I think I am switching midwife practices.

Forum: Due Date Club of June 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Think4Yourself
  • 1 Post By Missymoos

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of June 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2013, 03:08 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I had a little spotting and cramping over the weekend (which stopped right away, thankfully), but it made me realize that I am terrified to call my midwife, and I really don't want her delivering my baby.

In March, I had an 11 week miscarriage and she really left me high and dry. She kept telling me the warning signs to look out for which would warrant me heading to the ER, and when those things actually started to happen and I called her, she would just say, "Oh, I am sure you are fine". She gave me so much conflicting information and then when it went on for over 6 weeks, she really started to sound like I was just annoying her and way out of bounds for calling her emergency line to try to get my fears alleviated.

I had thought she was the only home birth midwife in my area, but I realized over the weekend that she isn't. I have an appointment on 12/5 to meet a new one, and I sent her an email explaining my previous experience and she was very warm and welcoming. Crossing my fingers that she is a good fit for us. I will be 11 1/2 weeks at that point, so I really need to find a provider.

I also spoke with my SO last night and he said not to worry about the financial side of it. He said that if it costs more to go with another provider, we will find a way. He wants us to all feel comfortable and for this birth experience to be a positive one.

So hoping it all works out!

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
November 25th, 2013, 03:12 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope that everything works out for you!

_______
November 25th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar omg shoes
Good luck! I am about to meet my midwife at the hospital and I'm very nervous because I had such an amazing experience meeting with home birth midwives.. I've been spoiled. Let us know how it goes!!

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi and Brigham.
Excited for Elliott Tesla in June 2014!

November 25th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
I don't blame you! Find someone you love and are comfortable with when an issue or concern arises! Good luck.
November 25th, 2013, 06:30 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
It's one thing for a MW to take a laid back approach. It's another for her to be so flippant about your concerns. It's especially important that you're comfortable with a HB MW. I hope this next one is awesome!

November 25th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
You should definitely find someone you are are comfortable with. I hope all works out for you.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

November 25th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thats awesome. You really need to feel comfortable, you shouldnt feel guilty about calling for advice and should I feel comfy with the person that delivers your baby

November 25th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Super Mommy
Good luck!

I agree - it is very important to have a good relationship with the one responsible for helping you bring your little one into the world. If you don't feel comfortable with her, you should find someone else.

Let us know how it goes!
November 25th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
I concur with all of the above - unfortunately too many women feel like they are inconveniencing their doctors or midwives but guess what - their job is to be inconvenienced! If they do not like it then they are in the wrong field.

I hope your new midwife makes this pregnancy a wonderful experience for you
November 25th, 2013, 01:42 PM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
Good luck! I'm changing providers this week for my NT scan. I just didn't love the practice and I had seen 3/5 of the doctors already. The new practice has come highly recommended. The one I'm leaving I picked because it was conveniently located. No thanks! I'd rather be super happy and comfortable!!!!

November 25th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Regular
I hope you are able to find someone who works better for you and that you are more comfortable with. Good luck!
November 25th, 2013, 01:58 PM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I hope it all works out!! I think a home birth midwife (and ALL OB providers, really) need to be calm and warm and caring. It should be mandatory! Keep us posted

November 25th, 2013, 05:37 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Thanks ladies. I spoke with my naturopath tonight when I went in for acupuncture and she gave me some names to call and also completely agreed with my decision to switch. I love my naturopath so much, I wish she could deliver my baby. I trust her recommendations though. I will let you all know how it goes!

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
November 25th, 2013, 06:29 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Glad to see you have some good recommendations! I don't blame you for wanting to switch. Hope everything works out!
November 25th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
Sounds like you have a good plan! Let us know how it works out!
November 25th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you are definitely making the right choice!! It's super important to feel completely comfortable with your midwife or doc. You need to know you can rely on them for anything, especially if they will be one of the only ones there to help with the labor makes it that much more important!

I honestly would go as far as to write a review from your first experience honestly.. but that's just me. I have a friend who tried a home birth and her midwife practically abandoned her at 8cm and it was a mess. The more reviews out there so women know what's up, the better! Like any other profession there's the good ones and the bad ones. Hope this next one is great!!
Missymoos likes this.

November 26th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
A review is a good idea - not only will it give other mothers an idea, but it may be the kick in butt your old midwife needs to get her act together. Constructive criticism is good thing!
Think4Yourself likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search