I have this weird feeling...

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes
  • 2 Post By Demetria
  • 3 Post By mrsdaiwa24
  • 1 Post By Demetria
  • 1 Post By AllyTales
  • 6 Post By Justjessie
  • 4 Post By *Leah*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have this sudden, weird feeling that I'm pregnant with twins. I don't think they run on either side of the family, but I've read that doesn't necessarily matter.

I guess I have to wait 4 more weeks to find out....

Anyone else hoping for twins?
September 28th, 2013, 12:53 PM
One baby two babies either would be amazing and a blessing. Can't wait to see if your intuition was right
September 28th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
...walks out of the room....

LOL

But, no seriously, if I am blessed with 2 babies then I will be really happy about it, but I am not hoping for 2. DH is though, he talks about it all of the time as twins run in his family!
September 28th, 2013, 03:54 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I know that with us older ladies, the likelihood of twins increases -- oh, please keep your fingers crossed that there's only one baby growing inside my belly right now!
Demetria, pnutterbutter and 3maybe like this.
September 28th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
Better you than me but I am the oldest one in here...so I haven't discounted it. And my numbers are super high this time...like last time...I was checked for twins but there was only one. Thank goodness.

My DH would be thrilled with twins.

I think there is only one in me. What are the odds?
September 28th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdaiwa24 View Post
i know that with us older ladies, the likelihood of twins increases -- oh, please keep your fingers crossed that there's only one baby growing inside my belly right now!
this!
September 28th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Why is it that the men are the ones over the moon thrilled with the idea of twins?? LOL I am thinking its mainly because they don't have to carry them!
mrsdaiwa24 likes this.
September 28th, 2013, 06:00 PM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh no no no nooo. I will be blessed with any number, but I'd like just one thanksverymuch. I barely have room for one! And I barely have patience for my own self, let alone two babies. I can't even imagine.
Demetria likes this.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
September 28th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
Men like the idea because

1. It means their sperm is of super hero grade. This is equivalent to having a big penis.

2. Women get to deal with the kids. (And I say that and it's probably unfair...DH and I both work full time but I also cook and clean and take care of the kids and it's just because he's a dude and they can't do stuff. The brain cell doesn't multitask. Everything falls apart if we're not there. WE are of super hero grade.
September 29th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justjessie View Post
Men like the idea because

1. It means their sperm is of super hero grade. This is equivalent to having a big penis.

2. Women get to deal with the kids. (And I say that and it's probably unfair...DH and I both work full time but I also cook and clean and take care of the kids and it's just because he's a dude and they can't do stuff. The brain cell doesn't multitask. Everything falls apart if we're not there. WE are of super hero grade.
To say I totally agree with this is an understatement. LOL
September 29th, 2013, 10:42 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
*lurking* and waiting for the July DDC - I SO laugh at men when they think they are high and mighty to get a woman pg with twins, because, in reality, it's the WOMAN who ovulated TWO eggs, that is the big accomplishment LOL...Men have MILLIONS of sperm...big whoop, right?

My mom is a twin and Fraternal twins run on the mother's side. Identical twins are just an occurrance that is random and not hereditary

Good luck ladies and hoping you have a H&H 9mos ...no matter how many you have in there
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

September 30th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lol! I have actually thought the same thing, just yesterday, but I dont think there are twins lol. My hubs loves to say women cant multi-task... but I keep my mouth shut. He KNOWS I can multitask lol. ( he said he read it in.a study, but I think it depends on the person really.) Anyways I got lucky w him because he really does help me with the kids. He also helps clean so it works out.
October 2nd, 2013, 08:15 AM
njkatc's Avatar Kelly
I'm REALLY hoping that there's only one in here! I'd just rather not go from a family of 4 to a family of 6 when we weren't even planning on bumping up to a family of 5!!! LOL

October 2nd, 2013, 11:31 AM
Twins run on my side and on his side, so I could see it as possible, but last time it was twins and we lost one so I'd prefer just having one healthy baby. Just so I won't be on edge the entire time as much. Mu hubby is super helpful with our kiddo though! I have to give him props. He even gets up in the middle of the night to get the baby for me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search