Confused...

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By chrysalis1
  • 1 Post By Justjessie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay so Ive calculated my conception sept 7 (could have been sept 6, but sticking w 7) Ovulation was sept 11th - II know I didnt concieve at ovulation, because we didnt do the deed during ovulation .I tested positive Sept 28, and this line was a bit dark ( it was dark half way up and then light half way up lol) I only get a positive test after exactly three weeks. (Was that way for both kids found out with my first at 3w3d, and Luke 3w. ) So my nurse told me I am 7 weeks preg. My due date is 5/31 at 38 weeks. But I counted and Im only 5 weeks. So how did she get 7? I mean the dd is correct at 38 weeks, but why did she say I was 7 weeks? If I concieved on the 7th up until now, Im only 5. Or are they counting two weeks before that? My last period was aug 24th. Im trying to figure out why she said I was 7... I know the ultrasound will confirm just trying to figure it out.

October 12th, 2013, 10:36 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They count from the first day of your last period. Sounds weird but that is how they do it.

October 12th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ohhh okay so I guess I need to update my ticker lol

darn I cant lol

October 12th, 2013, 11:47 AM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
Since they count from the day of your last menstrual period and assume you conceived a textbook 14 days after that date, and I know the date I conceived, I just subtracted 14 days from that and gave THAT date to the doctor as the date of my last menstrual period. This way the EDD they gave me is forced to be based on my conception date!

I know that they calculate that way because it's a good ballpark until they can get sonogram measurements, but I've been tracking my cycles so I already came to the dr knowing my due date and exactly how far along I am, sooooooo they need to know too lol
MamaFish likes this.
"Mild" pcos, blessed with BFP on cycle #4 ttc
Baby Braden 5/25/2014

Last edited by chrysalis1; October 12th, 2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: reworded for clarity! hope it is not confusing!
October 12th, 2013, 02:20 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiemommie View Post
My due date is 5/31 at 38 weeks.
Okay, now I'm confused. Why is your doctor giving you a due date that's only for 38 weeks? I know I'll be delivering early with the repeat c-section, but my doctor's EDD (which I contend is wrong) is based on a full 40 weeks.

Dang it, I knew I should have taken a nap!
October 12th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
well, I counted from sept 7, (when I conceived) and its 38 weeks. Maybe its 40w from my last period... Idk I think Im more confused LOL

October 12th, 2013, 03:10 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
That's okay -- I'm confused about my due date too. Let's just go the Kate Middleton route and say we're due in "late May" -- keep it a big mystery!
October 12th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hahaahahahaha! We should! Ryan's DD was supposedly Jan 14, and he was born the 24, so I have a feeling this one will be the same way LOL

October 12th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
What was the first day of your last period? Your EDD is 40 weeks from that date. HOWEVER...what day did you ovulate on? (My EDD is June 10 based on my LMP but I say June 8 because I O'd 2 days early). Even though you BD'd 4 days early, if you O'd on the 11th, your EDD would be June 4, based on ovulation, regardless of what you started your period.

I'm not a medical professional but pregnancy is my hobby. Have you ever read Taking Charge Of Your Fertility? it's a book by Toni Weschler, and I recommend every woman read it. It can show you how to get pregnant, how to avoid pregnancy,. and debunks all myths about the female body that, unfortunately, old school doctors keep telling us.

Basically if you KNOW when you O'd, 38 weeks after that day would be an accurate EDD. Keep in mind that only 5% of women deliver on their EDD though!
chrysalis1 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search