Natural energy boosters...

Forum: Due Date Club of June 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of June 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2013, 04:58 PM
kaylakay's Avatar Love Being A Mommy
I am 12 weeks today and MS and fatigue are kicking my butt. I have a very active 18 month old and I work in labor and delivery on my feet for 12 hour night shifts.

I don't drink caffeine this early in pregnancy. (Personal choice)

How do you get your butt off the couch and get going? I'm so sick of being tired.

Forever missing my 3 angel babies. Sep 2010, Nov 2010, Jan 2011
December 11th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Marissa's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa's Mommy
While I still had morning sickness I think fear of being fired and not getting my DD to school were the only thing that motivated me to leave the house. The only thing I could do to help my energy level was to try and go to bed as soon as my daughter did and not make plans for the weekend and slack on my household duties. Mostly I had to accept the fact it was ok to not have a perfect house and that chores could wait. Hopefully you get some good advice about natural energy boosters. I didn't even think of that.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature!
December 11th, 2013, 05:43 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
^Yep, I fully agree!^ I have been so sick through the first trimester, and you just have to set priorities. You do the stuff you HAVE to do by just willing yourself through and then let the things that truly can wait go. My house was a little messier than I'd like and I rested a lot more than I would've liked (time I would usually spend making sure the house is spotless). I also wouldn't schedule much of anything for the weekends so that I could catch up on some rest and lay around if needed. Have you tried B6 for the M/S? I would try that. It's a natural way to relieve some of the nausea and sickness. If it's really bad, you may even ask your dr about Zofran. I had to take it a bit during the first tri and it really helped take the edge off so that I could force myself to do what was absolutely necessary. *hugs* Hope it gets better for you quickly!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

Last edited by RunningMommyTo5; December 11th, 2013 at 06:38 PM.
December 11th, 2013, 06:36 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I was suffering from some major fatigue during my first trimester. I'm a teacher and mommy to a very active 3 year old, and so I was super exhausted when I could get home, plus I was (and still am) suffering from some wicked insomnia. There were some nights were I was in tears because I was so tired.

One of the things I just surrendered to was allowing Betsy to watch more TV/play more iPad so I could take a break. I'm not proud of it, but it would give me a chance to just decompress and get a bit of energy for the next round of activities that we would do at home.

I agree about rethinking priorities. At home, I operate on a pseudo-triage system: what is critical and absolutely needs to get done NOW, what is important but can wait until the weekend, and then there's the group of things that won't get done until I get all of my energy back. I've got 2 clean but unfolded loads of laundry waiting to be put away and right now, I just want to sit in bed.

In terms of natural energy boosters, nothing gave me a boost. Extra protein, juice, even a caffeine-free pop (with all of that sugar!) couldn't boost me up. I hope you can find something -- you've got a pretty demanding set of jobs and you need some rest!

Last edited by mrsdaiwa24; December 11th, 2013 at 06:39 PM.
December 12th, 2013, 10:41 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
Water, Apples, B Vitamins, Vitamin D, Citrus Fruit or Citrus Essential Oils (smell them or drop some in your water), exercise, Kombucha, Chia seeds, and getting enough, but not TOO much, sleep

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search