL ultrasound (and really hope there is only one because I totally don't know what I'd do with two but now I'm super concerned) two weeks from Tuesday.

Gonna try and post the pic here...if I can't I'll work on getting it up in the ultrasound pic place. If anyone knows anything about ultrasounds, I'd love opinions.

OK can't get it up here. Anyone know how to post a pic?
October 24th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Upload it to photo bucket!! I am soooo curious too see!
Britt3 likes this.
October 24th, 2013, 04:36 PM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
I'm curious too!!
October 24th, 2013, 04:38 PM
October 24th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Wow, that does look like another sac!!
October 24th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Ummm. That looks like two sacs!!!!!!!
October 24th, 2013, 05:52 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Whoa! It does look like another sac to me too, but then again it could also be your bladder, even if you just went. Our bodies make urine pretty much constantly. Maybe it could have been a little bit in there? No idea, but I would be suspicious!

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
October 25th, 2013, 05:42 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
I dunno. I had a full bladder and an abdominal sonogram and my bladder was on the other side of the picture. It does look like another sac to me.

October 25th, 2013, 05:51 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I'm amazed that they didn't even take a peek over there. CRAZY. I still say it's new doctor time. Seriously! My midwife's practice offered to let me come in for an u/s just because I have an irrational fear that this pregnancy is ectopic (with 0 symptoms), just to reassure me. I declined, because I know I'm being crazy, but your doctor should be willing to do whatever he can to help you feel comfortable and stress free. Plus, it's more money for him
mrsdaiwa24 and moxiemommie like this.

October 25th, 2013, 10:28 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
At first glance, I thought "meh, could be lots of things" then I googled 7 week twin pregnancy ultrasound ... yeah, I'd be thinking the same as you. Call your doctor, tell them you paid a clinic to do an u/s (you don't have to say it was an "abortion" clinic) and that you think you saw 2 sacs. Then ask if they'd like to see you earlier. If not then that's a good thing! It means they have no reason to think there's anything wrong.
moxiemommie likes this.

October 25th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree. I dont know much abouttwins, but that ultrasound looks.. not quite right- I mean it looks way different than any of my singletons. Its not super clear, but it could be two sacs. I cant believe they didnt double check! Can you find an different dr, or are you hesitant since he is supposed to be great in high risk pregnancies?

October 25th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar omg shoes
Ooooh! The suspense! My vote is for twins too!!

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi and Brigham.
Excited for Elliott Tesla in June 2014!

October 25th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
I vote twins as well.... GOOD LUCK! I would also call the doctor and tell them you paid for an ultrasound elsewhere and saw two sacks and that you want to be sure. Like others have said, they should take your concern to heart, and if not, I'd be searching for a new doctor too. KUP!!!!!

October 25th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Faith=2xBlessed's Avatar PrettyCrispy Scrunchy Mom
Lurking...I'm pregnant with twins fraternal twins which by the looks of that looks like two sacs! I would definitely mention it to dr! Good luck

Layla Marie & Savannah Rose born on December 19th 2013

Relactating mama since march 13th 2014..don't ever stop something you
October 26th, 2013, 08:53 AM
peace.love.audrey's Avatar Twins? Pinch me!
I'm pregnant with fraternal twins also and I would say that's 2 sacs.That's not normally where your bladder would be. I had an early ultrasound at Planned Parenthood once for confirmation of pregnancy because I had no insurance for a minute and learned that it is not their job to tell you how many nor do they care to look around...the ultrasound is simply to determine you are pregnant and they did. Also, my friend works there and told me another reason they don't look too much or tell you details is because if you're actually there for an abortion, they don't want you to change your mind because of the ultrasound information.

With all that said, I would call and ask for a confirmation ultrasound. Can't hurt to try.

8.27.10 1.30.11 3.18.13
http://donatelife.net

Don't believe in God? You're not alone!
October 26th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Regular
I think it's your bladder.
October 26th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Thanks everyone =) Someone I know knows someone who is a u/s tech and she said it was just my bladder. I will feel MUCH better once I talk to my regular OB (an *** but thorough and when I get my u/s in two weeks I will know everything...he does the u/s HIMSELF).

IF it was twins I would stay with the ******* because he is a high risk OB, and at THAT point I'd be high risk and he'd actually start listening to me. I have had three uneventful pregnancies and one missed m/c so he figured 75% of the time I'm good...and thinks I over react and know too much.

I do...but I think that's a good thing =)

I appreciate the twin moms popping in here! I would love to see your u/s pics!!!
Demetria and moxiemommie like this.
October 27th, 2013, 07:06 AM
SarahSmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey dont worry... It's just your bladder!! I am an u/s tech and I am 100% positive
epsilonbeta likes this.

October 27th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Glad you got some answers from your friend Angela! At least your next ultrasound will be quicker than the one you just got and 2 weeks is not that far away!
epsilonbeta likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search