Which would you go by???

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By AllyTales
  • 2 Post By mrsdaiwa24

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2013, 05:07 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
My EDD is confusing:

* the doctor swears it's 5/27 (based on an incorrect 28 cycle and my LMP).

* Fertility Friend said it was 6/2 (I charted everything and know that I o'd late in the cycle)

* on Wednesday (6w 2d based on the FF EDD), the baby measure 6w 5d, putting the due date on 5/30.

I know it's silly because all of those dates are within a week's time PLUS the doctor has already told me I'd be having a repeat c-section, so the baby won't be born on any of those dates, BUT I really want to have a good answer to go with. Because if I go with the baby's measurement, that would put me at 7 weeks, which sounds so much more pregnant than 6w 4d. Again, totally silly thing for me to obsess over, but I just want to have a date. I'm a planner -- I need to know!!!! Plus, I want to have my cute little ticker have the right estimation.

So, which would you go by?
October 11th, 2013, 05:09 PM
mrs_zipre's Avatar Loving my life!
I would go by the doctor's date. It is just easier to keep up with in my mind.

October 11th, 2013, 05:28 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I've always gone by conception. But, you're right, with a repeat section, you will have a planned date anyway. I would say those few days would make a huge difference if you have a dr who follows the 10 day late rule if you were having a vaginal, but since you're not don't stress. Of course, if I were measuring ahead.....I'd probably use the U/S date just to say I'm further along LOL

I have no idea when I O'd. Hence, how we were surprised. I KNOW what day we conceived because a virus hit our house the week it had to happen and there was only one day (on my birthday) that we got to have sex between the sickness hitting. Based on that, it puts me at 5wks tomorrow, based on LMP, I'd be 4w4d. I'm going by the 5wk until I get my dating U/S. BTW, I'll also be a repeat section.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

October 11th, 2013, 05:40 PM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
I say go with 6/1 In between what the u/s said, and what you charted. Those two would be the more accurate ones.

Regardless, you're staying with us... RIIIIIGHT?
mrsdaiwa24 likes this.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
October 11th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllyTales View Post

Regardless, you're staying with us... RIIIIIGHT?
Yep....you're my DDC! (As long as you're "cool" with me having a May date!)
JoannaEvelyn06 and Demetria like this.
October 11th, 2013, 06:00 PM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdaiwa24 View Post
Yep....you're my DDC! (As long as you're "cool" with me having a May date!)
Totally cool by me We won't all deliver in June, anyway, I'm sure... soooo.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
October 11th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
I would go by the U/S measurement.
October 11th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well you could play it safe and say 5/30, wwhat the baby measures, but know that what the baby measures is not always correct by any means.(its more correct when they are little but they can be off at times by days, with my first they were off by a weeek) They wanted to induce me with my first and said he would be at least 8lbs, went into labor naturally had him at 40ws 4 days at 6lbs 13oz. I would go with 5/30 or 6/2 its likely more accurate. It also depends how long you carry, If your dd is 5/30 at 38 weeks but you go at 39 weeks, then 6/2 would be more accurate. My dd says 5/31, there is no way I will deliver at 38 weeks, naturally. I go at least 39-40 weeks. So my dd for myself is june 8th, its more accurate, but I will likely go over that date too.

October 11th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
oh but you are having a c section so it really just depends what the dr prefers to deliver at. I think quite a few like 38 and 1/2, everyone I know thats had one, usually is 38 and 1/2 lol

October 12th, 2013, 02:52 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my son, I went by what he measured at the dating u/s. He was born 4 days after his due date. Depending on how far off, from my own charting, this one is measuring I might just go by the u/s again or pick a number that I like based on the other numbers.

October 12th, 2013, 05:33 AM
I think the baby's measurement at 5/30 is the way to go. The doc's EDD is way off -- there's absolutely no way this kiddo can have that date as I charted every single day and I know exactly when my opk went positive and when I o'd (and it wasn't until CD21!).

Like I said, I know it's super silly to worry about this, especially when a due date isn't going to matter at the end. It's just important to ME that I have an accurate date.

That means.....I'm 7w 1d today! That's starting to sound really "pregnant"!
October 12th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
My babies always measure bigger...and they never change my EDD. What they DO is go by a 28 day cycle and my LMP date.

So...based on that I'll be due on June 1 or June 10.

I ovulated 2 days early, so I'm calling it June 8.

I fully expect this baby to be late, though. My first was 9 days early, my second was 5 days early, Jessica was born ON her EDD (even though she measured 9 days bigger) so this one will fall out the minute I finish up report cards, lock up my classroom, and pull out of the parking lot for the end of the school year, leaving me a full three seconds of free time before popping the baby out and having the summer off with four kids alone at home =)

You know your body the best!
October 12th, 2013, 10:54 AM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
I would go by the conception date because the drs use that incorrect 28 day cycle and LMP thing! As for the measurements, I know those are still only an estimate and sometimes are changed as other sonograms are done.. They are both good ballparks but I feel like conception date is most accurate especially with the cute little tickers that tell you what is developing etc. etc.
"Mild" pcos, blessed with BFP on cycle #4 ttc
Baby Braden 5/25/2014He's finally here!

]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search