November Random Chat thread

Forum: Due Date Club of June 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree66Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of June 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
I found the 4H FB page for our county/city! Really excited as DH was a apart of his 4H in his small little town!

My highlights this month is the NT scan, finally announcing to the rest of my family and friends on FB, getting OUT of the 1st Trimester, starting my christmas shopping on this Friday!! Wooo hoooo!
rabbitranch and moxiemommie like this.
November 10th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so excited I think I am going to decorate today
Demetria likes this.
November 10th, 2013, 08:58 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
I can't decorate until after Thanksgiving, it just doesn't seem right

I can't wait to do it, though! I finally have a house instead of an apartment, I can't wait to decorate it all up for the holidays.
jjustice12 likes this.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
November 10th, 2013, 09:35 AM
jjustice12's Avatar Super Mommy
Well i just ate a piece of candy an chips for breakfast lol.
I'm still back an forth on "should i tell people" idk.

DS-Jesus (a.k.a J)-14yrs
DD-Heaven-12yrs
DD-Justice-8yrs
DD-Hope-4yrs
-8/2000 -9/2000 -7/25/2013
November 10th, 2013, 09:51 AM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I actually ate a healthy breakfast this morning. Strawberry Greek yogurt and a red delicious apple with fat free caramel dip.. ok, not perfect but still good! Now, I can't stop eating.... I feel hungry constantly today. Also want to ask DH to pick me up food while he is in the 'city'. ( we live in a rural farming community where we have a subway, that's it.) But, he's mad at me so I don't want to burden him... I may have been a bit moody with him this morning.... *sigh*
Demetria and moxiemommie like this.
November 10th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyTales View Post
I can't decorate until after Thanksgiving, it just doesn't seem right

I can't wait to do it, though! I finally have a house instead of an apartment, I can't wait to decorate it all up for the holidays.
Normally I won't either but since we are leaving for out of town for thanksgiving I want it done when we get home. When we get back there will be tons of laundry, the girls birthday gifts and then Christmas presents from my husbands family. Also with just buying a house I know I need more decorations to fill it up but I don't want buy until I know what I need
moxiemommie likes this.
November 10th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Did I say yet, how much I HATE the 1st Trimester??? If I didn't let me say it now, I hate the 1st Trimester!!!! Not to be confused with hating being pregnant, because I am thankful and very happy to be pregnant. I just can't stand the sickness. Yesterday and this morning I was feeling A-ok!! Soooo I decided to slurge on some Chinese food. I just waisted $40 on Chinese take out (I wanted to have left overs for tomorrow) because I can't even eat it. The smell is making me want to hurl and I can't even bring myself to take one bite. I am feeling really sad right now. lol
November 10th, 2013, 01:48 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Right there with you on hating the first trimester. I just went to Costco for groceries and ended up throwing up in the ladies room. Nothing more humbling than trying to silently hurl in a public restroom jam packed with people.
Demetria likes this.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
November 10th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Oh my goodness, I could imagine how 'humbling' that is lol. I am sorry you had that unpleasant experience!! Much easier to throw up in your own toilet...at least we keep a little dignity.

I am about to go snuggle up under my covers and call it a night...and its only 5pm.

On the upside I managed to get to Old Navy and I found some super cute maternity skinnies and a top (that I got in a large size that I can grow into from the regular section) for my next appointment. This gal will not be wearing yoga pants at her next appointment. haha.
November 10th, 2013, 02:58 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
I have an OB appointment tomorrow - not sure exactly what they're doing? - and then right after that an appointment with the rheumatologist. Thankfully they're right down the street from each other. But you reminded me that I have to shave my legs tonight

