c-section scar pain?

Forum: Due Date Club of June 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of June 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2013, 02:36 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
If you've had a prior c-section, are you experiencing any unusual pains around your scar area now that baby is growing bigger?

This is my first time dealing with a c-section scar in pregnancy and mostly it's been okay. Today I was carrying my sleeping son around (he's about 35 pounds) at a 4-H event and suddenly it felt like my scar was ripping open - not pleasant! I'm guessing maybe it was an adhesion separating? Hoping that won't happen very often!

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w4d
November 2nd, 2013, 02:46 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
I had my 1st C-section with my last pregnancy. Its not painful around the scar area but I have noticed where my little bump is growing my belly feels a bit numb there. My scar is very very low. I am amazed that its barely even noticeable! I was worried that as I grow bigger it may start to hurt or get a little sore.
November 2nd, 2013, 03:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I get a sharp pain around mine from time to time, but mostly it's numb or itchy. When I get bigger it will. Hurt a little if it's anything like last time.

November 2nd, 2013, 09:07 PM
I've had 2 previous Csections, I also feel the same pain. Pressure, tugging, tearing, sharp pains. I've read that is normal and the more you have had you will get those "twinges".
November 3rd, 2013, 09:30 AM
jjustice12's Avatar Super Mommy
Yea ive had 4 c-sections. For the most part mine doesn't bother me, but it is numb an it does itch sometimes. Way ince in awhile itll feel like its tearing but not too bad.

DS-Jesus (a.k.a J)-14yrs
DD-Heaven-12yrs
DD-Justice-8yrs
DD-Hope-4yrs
-8/2000 -9/2000 -7/25/2013
November 3rd, 2013, 12:33 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I had a c-section but I haven't noticed any pain. I'm sorry to see that it's bothering all of you -- hope it goes away soon (and hoping that it doesn't happen to me!).
November 4th, 2013, 07:38 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I've had 4 sections, and this is also the first pregnancy I've noticed some uncomfortableness around my scar area. It's mostly tightening, pulling, and some tenderness, but I wouldn't say it's painful. I'm sure it's normal since the more sections you have, the more scar tissue is there and there's less give and elasticity as the belly grows. However, if it's truly painful, I would probably just call and let your drs know. If something did separate, they may want to check it via U/S and make sure nothing needs to be fixed. Hope you don't experience it again!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

November 4th, 2013, 01:39 PM
RhiettaP's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had 4 previous c/s's and right now...I don't have any pain. I can't remember any significant pain from my last pregnancies either. Guessing it might be scar tissue.

William 11.06.03
Ethan 7.3.08
Liam Ryan 02.17.12
Baby # 5 EDD July 1st, coming in Jun

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search