I'm stuck in hell (rant)

Forum: Due Date Club of June 2014

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Due Date Club of June 2014 LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2014, 07:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So yesterday we packed up and headed for central Oregon. I'm stuck at my in laws cabin in the middle of nowhere with a just turned 2yr old in a none child Prof house. Two boys who didn't bring many toys because they were going to help daddy. Who is 30-45mins away repairing his parents rental that had pipes freeze and burst. DH is a contractor and hasn't had work for the last few weeks so we need the job. Our plan was I'd ride into town with him and visit my dad and stepmom while he worked. I barely have cell service here. Luckily they have internet and tv but that's it. Outside is ice so playing outside is out of the question. Our plans changed this morning when Dh dad said no one was leaving but them so I've been stuck with little to nothing to do and three boys mad they didn't get to go with daddy. It's about 7:45pm (pst) here right now and they aren't back yet. Just called that they are done working for the day and headed here. 2 yr old fell asleep finally in my lap while typing this...he took maybe a 20min nap today and didn't fall asleep till midnight last night I'm summing it up to this isn't home. I'm exhausted and am very disappointed since this is not what I planned. Oh and we aren't going home till most likely Sunday morning. Sorry for this rant I'm a combo of emotions and needed to get this out! I just want to be home if this is how things are going to be. I rescheduled my ob appointment for today to come with dh who wanted us to hangout with him and my parents I could have been at home and heard my babies today!!!

January 2nd, 2014, 08:29 PM
Super Mommy
Ok, how about scavenger hunts inside the house? Find something round (table) or something rectangle (book, door, remote) and find something red, orange yellow, etc.... Can they find things with letters and numbers on them and turn it into a game. Things like find 6 of something (chairs), 1 of something (front door) etc.

or how about baking something with them? If not, what about meal planning with them? Let them pick their favorite day of food and draw pictures of it on a paper plate or sheet of paper and you have to guess what it is.

Sock puppet shows? Make-the-baby-laugh competitions? Flip books to show animation? Drawing their own comic books? How many things can draw from hands or fingerprints? Making their own valentines cards? Take 100scraps of papers and write the scrabble letters and points and make a game on the table with no grid?

I would have to think up some more ideas but this is off the top of my head.

January 2nd, 2014, 09:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My in laws are the type that everything is for looks not touching. My mother in law hates cooking and meals were preplanned. So she has nothing for me to be able to bake which I love. Tomorrow I'm going with and going to my parents house period. Thank you to the suggestions which would work if my in Las weren't the type of people they are.

January 3rd, 2014, 03:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah thats hard, Ive been in situations like that but the boys were 1 and 2 at the time a Luke was walking... what a PITA... its hard for them.not to touch or play/draw, they cant just watch tv all day, even if its on, they get bored and play w toys... but they didnt bring too many. Yeah, totally difficult. Im glad you are going to your parents the will probably have fun

January 3rd, 2014, 05:21 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Oh my gosh -- I'd be insane right now! Hope you can escape that house today!
January 3rd, 2014, 05:33 AM
Super Mommy
*hugs*

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time - I hate it when plans go nowhere near as expected.

I hope you make it to your parents and that things go better for you today!
January 3rd, 2014, 07:56 AM
Super Mommy
Yikes! That does make for a stressful situation. Try to stay sane...

January 3rd, 2014, 09:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think the thing that makes me most upset is I rescheduled my appointment to be here for nothing! It's sounding like me and the kids are stuck again. If I knew it'd be like this I would have stayed home and deep cleaned the house like I want to do. The kids rooms need weeded out lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search