All right. Tell the truth.

Forum: Due Date Club of June 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of June 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2014, 09:58 PM
jjustice12's Avatar Super Mommy
I havent had any this pregnancy with my last i had either a glass of wine or a beer every night. Dr recommended it for sleep and my back. So i could actually go to sleep. I also lived in Germany for a few years when i was younger an there they drink it an often give it to their kids for sleep when they are sick. But im not usually a drinker so it's not bothering me to go without.

DS-Jesus (a.k.a J)-14yrs
DD-Heaven-12yrs
DD-Justice-8yrs
DD-Hope-4yrs
-8/2000 -9/2000 -7/25/2013

Last edited by jjustice12; January 3rd, 2014 at 09:20 PM.
January 1st, 2014, 10:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nope none here. Before we found out I was pregnant we'd drink with friends on the weekends. Actually DS we didn't find out about till 2nd trimester because I was on the pill and still having periods we had our wedding and honeymoon(which was Vegas) and my first question was about alcohol. My ob told me that as long as I had stopped everything would be fine it's the 3rd trimester that does the damage he said.

January 2nd, 2014, 01:06 AM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, not here. I'm not a wine drinker and we don't have anything in the house.

If anything, this entire pregnancy I've been craving a giant burrito with a nice, tall, cold, salt-rimmed margarita like CRAZY. *sigh*. That one will have to wait . I'm not sure if it's the salt, or what. DH says to get the mix and see if it will help but I doubt it.

January 2nd, 2014, 06:51 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
I had a sip but that was it. I have had a couple of glasses throughout this pregnancy though. My OB was okay for it once I hit the second trimester so I've had a glass every couple of weeks.

January 2nd, 2014, 09:22 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I didn't and I won't. I'm not a big drinker, so I'm not missing anything. My MW and Dr are both firmly in the it's not worth the risk boat; it may not do any harm, but don't risk if you can. I don't think she'd freak out if I had a little, but since I don't drink anyway, I'm not going to start in pregnancy. I don't cut out caffeine at all, but that's about the biggest risk I take, LOL!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 2nd, 2014, 09:39 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
I was in bed with DP and my son at 7:30 pm... lol. My DP needed a nap before work (he works nights) and my son and I were out for the night. And even though I think a small glass here or there might be ok- it's just not for me. I don't need it, I can go without- so I don't feel the need. Although, with my DS my midwife told me to drink a little to help start labor- I could barely get any down though because it was so gross. lol.
Demetria and RunningMommyTo5 like this.

January 4th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Veteran
I have taken sips here and there of my husband's beer, and I had a taste of champagne on New Year's, but I haven't let myself have an actual drink because I usually AM a big drinker, and I suspect I would try to make a habit of it. I'm very thankful that I found out right at 5 weeks before I probably could have done much damage, and I quit drinking immediately. I doubt that the amount of alcohol in a sip here or there would count at all, and even an occasional glass of wine is probably okay for most people, but I really don't have much luck at only having an occasional glass :-P.

-Gypsy
January 5th, 2014, 07:11 AM
Missymoos's Avatar 1st time Momma-to-be
We spent New Years Eve driving through the worse snow squall I've ever seen to get up North for New Years Day...so nothing on New Years Eve - but I did have a mimosa on New Years Day Of course, mine was 1/3 champagne with 2/3 orange Juice while everyone else's was the reverse, lol. Still - it was delicious!

I rarely have more than a glass of wine with dinner even when I was not pregnant so it's more like half a small glass to sip with certain dinners (red meat esp.) now. I have to avoid all my favourite ciders though b/c I do not trust myself to just sip a little bit here and there!
Mel S likes this.

Rainey Jessica born on June 4th 2014

Jan. 2012 (6 wks)
January 6th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Grace's Avatar Seven is Heaven
Nope, I may not follow all the rules and caffeine is my best friend but I can't bring myself to have alcohol. But I don't drink often not pg either so it's not something I really miss. Im not against it for others, and even had an ob tell me once to have a wine cooler.

7/2010 10/2010 05/2012

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search