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
November 10th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Why oh why do all of the maternity jeans have to be skinny jeans with this baby??? I can't wear skinny jeans at all. I have very muscular calves and I wear a size 16 and carry all of my weight in my belly so I look ridiculous in skinny jeans. I cried after trying to shop for jeans yesterday. I am going to have to go with eBay if I am going to get anything I can feel somewhat comfortable in this pregnancy.
moxiemommie likes this.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
November 10th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitranch View Post
I have an OB appointment tomorrow - not sure exactly what they're doing? - and then right after that an appointment with the rheumatologist. Thankfully they're right down the street from each other. But you reminded me that I have to shave my legs tonight
Hehehe yea shave those legs just incase! I didn't shave for my last appointment, which was the colposcopy and I had to apologize for my leg stubble....my OB just replied that she has seen way worse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMom2007 View Post
Why oh why do all of the maternity jeans have to be skinny jeans with this baby??? I can't wear skinny jeans at all. I have very muscular calves and I wear a size 16 and carry all of my weight in my belly so I look ridiculous in skinny jeans. I cried after trying to shop for jeans yesterday. I am going to have to go with eBay if I am going to get anything I can feel somewhat comfortable in this pregnancy.
I have muscular calves as well since I gained weight! But I was able to size up so that I have room to grow in the pants, without looking like a clown and it actually doesn't look awkward on my calves at all! I was super worried about that. But Old Navy had several pairs of flare and boot cut pants as well, try looking online. I have to get the skinny or slim fit because I am really short. They don't have petite sizes at this Old Navy so if I were to get flare/boot cut or regular fit then they would drag along the ground and have that awful ripped up look at the back, especially with wearing flat shoes. Its ok with Skinnys because it just looks a little ruched on the back of my legs, which is pretty cool, and they do not drag along the ground. Oh the joys of being short!
moxiemommie likes this.

Last edited by Demetria; November 10th, 2013 at 03:18 PM.
November 10th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Motherhood Maternity has boot-cut jeans, that's what I always buy. They're not too terribly expensive either at $25-$30. I don't have skinny calves either!
Demetria likes this.

November 10th, 2013, 05:50 PM
I actually went to Motherhood yesterday and their XL's fit everywhere but my calves. I did try a pair of boot cut but they were tight around my knees, strangely. I also have no butt to speak of. I am trying to find a pair of yoga pants but all of the maternity ones have baggy butt syndrome.
Demetria likes this.

November 10th, 2013, 05:58 PM
at baggy butt syndrome!! Too funny! I read a few reviews on Motherhood and the butt issue. I am totally not lacking in the butt department. Sometimes that is an issue.
moxiemommie likes this.
November 10th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I bought two pairs of leggings for this pregnancy and that's ALL I want to wear. Ever. Again. Period. And I got really cute boots before I got pregnant so they are getting good wear now with my leggings.
Demetria and moxiemommie like this.
November 11th, 2013, 03:26 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
I can't wait to go shopping for new maternity clothes
Demetria likes this.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
November 11th, 2013, 03:45 AM
I tried on a maternity shirt at Target on Saturday, it was one of those ones that has the gathered sides - ruching, I think it's called? I just about died because it made me look SO pregnant! In normal clothes I don't look pregnant at all so it was a huge shocker. I didn't buy it
Demetria likes this.

November 11th, 2013, 06:15 AM
I Love the leggings and boots Angela! Sounds so cute!

Also love the look of the ruched tops! I must get some but they will definitely make you look bigger than what you really are, so I am going to hold off for a few more weeks.

I just brought our customized pregnancy announcement last night! Its super cute. I am having it printed and picked up when DH gets off of work...its cold outside so I won't be leaving the house today....I have to get it framed and then take a few photos of Ava since she gets to announce. I was going to photo all 3 kids, with different posters, but my son does not want to do it (he says taking photos are for girls...) My 4 yr old makes the oddest faces most of the time when I am trying to take posed shots of her....and the 2yr old, is always the easiest one to photograph.Which makes for less stress on me! We are announcing, finally, on next Friday!!
November 11th, 2013, 08:03 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
I can't find ANY cute maternity clothes! I also suffer from saggy butt syndrome so I mostly stick to dresses. I'm super excited about spring when I'll have a big round baby belly and can wear cute spring clothes but winter is killing me. Tights make my stomach hurt when they hug on it and pants just fit weird.

I just want some cute dresses that make my boobs look good since those are the only things that make me feel sexy and not like a chubby lump now a days.
Demetria likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search