Midwife, OB or GP?

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mrsdaiwa24

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2013, 12:46 PM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
Who are you all seeing for your pregnancy? Midwife, OB or GP? I was seeing my normal family doctor (GP) because she delivers babies (only low risk) and I absolutely LOVE HER so much, I've had her for years.

Now that I'm moving, I'm switching to a midwife practice that my sister used. (I'm moving back to my home town). I've never met them, but she's raved about the practice. It's a mix of midwives and OB's. If you choose a midwife and turn high risk, you just move to the care of the OB.

What are you guys doing?

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
October 1st, 2013, 01:04 PM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
So throughout my sister's two pregnancies, I always said I'd use a midwife and be all natural as best I can. I have a gyn that I absolutely love to pieces, but I was still firm on using a midwife.

Then I saw my sister deliver a 9lb, 22in long baby. And I'm so nervous that right now, I'm sticking with my OB. I may change my mind though once the shock of all this has settled in more.

October 1st, 2013, 01:12 PM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If possible, I'm going to stick with the midwife I had last time for all the prenatal stuff. I liked her.

October 1st, 2013, 02:21 PM
Veteran
I've always had an OBGYN & never had issues with having the type of birth I wanted, but since I don't want to go w/my current OB, I'm going to keep my options open...I'm thinking it will be an OB or a CNMW who works out of a hospital.
October 1st, 2013, 03:00 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
My OB office has two new midwives. The old one didn't deliver babies but I think these ladies go with the OB. So I might get TWO! I use my OB, I would use the midwife but I'm all about getting the epidural ASAP. Screw the breathing =)
October 1st, 2013, 03:07 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
I will be seeing an OB A new office this time around since my usual office does not allow kids inside (crazy huh??) and we don't have daycare anymore since my 2yr old was born and I left my job. Our 2yr old is very clingy and won't stay with a sitter or at a drop in place so I had to find a place that allows kids.
October 1st, 2013, 03:09 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Seeing an OB. I'm old-school like that.
3maybe likes this.
October 1st, 2013, 03:10 PM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetria View Post
I will be seeing an OB A new office this time around since my usual office does not allow kids inside (crazy huh??) and we don't have daycare anymore since my 2yr old was born and I left my job. Our 2yr old is very clingy and won't stay with a sitter or at a drop in place so I had to find a place that allows kids.
A place that helps bring children into the world, won't allow children.. huh. That IS crazy.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
October 1st, 2013, 05:36 PM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
OB for me. It is a practice of 4 OBs. You rotate and see all of them throughout your pregnancy and they rotate as the on-call delivery doctor. It worked out great the first go around, I have no doubts it will be wonderful this time around too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search