Ok, so I've already broke out the maternity pants.

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chrysalis1

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2013, 03:58 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The other day I had a meeting and I felt it would not be appropriate to just show up in yoga pants. I tried on regular pants but they just made my achy bloat feel worse, so I whipped out a pair of my smaller over the belly maternity jeans.

After I got dressed, I asked DH how I looked. I then lifted up my shirt to reveal what I had on. He said he didn't want to say anything when I first came down the stairs but he was confused because I keep complaining about being bloated but it looked like I lost 2 sizes! HA!

October 11th, 2013, 04:06 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Men!

I've used the belly band a few times but not the full on maternity pants. It's only a matter of time though......
October 11th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdaiwa24 View Post
Men!

I've used the belly band a few times but not the full on maternity pants. It's only a matter of time though......
I ordered myself two belly bands last week and they were sitting on my porch after I came home from the meeting. I'm hoping they will work out well because other than feeling uncomfortable with the waistband of pants pushing on my stomach, my regular pants still fit fine.

October 11th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As long as no one can tell and hey based on what your DH thinks, those must be wonderful maternity pants! I would wear them all the time

I am praying that I can hold out until 12 weeks. I doubt it because with each pregnancy I had to whip out the maternity pants earlier and earlier.. With #4 it was 8 weeks now I already have 3 pairs just waiting, but we haven't told people (because of the recent m/c which we told everyone about that pregnancy). People will ask if I start to gain weight and I dread that.

October 11th, 2013, 06:18 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Hey, if it's comfortable, go for it!!! Looking great in it in a great added bonus. I'm a fitness instructor, so most days I get to wear my workout gear Nice and comfy, one of the perks of the job! Wake up, throw on my running gear, head out to run, come back and shower, and put on my workout clothes to go teach, LOL. I'm so fortunate that I don't need many maternity clothes. I just button my regular pants the couple days a week when I have to wear them below my belly when it gets larger. Although, the early bloat can get uncomfortable sometimes. I'm praying this pregnancy is like my 4 others and I can avoid buying the mat,
clothes!!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

October 11th, 2013, 06:48 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awe, your husband sounds so sweet!

So far I’m good in my regular clothes, but I plan on getting some belly bands soon to have on hand if I start getting too uncomfortable.

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
October 11th, 2013, 07:29 AM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
My bloat oddly is down today so I was able to wear my jeans to work for casual friday. By the end of the day I'm usually unbuttoning my pants though.

Your husband is adorable btw

October 11th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The bloat is killing me! In the morning, I'm good, but by the end of the day, I'm dying and want nothing more than to unbutton my pants.

How long does this bloat last? Is it here forever?

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

October 11th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wish44 View Post
The bloat is killing me! In the morning, I'm good, but by the end of the day, I'm dying and want nothing more than to unbutton my pants.

How long does this bloat last? Is it here forever?
There was this point during the late first and early second trimester with my son where the bloat went away. When I first started to get my bump it was pretty much baby bump. Eventually the feeling of bloat came back but at least I looked obviously pregnant by that point so I never really "looked" bloated.

October 11th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Britt3's Avatar Super Mommy
I've been bloated since our cruise last month. lol. So my pants are already getting tight but that's because I gained a few pounds after our trip. I've been walking and trying to lose that weight; now I'll keep walking and whatnot, but I'm not terrible worried. I was in maternity clothes and/or belly bands around 15-16 weeks with my first. But I've heard that it happens faster after you've already had one. Oi. I hope it holds off for awhile because we're not planning on telling anyone until December!! Ugh!!

October 11th, 2013, 11:29 AM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
I don't own any maternity pants yet! I figured I would "just know" when it is time to get maternity pants haha
bluewren likes this.
"Mild" pcos, blessed with BFP on cycle #4 ttc
Baby Braden 5/25/2014He's finally here!

]
October 11th, 2013, 05:49 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysalis1 View Post
I don't own any maternity pants yet! I figured I would "just know" when it is time to get maternity pants haha
Well, if you're like me, you'll know when the button on your pants pops off at work and you're kinda screwed for the rest of the day....... Belly bands full time!!!!
October 11th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Veteran
If you're more comfy in them, I say go for it!

Still in regular clothes here. I have been rummaging through my things to see what regular clothing I have that can go with me through this pregnancy and I think I have quite a few pieces. I also found 2 pair of skinny cords I bought...were too big & I never took them back. They are low rise & will work with come winter.

I think the lack of alcoholic beverages are going to to give me away, not the belly or maternity clothes.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search