Flashback Friday

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By susie_q
  • 2 Post By RunningMommyTo5
  • 1 Post By susie_q
  • 2 Post By Danielle80
  • 2 Post By moxiemommie
  • 3 Post By MamaFish
  • 1 Post By Danielle80
  • 2 Post By Caitlin

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2013, 12:14 PM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a couple hours til the work day ends, so humor me

What was life like...

Six months ago?

A year ago?

Six months ago? This is gonna sound creepy and specific but it's easy for me. Six months ago today I was working a meeting in Atlantic City and was talking to my coworkers about this "young guy that I went on a date with the night before and he kissed me but I'm pretty sure it's going no where." Six months later I'm pregnant with his child, heh

A year ago? - Apt hunting, looking at moving into the place I live now. Was doing a bit of okcupid dating too, which went no where. Also in school full time, losing my mind.
RunningMommyTo5 likes this.

Last edited by susie_q; October 11th, 2013 at 12:18 PM.
October 11th, 2013, 12:36 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Six months ago: I just looked at today's date and it was 6 months ago to the day that my then 7 month old daughter was being admitted into the hospital for what we were told would be at least a week, if not more. She needed to put on weight and had a failure to thrive diagnosis, weighing only 11lbs. They were starting a lot of her diagnostic work ups to figure out a diagnosis for her. *here we are six months later with her being 13mo old and still no diagnosis, but we're closer. Potentially something auto-immune, metabolic, or enzyme disorder* She was a healthy growing baby until 2 months old, her head stopped growing, and then her weight dropped dramatically and she couldn't keep it on *one more sn: we've gotten her weight up to around 18-19lbs and she's only slightly delayed developmentally at the moment. hoping to get her official diagnosis and treatment started next month FX'd*

Also, my boys were right smack in the middle of baseball season and we were crazy busy since the two oldest boys play in two different age groups.

One year ago: I had a newborn, 1mo old girl, coming into a house of three crazy older brothers She came smack at the beginning of the new school year and right after my oldest's football season had started. Again, crazy busy, but we like it that way. DD just fit right in and went with the flow! Ironically both one year and six months ago, DH and I both agreed we were D.O.N.E having children....haha....God had other plans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie_q View Post

Six months ago? This is gonna sound creepy and specific but it's easy for me. Six months ago today I was working a meeting in Atlantic City and was talking to my coworkers about this "young guy that I went on a date with the night before and he kissed me but I'm pretty sure it's going no where." Six months later I'm pregnant with his child, heh

A year ago? - Apt hunting, looking at moving into the place I live now. Was doing a bit of okcupid dating too, which went no where. Also in school full time, losing my mind.
It's so crazy how much can change in a short year, isn't it?? To think the guy you thought wouldn't go anywhere with a few months ago and now here you are with this little baby with him!
moxiemommie and susie_q like this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

Last edited by RunningMommyTo5; October 11th, 2013 at 12:39 PM.
October 11th, 2013, 12:38 PM
susie_q's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow! I'm glad to hear your little girl is improving! Hopefully you'll have some solid answers soon!
MamaFish likes this.

October 11th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Six months ago: My DH was deployed and life was crazy. We were beginning to think about the end of school (May) and bdays (3 of my 4 kids are June babies) but really life was just as crazy as it is now.

1 year ago: We were gearing up for DH's deployment and trying to get a schedule down for the upcoming year. We had just started both of my boys in ABA therapy (one has Aspergers and the other Autism) and I was trying to get my youngest into preschool. Life has gotten much easier since starting therapy, although they go 3 & 4 days a week along with school so I constantly run around like a crazy person. It has helped them tremendously.
MamaFish and RunningMommyTo5 like this.

October 11th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
April 11? I hope thats right, okay We had just moved April 1st and I was cleaning probably 6am-2am with a few half hour breaks in between. (My mom is a hoarder, and she takes care of my grandfather, so aps was starting to get involved and we just could not put off moving) Anyways it was a huge adjustment. A year ago, I was taking care of my son who I had quite my job to care for back in january because he got a MRSA infection (from a client I was working with at a care home and NONE of the staff were informed, it was a home for ppl with disabilities) anyways we were just getting the MRSA irradicated from his body (medication up all our noses, bathing in chlorhexidine, ect.) My fiance was working but wasnt getting enough hours and we were struggling financially but surviving. But now? He has a great job, he was hired on maybe a week or two before we found out about the bby (had just quit a crappy job he transferred to) I mean its just amazing how far we have come from a yr ago, or even from bby #1 until now.
Oh! and luke was wearing a harness! Totally for got about that. He had hip displaysia when he was born and had to wear a harness from birth. We finally got to take it off completely this yr and he gets checked in december. hoping for the best!

