All right. Tell the truth.

Forum: Due Date Club of June 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of June 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 31st, 2013, 10:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Happy New Year. Now truthfully. Did anyone partake in any of the bubbly tonight? I know in some cultures it is not as taboo as here in the states, but since we have hit our second trimesters did anyone just have to have a sip?

I will admit I had the tiniest of sips. DH sent me to the liquor store after work to pick up a bottle of wine. He told me to just get the same thing I bought last time I went. Now neither he nor I are big drinkers so the last time I bought a bottle of wine was about 6 months ago, and I couldn't remember what I got. So when he uncorked it and poured his glass I had a tiny taste to make sure it was the right thing. After that I have contented myself with sparkling grape juice.

December 31st, 2013, 11:35 PM
Super Mommy
Haha, no not tonight. Buuuut, the other night my family did shots when my sister and bil were here ,and my mom and dad joined which has never happened in all my 37 years. So, I took a quarter shot with them just for toasting purposes.

January 1st, 2014, 03:11 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was out like a light by 10:30. My first endeavour into the new year was getting up to pee at 2am. Hehe!
Britt3, Demetria and Johnsgirlsx3 like this.

_______
January 1st, 2014, 04:47 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
Nope, not last night! I did like 4 sips of wine on Christmas Day, though. My midwife is not wine opposed- and I actually have a sheet of paper in a packet she gave me in the beginning saying it's sometimes encouraged before labor as it helps relax the mom. I have friends in Europe that drink wine in pregnancies, it's definitely more taboo here. I wouldn't have anything other than wine, though, personally. And just a few sips for me to taste.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
January 1st, 2014, 05:50 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Nothing for me. If I'm going to break the rules, I'm going to go all wild and crazy and have extra coffee. I'm a rebel, I know.
Britt3, bluewren, Spottts and 2 others like this.

Last edited by mrsdaiwa24; January 1st, 2014 at 05:53 AM.
January 1st, 2014, 06:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No, but I have a friend who drank a few half glasses of wine throughout her pregnancy. The craziest lthing I had last night was caffienated soda. Yup thats as crazy as I get hahaha. And I do allow myself sushi but it HAS to be cooked or seared. At least seared. So yeah thats mommy gone wild LOL!!!

January 1st, 2014, 06:52 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Nope I didn't, and like Roxanne, I was sleeping last night! DH was up but he doesn't drink. My rule breaking would probably be in the don't eat cold cut area. I am saving myself for a nice juicy 6" sub!
Britt3, bluewren and Johnsgirlsx3 like this.
January 1st, 2014, 07:04 AM
Super Mommy
In bed by 9 but was up and down. I ditto I am saving up for coffe but I would really like one Starbucks.
Spottts likes this.

Mom of two TEENAGE girls, 16 and 13.
Triple Negative Breast Cancer Survivor
DX date Nov 20, 2009
Chemo date Jan. 11, 2010
Bilateral mast. March 16, 2010
Exchange tissue expanders September 28, 2010
Expecting the UNEXPECTED but very much wanted little bundle June 28, 2014
I just might be to old for this!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

January 1st, 2014, 08:49 AM
MarchMom2007's Avatar Sticky baby wanted!
Nope, not here either. I was out at around 8:45 while SO and DS watched a movie. I have had a few sips of SO's hard cider's over the past few months though. I would never have a whole one myself, but I will have a drink or two of his when he has one about once a month or so. If he had been having champagne, I would have had a sip of that.

Cautiously expecting a little one sometime in June, and always remembering my 5 little ones that left too soon.
January 1st, 2014, 09:42 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I would have allowed myself a very small glass of wine if the mere thought of it didn't make me wanna hurl.

January 1st, 2014, 11:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not here. I was trying to do everything in my power to stay up until midnight. That would have hindered my chances.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

January 1st, 2014, 11:57 AM
Marissa's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Marissa's Mommy
Not me. Although one of DHs friends did try and get me to do a shot the other night- silly boys. Now if DH drank wine or champagne I would probably have a sip of his but he was not there last night and is only a beer or jack drinker. Then again I think it would suck to just have a few sips and that would just make me want it more so I would be better off having a coke or something that I can actually finish. If i didn't think it would keep me up all night.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful signature!
January 1st, 2014, 02:02 PM
Super Mommy
I'll admit that I had a very small glass of Champagne at midnight, followed by a large glass of water and bed, lol.

Other than that I had litterally a sip when we announced the news to our friends as they insisted on doing a champagne toast.

While I am not against pregnant women having a small glass of wine or champagne once every other week I don't plan on doing that myself - if I really crave it,I will have a small glass, but I haven't really missed it yet, so thus far I've only had a very small amount to keep up with the traditionns listed above.
Demetria likes this.
January 1st, 2014, 02:32 PM
HailandNevansmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not me, but I had a baileys on ice at xmas =)

January 1st, 2014, 03:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
nothing here but I have been in so much pain from this stupid tooth I don't think i would have even if I wasn't pregnant
January 1st, 2014, 04:31 PM
Caitlin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not last night, but I have definitely had a few glasses of wine this pregnancy. My doctor encourages it- one glass a week to help calm my nerves.
Demetria likes this.
January 1st, 2014, 05:25 PM
Regular
I had one sip just because it was killing me not knowing what the champagne tasted like! That's the first time I've tasted alcohol since I got pregnant.. just one sip :-(

I do have a friend who swears that it's fine to drink wine during pregnancy... and always tells me how she would drink it all the time. She tries to convince me to have some but I'm too paranoid
January 1st, 2014, 06:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has indulged a tiny bit. I don't follow most pregnancy food rules, but since I'm not really a drinker it's easy to skip the wine. I'm not really against a glass every now and then during pregnancy so I may have a tiny bit again later, but if I don't I don't think I will miss it.

January 1st, 2014, 08:35 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I had a glass of wine with my last pregnancy and she turned out ok.

That being said, I haven't YET had any alcohol...but I'm not going to make it 40 weeks this time. I'll be having a glass of wine soon.

Doesn't help that this kid LOVES grapes.
January 1st, 2014, 08:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't have any alcohol last night, but I have had a few sips here and there of DH's beer.

I did pretty much drink an entire bottle of Martinelli's sparkling cider by myself last night... ugh. That stuff is SO delicious.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search