Buying baby items yet? Or no?

Forum: Due Date Club of June 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of June 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
I am still on the No list. I have not brought a single baby item, which is really unusual for me, normally by the 12th week I start shopping. I think I am going to wait until I know the sex of the baby to buy anything at all.
moxiemommie likes this.
November 26th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
We actually have the entire nursery suite - when we first started trying my boss at the time was in the process of selling all the baby furniture from his daughters, so I bought the crib, toddler bed, four-drawer dresser and a bookshelf from him for $800 - it's a gorgeous dark honey colour, near mint condition and Pottery Barn!

I also bought a bentwood rocking chair last summer off of Kijiji and I am just starting to refinish it now it to match the rest of the baby furniture

When we first conceived back in January 2012 I also bought the nursery linens that I liked because the line was being discontinued by the manufacturer so I got the complete set for over 50% off...it was a hard almost 2 years though, walking past the little room and seeing everything it in (not set up of course, but just in the room)...but now I am excited to get everything set up!

Last edited by Missymoos; November 26th, 2013 at 01:08 PM.
November 26th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
We haven't bought anything either. I have looked, and there aren't many gender neutral items that are cute, IMO.. so we haven't wasted the money. I did tell my DP last night that I want his friend to make this hat/beanie for our LO because she's taking orders (it's a knitted cap of a Minion (sp) it's SO CUTE!) and he told me, "it's too early for that!" To which I, of course, got super hormonal and wanted to cry after yelling at him that it's not too early.
Demetria likes this.

November 26th, 2013, 01:09 PM
alliebeecher's Avatar Veteran
I have only bought a print to hang in the nursery... was $15 on Etsy. I don't want to buy anything else until we know the sex, and until I know how much my parents are willing to spend on this baby
Demetria and Missymoos like this.
November 26th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Missy, I would love to see photos of your nursery when you get it all set up!!!

Britt, I would have been a little hormonal as well! Men don't understand....
November 26th, 2013, 01:16 PM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Surprisingly, the answer is "yes". Last Saturday I grabbed a new in the package Boppy Newborn Lounger for $6 at a thrift store. It was the one thing that I wish I would have gotten for DS but never had. That must have opened up the flood gates because yesterday, I knew I wanted a Joovy Caboose and when I noticed that I could snag one for $40 less than the lowest price I've been seeing them, I could not resist. I also grabbed a Rock 'n Play as well when it was an Amazon "lightning deal" later it the day.

That pretty much leaves me in the market for a new car seat and possibly a new carrier as well. At least as far as "big" items are concerned.
Demetria likes this.

November 26th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Marissa's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa's Mommy
Not yet but I am tempted to start stocking up on bigger sized diapers each time we go to SAMs club. Haven't had the urge to start shopping for the nursery yet. MIL is a garage sale junkie so I'm kinda waiting to see if she is able to find any great can't live without deals along the way.
Demetria likes this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature!
November 26th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't bought anything yet. Maybe once I'm through the first trimester.
Johnsgirlsx3 likes this.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

November 26th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissa's Mommy View Post
Not yet but I am tempted to start stocking up on bigger sized diapers each time we go to SAMs club. Haven't had the urge to start shopping for the nursery yet. MIL is a garage sale junkie so I'm kinda waiting to see if she is able to find any great can't live without deals along the way.
Does your DH have a cigar and diaper party? It's pretty common up in my neck of the woods, when the girls have their baby shower the guys have a cigar and diaper party. The Daddy-to-be rents the hall and/or provides the location, then all his guy friends show up to try some cigars and nice liqueurs - the cost of admission is a box of diapers!
mrsdaiwa24 likes this.
November 26th, 2013, 03:04 PM
alliebeecher's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missymoos View Post
Does your DH have a cigar and diaper party? It's pretty common up in my neck of the woods, when the girls have their baby shower the guys have a cigar and diaper party. The Daddy-to-be rents the hall and/or provides the location, then all his guy friends show up to try some cigars and nice liqueurs - the cost of admission is a box of diapers!
Woah, this is a great idea! I'd never heard of a cigar and diaper party before! Going to try and convince DH to have one...
November 26th, 2013, 03:24 PM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
I have picked up a few clothing pieces from thrift stores and also have a really nice hike trailer that my SO bought last summer when we were in the thick of trying to get pregnant. It was insanely cheap and we figured we could use it for bike camping trips if we didn't get pregnant.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
November 26th, 2013, 04:47 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Nope. I'm not buying anything until we either move, or I found out it's a boy and have to buy him clothes that aren't frilly and pink.
November 26th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Super Mommy
Well, at my mom's request, I painted over the nursery and gave away the toddler bed and tossed out the broken crib (the same month we apparently got lucky! If I knew that's what it would take I would have chucked stuff years ago.)

