Is This Normal?

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Danielle80

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So, I'm absolutely terrified of having a miscarriage. I'm healthy, almost 30, and this is my first pregnancy, so there is no history or anything that should cause this.

Every time I go to the bathroom I worry I'm going to see blood. When I'm crampy, I worry that something is wrong. When I'm not crampy, I wonder where the cramps are and think something happened. I wonder why my breasts don't really hurt (maybe it's just too early).

Please, ease my mind. I hope I get over this and am not on edge like this for 9 months.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

October 10th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
With my first PG I barely had symptoms until nausea hit me around 9 weeks. Even still I didn't have much for a long time. My bbs never hurt until he was born. Every PG is different, and every woman is different! I wouldn't worry! BUT - with that being said, I'm also terrified this time around; so easier said than done.

October 10th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I understand completely. It is just fear and I am sure everyone gets it. I am a chronic tp checker and I overanalyze every single symptom or lack of. I think it's normal. Once we all get to see our baby's heartbeats and know that things are good I am sure some of the fear will subside!! Hugs!!!
Britt3 likes this.

October 10th, 2013, 07:10 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
I think that's a normal fear- unfortunately, miscarriages happen and they're not incredibly uncommon. I'm a TP checker, too. BUT, I try not to worry and focus on it.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
October 10th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Super Mommy
It is completely normal to have that fear. Miscarriage is very common. I wouldn't stress yourself out about it. Trust me, I know how hard it is. I have suffered 3 pregnancy losses and now pregnant with I hope to be my rainbow baby. Keep us updated and I hope the very best for you!!

<3 I have suffered 4 early M/C's since 2012. I am missing my 4 angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~

<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3
October 10th, 2013, 06:10 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Totally normal! This is the reason why I panicked yesterday and went in for an u/s. I had convinced myself that there wasn't a baby. Having seen him/her, I'm starting to feel better. However, I'm still constantly checking my TP, feeling my bbs to see how sore they are, and if hpts were cheap, I'd be POASing every day.

That's why places like JM exist -- so we can get support from each other. Being part of my daughter's ddc/pr has brought me so much relief -- it was an immense help to be able to post something and get 10 replies stating that what I was experiencing was normal! We're all here for each other!
October 10th, 2013, 06:28 PM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
Just relax! It's not the best advice but your body is going to do what it needs to do. You have no history or anything giving you reason to worry, so enjoy your pregnancy My sister always says pregnancy sets you up for motherhood because you never stop worrying.

She also told me you can rent dopplers to listen to the heartbeat for around 27/month as your baby gets bigger!

October 11th, 2013, 02:40 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My breasts did not hurt at all until AFTER I had my son. Not even a twinge. I thought I was weird because it seemed like everyone but me kept talking about sensitive breasts and I was like "but my breasts feel totally fine".

:hugs: Try to relax. I would have thought with this being #2 for me I'd be more "been there done that" about the whole thing but I'm worrying just the same. I'd say it gets easier to relax once you start hitting important milestones.

October 11th, 2013, 05:33 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
It is completely normal. My first pregnancy ended in m/c and I've always had a slight fear in the back of my head with all of my pregnancies until I get that first U/S. The one thing that helps me to let go a little is knowing that God is in full control and surrendering the pregnancy fully to Him. All the worrying and stressing in the world won't change the outcome, good or bad. I just pray for the baby's health and my health and for God's will to be done. I can't worry about things that I can't control, although I do still get pangs of worry, even with my 5th (6th if you count the m/c) pregnancy. (((hugs)))
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

October 11th, 2013, 11:06 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm an obsessive compulsive TP checker and boob squeezer. I flip flop back and forth all day between feeling like the baby has clearly been lost and feeling totally pregnant and confident. Its rather maddening. Its completely normal to not have any symptoms whatsoever. A friend of mine had zero first tri symptoms and had an anterior placenta so she didn't feel the baby into the second half of the second tri. You'd think that would be a blissful pregnancy but she was so nervous. The best we can do is keep ourselves occupied and hope for the best.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search