Last edited by moxiemommie; October 11th, 2013 at 02:35 PM.
October 11th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle80 View Post
We had just started both of my boys in ABA therapy (one has Aspergers and the other Autism)
OMgoodness!!!! My oldest DS has Aspergers and my youngest DS has just been put on the Spectrum. Currently, they're calling it high-functioning autism but believe he's a bit more severe than my oldest. If you need ANY support, I'm here. Although, I'm fairly new to that journey, too, so maybe you can help me. Some days are quite interesting around here with these two.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

October 11th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningMommyTo5 View Post
Six months ago: I just looked at today's date and it was 6 months ago to the day that my then 7 month old daughter was being admitted into the hospital for what we were told would be at least a week, if not more. She needed to put on weight and had a failure to thrive diagnosis, weighing only 11lbs. They were starting a lot of her diagnostic work ups to figure out a diagnosis for her. *here we are six months later with her being 13mo old and still no diagnosis, but we're closer. Potentially something auto-immune, metabolic, or enzyme disorder* She was a healthy growing baby until 2 months old, her head stopped growing, and then her weight dropped dramatically and she couldn't keep it on *one more sn: we've gotten her weight up to around 18-19lbs and she's only slightly delayed developmentally at the moment. hoping to get her official diagnosis and treatment started next month FX'd*

Also, my boys were right smack in the middle of baseball season and we were crazy busy since the two oldest boys play in two different age groups.

One year ago: I had a newborn, 1mo old girl, coming into a house of three crazy older brothers She came smack at the beginning of the new school year and right after my oldest's football season had started. Again, crazy busy, but we like it that way. DD just fit right in and went with the flow! Ironically both one year and six months ago, DH and I both agreed we were D.O.N.E having children....haha....God had other plans!

It's so crazy how much can change in a short year, isn't it?? To think the guy you thought wouldn't go anywhere with a few months ago and now here you are with this little baby with him!

SO Glad she is doing better! That must have been so scary. That is amazing improvement! *fingerscrossed with getting her diagnosis and for more improvement*

Quote:
Six months ago: My DH was deployed and life was crazy. We were beginning to think about the end of school (May) and bdays (3 of my 4 kids are June babies) but really life was just as crazy as it is now.

1 year ago: We were gearing up for DH's deployment and trying to get a schedule down for the upcoming year. We had just started both of my boys in ABA therapy (one has Aspergers and the other Autism) and I was trying to get my youngest into preschool. Life has gotten much easier since starting therapy, although they go 3 & 4 days a week along with school so I constantly run around like a crazy person. It has helped them tremendously.
Omg! Thats a lot on your plate! Glad they are doing so much better!

October 11th, 2013, 02:47 PM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
Six months ago: My Great Grandma had just passed away and the family was congregating in southern Idaho for the funeral. It was sad, of course...but it was nice to see all my family since we live across the USA from them.

1 year ago: Still adjusting to mommy life, I had gone back to work part-time, and was about to embark on Tucker's helmet therapy experience.

October 11th, 2013, 03:19 PM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
Wow. Sounds like everyone's had some trials in the last year!

Six months ago I celebrated 2 years cancer free.

A year ago, I was recovering from my second 11-13 week miscarriage in a year. That time I'd lost 1/4 of my blood and had to have a D&C. That was mid-September. I was just getting close to normal again by mid-October when DH & I took a week-long trip to San Antonio for our 20th anniversary. What a WONDERFUL, restful, much needed week it was! We stayed right on the Riverwalk! We had spent part of our honeymoon there. When we got back, we got to move back into our house that had been flooded and had taken 11 months to rebuild! I'm very happy to have those years behind me, but I certainly learned a lot.

Yesterday was our 21st anniversary!