I saved more than enough shorts, pants, tshirts and onesies. I have everything including socks and underwear. I have th side car, the pack n play, the breast pump, and most of the small gear and my awesome city mini stroller. if we end up with a girl, she might look funny flashing transformer undies, but if she's in pants she can't be flashing anyone.

If we end up with a girl, I know things will be given because I have cousins with girls who will outgrow stuff by then. If it is a boy, we don't need much.

November 26th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I bought a pacifier because it had mustaches on it and my 11 year old LOVES mustaches. If it was a boy we were going to go mustache crazy...but we also think we're going to mustache out Audra =)

She NEEDS a crib mattress and a carseat...and that's literally IT. We're debating...Jessica has a toddler bed and has no desire for a new bedroom set, I was hoping to steal her crib mattress back...but it looks like a no go for now. I'll reason with her once she's a little older LOL =)

Actually we have Jessica's carseat for the first year so we don't need that until she gets too big for the carrier seat thing.

I looked at a lot of stuff at the store today but I can't justify buying anything. I think I will buy her letters for her bedroom to hang on the wall spelling out her name, since I did that for Sierra and Jessica, too.
Demetria likes this.
November 26th, 2013, 06:12 PM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
We don't need much so I haven't really been looking. I knitted up some diaper covers over the summer before I even got pregnant. I bought Sprog a car seat back when Radians were on Sale in May. I bought new hoses for my breast pump a few weeks ago because a local shop was going out of business. I plan to hit up the JBF sale for some things like a bouncy & swing. Otherwise, we're set.

November 26th, 2013, 06:26 PM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
I've saved EVERYTHING from DS & DD, very much like a hoarder, so I shouldn't need to buy anything other than diapers. Though that depends on boy or girl since DS was born in August and DD was born in October so the seasons will be off if its a girl. I'm sure that I will buy stuff anyway though!

November 26th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Marissa's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa's Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missymoos View Post
That's a great idea. Have never heard of it though. I'm sure if alcohol is involved him and his buddies will be excited.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature!
November 26th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Super Mommy
We haven't started shopping yet.

I will start once we find out the gender...I may look for some fun gender neutral stuff after we get the results of the NT Scan (I am so hopeful all comes back clear this time).
November 26th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
Im only 9 weeks so no shopping yet, I will likely start getting a few things in March or April. I have everything from dd still, so we plan to reuse it all if it's a girl, might need a new swing as it seems now and then it doesn't want to swing which is odd for it to go out so soon, we just got it new in March right before dd was born. We are also moving in May so I don't want to add extra things to move I suppose, and then add to it we are team green and there is only so much white, yellow and green you can buy. Our plan is to have enough for the first 2-4 weeks of dd's and ds's clothes as well as some gender neutral gowns and such and then go shopping for the rest of it, I do most of my toddler/baby shopping online anyways so it won't be a big deal.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012
November 27th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Veteran
I've been knitting but not really buying. I have one little newborn cardigan already done and am mostly through a three month cardi as well. I've started a baby blanket, but have a long way to go on that.

I did buy one skein of yarn for another blanket (so maybe that counts). I want to do a blanket with multicolor alphabet blocks and I already had three colors of one yarn that would work well for it in green, blue and yellow. I thought it needed one more color to be complete and ordered a red of the same yarn to go with the others.
bluewren likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search