Buying baby items yet? Or no?

Forum: Due Date Club of June 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of June 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2013, 04:21 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
I've bought a few things. I put a few gender neutral pieces of clothing I saw at Old Navy after my NT scan. I have a baby book. And a few children's books. That's all. I'm sure I'll have a baby shower, so I won't buy a ton beforehand. But once we find out the sex I may get a few more things.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
November 27th, 2013, 04:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Won't be buying anything until the last trimester, I would say 90% of what I got at DD baby shower I haven't even used. It's funny how when I was pg with her I thought I needed this and that and when it came to having her, really I didn't need more than half the items I received...

I will only be getting a couple more cloth diapers and some outfits depending on the gender...
November 27th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not yet, Ive never started shopping until around the end of the second trimester. Not only do I know the gender, but by then if the baby is born early, I know everything should be okay, because its passed the 26th week. I know Im kind of a worry wart, but I do worry so much. I was born at around 28-30 weeks back in 1989 and after contracting an illness no one had seen sice WW2 they really thought I wasnt going to make it, my mom told me the story almost every night when I was a kid and Ive always been extremely worried that something would happen with my pregnancies... so right now, I try to just focus on the two boys I have and once Im at the end of the second tri, I will really start attaching even more ot the baby.

November 27th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
Yay! We FINALLY bought our first baby item....

Are you ready for this..........

A pacifier! LOL. It was just too cute! We saw plenty that we liked, but they were all blatantly for a girl, or boy... couldn't go either way. So we bought the light blue kind that is hollowed out and you can see them sucking on it (like the hospital kinds) OMG SO CUTE!

November 27th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Social Halfwit's Avatar omg shoes
We have a box of baby clothes.. some I saved from the boys, but mostly ones we bought together when decided to start TTC in December (oops! )

We have held off on buying more so far because we want to see what will come in over the holidays and then once taxes come in we will probably start going crazy! DF's coworker is also giving us a crib and a carseat that they got duplicates of at their baby shower.. so if I don't like those, we may sell or trade those in for store credit and buy ones we want.. mostly because I don't want a full size crib and I'm picky about the carseat we end up with.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi and Brigham.
Excited for Elliott Tesla in June 2014!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search