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14
October 11th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningMommyTo5 View Post
OMgoodness!!!! My oldest DS has Aspergers and my youngest DS has just been put on the Spectrum. Currently, they're calling it high-functioning autism but believe he's a bit more severe than my oldest. If you need ANY support, I'm here. Although, I'm fairly new to that journey, too, so maybe you can help me. Some days are quite interesting around here with these two.
That's funny, we usually get the oh wow! 2 on the spectrum?!? It's refreshing to meet another family like us. It is a crazy house most of the time but man do I love these crazy boys! Jackson (my Aspie) was diagnosed when he was 3.5 and also with SEVERE ADHD so we have known for a while. We didn't find an ABA center until a year ago and like I said its amazing to see their work. With Lincoln it was different, they diagnosed him with Verbal Apraxia because he didn't speak. It wasn't until he developed epilepsy and they sent him to a Neuro in Jacksonville that he said hey we think he has Autism. So he got 2 diagnoses that day . The epilepsy is the worst. I can handle Autism, Aspergers, (Tourette's my younger daughter has that) but epilepsy scares the crud out of me.

I would love to be able to talk to another mom who totally gets the whole ASD life. If you need anything, let me know also. How old are your boys? Jackson is 7 and Lincoln is 4.
RunningMommyTo5 likes this.

October 11th, 2013, 04:39 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
My heart goes out to those of you who have had health issues with your children. I'm so sorry to read that your families are going through these things.

Six months ago and a year ago are virtually the same for me, so I'll just lump them together..... teaching 6th grade social studies.....raising an overly energetic 2 year old....dealing with some family drama....and thinking that my little family was complete (ha -- was I wrong!)
October 11th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Caitlin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Six months ago? We were getting ready to close on our first house (april 15) and spending way too much money on new stuff for it!

A year ago? We were settling in as newlyweds and going through a rough patch as well with some personal issues. Glad to say they are all better now!
October 11th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Quote:
That's funny, we usually get the oh wow! 2 on the spectrum?!? It's refreshing to meet another family like us. It is a crazy house most of the time but man do I love these crazy boys!

I would love to be able to talk to another mom who totally gets the whole ASD life. If you need anything, let me know also. How old are your boys? Jackson is 7 and Lincoln is 4.
I get these same comments, plus add to that all we've been through with Bailey this year has been rough! Thomas is my aspie and he's also 7, Evan is other one with ASD and he's 3, so they're close! Thomas also has severe ADHD. We're looking into different therapies for them now and we need to change T's ADHD meds because they are clearly not working to improve his focus. We definitely need to connect. The comment I hate the most is when I tell someone they're on the spectrum, they try to tell me that they don't think he is. Really? Because you know so much about Aspergers? All the sensory issues he has? All the ticks, impulses, compulsions, irrational fears, the need for routine and the absolute panic that ensues if it's broken, the heartbreak over not being able to get affection from him, or a true connection, the social issues he has with others his age. I could go on, but I don't want to highjack this post any further... So frustrating that people think that because they look normal that there can't be anything wrong.

I'm so sorry about your youngest. My youngest is very hard to understand. He mumbles and talks to himself a lot, and he's very much speech delayed. I am constantly having to translate to other people, IF I can even understand what he's saying. But, that's so minor comparatively to what your son is experiencing. I will be praying for you and your family!

October 12th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
My son (now 14) had epilepsy...any questions? Feel free to ask! He's outgrown it and no longer has it, but I worry anyway.

6 months ago we were starting to TTC and I told Keith he gets 6 months...and if we don't get pregnant it wasn't meant to be. I was pretty sure we wouldn't get pregnant.

A year ago I was in the hospital with an unknown "thing" that ended up being Erythema Nodosum, a "thing" that presents like Lupus or even forms of cancer...I was having a biopsy, and was put on bedrest on and off for a month...it turns out that in most cases it's caused by birth control pills, and when they ruled everything else out they took me off birth control...and voila...I got better ASAP.

Oh...and I have one ADHD and one ADD...I'm fully expecting that at least one more of my kids will end up with it also, as both of my baby daddies have it. (My ex husbands kids are the diagnosed ones...my 3 year old seems fine, we'll see how school goes when she starts!)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search