Nervous

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By ~~MeeMee~~
  • 1 Post By chrysalis1
  • 1 Post By TiggersMommy
  • 1 Post By bluewren
  • 1 Post By Demetria
  • 1 Post By moxiemommie
  • 1 Post By MamaFish
  • 1 Post By AllyTales
  • 1 Post By mrsdaiwa24

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Hello everyone! I am 6w5d along and am nervous as can be. We had a miscarriage back in March and I was 5 weeks when that happened. I haven't had any spotting or bleeding and feel "normal" (boobs hurt, peeing often, tired as all get out and am hungry most of the time), but can't stop thinking something is wrong. Hubby says I need to stop thinking about it all and continue day to day....but that is so hard to do. We have our first u/s next Friday and I can't WAIT. Do you think we will hear the heartbeat? That would put my mind to rest a bit if we did.
October 11th, 2013, 11:34 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats and welome!
MNMom2B likes this.

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
October 11th, 2013, 11:37 AM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
I can kind of relate... I have not had a m/c before but I know my mom had one right before she had me and I have this fear that I will miscarry my first too. I guess it's nothing really you can do to stop worrying other than wait for your sonogram. I won't get my first sono until eleven days from now and am very nervous. After six weeks it is possible to see a heartbeat but sometimes ppl don't see it until eight. To try and stop myself from worrying so much I read and Reread all the books and stuff I got from my doctor's office when they confirmed my pregnancy with a urine test. For some reason it is reassuring and soothing to read books about pregnancy! I think it's because if I read things on Google I will find all the bad things lol.
MNMom2B likes this.
"Mild" pcos, blessed with BFP on cycle #4 ttc
Baby Braden 5/25/2014He's finally here!

]
October 11th, 2013, 11:53 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I get it. I've not had an m/c but I still totally get it. There's few things more nerve wracking than not knowing what the heck is going on in your uterus. I'm just trying to keep myself busy until my first appt (not till November!). You'll likely see a HB if they do an U/S but be prepared not to hear one. Its not likely.
MNMom2B likes this.

October 11th, 2013, 12:38 PM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! Congratulations and I hope that your u/s may provide ease of mind.
MNMom2B likes this.

October 11th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Welcome to the group!! I am 6 weeks 3 days and we heard and saw our little noodles heartbeat yesterday so you should definitely be able to hear it at your U/S appt! Good luck and best wishes for a H&H 9mths!! <3
MNMom2B likes this.
October 11th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Im so sorry for your loss. This little one should be fine, esp if you havent had any m/c symptoms.But I think its a thought in the back of every newly pregnant womens head, esp if she has gone through it before. Idk if you will hear the heartbeat ( they didnt "doppler" me at 8 weeks) but you should be able to see the heartbeat on the U/S, you usually can with most machines. For my first we couldnt see the heartbeat on the U/s at the drs office until 12 weeks, but she had gotten the date of conception wrong and he was about a week and a half under what she previously thought, so ended up sending me to the hosp to get a better ultrasound. It was a mess. So I was definitly excited for the third ultrasound and he was perfectly fine Just try and take it a day at a time until your ultrasound. Best of luck! Thats the same day I get my first ultrasound too!
MNMom2B likes this.

October 11th, 2013, 04:04 PM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
Congratulations and welcome! Try to relax. I know it's hard, but there's nothing better you can do. I've lost 6 babies and it's always a waiting game. I have learned I can't obsess over it. I hope this pregnancy continues for you.
MNMom2B likes this.

dd SK (closing in on 15)
dd AB (12.5)

ds TJ (10.5)
ds SR (7.75)
dd LG (5.5)
edd @ Aug 6
seven babies perfected in heaven
October 11th, 2013, 04:12 PM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
You'll be almost 8 weeks then, so you should definite;y see the heartbeat then. Congrats!!!
MNMom2B likes this.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
October 11th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Thanks ladies! It's hard to not think about it, but will try and keep busy ( or just sleep a lot)
October 11th, 2013, 05:33 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
While don't have experience with loss, I can tell you that I am incredibly anxious about this pregnancy and am worried with every little cramp, twinge, and tiny bit of discharge. I just had a scan and the baby measured at 6w 5d -- I could see the heart beating but couldn't hear it (but that may or may not have been the machine). You should definitely see the heart beating, even if you can't hear it. The machines are different -- Demi and I just had scans this week and are babies are almost at the same growth rate -- she could hear her baby's heartbeat and I couldn't hear mine (and mine measured a couple of days bigger than hers).

So in other words, if you can't hear the heart beat, don't worry. A visual confirmation of the little fluttering will make you feel so much better! Good luck!
MNMom2B likes this.
October 13th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
ITA with Amy you should at least be able to see it. The only way I was able to hear it was because the tech turned on the speakers. I don't think the smaller machines have that capability..the ones that the doctors just roll around and bring into the room, but I went into the actual U/S room so the bigger more advanced machine was the one that was used for my scan.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search