Cloth diapers?

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 12th, 2013, 02:24 PM
angelsailor288's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So who plans to cloth diaper? Nicholas was cloth diapered from about 2 months til potty training a month ago. So I have all my one sizes, I'm just looking into some newborn fluff. Cant wait to start buying it. I'm an addict lol

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy!

October 12th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
I could see myself getting into it because of the cuteness but I'm about to be a full time working mom to four with DH at work most of the time...so I'm going to stick with disposables =) And pray that #4 potty trains as fast as my first three did =)
October 12th, 2013, 03:08 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
We CD'ed baby #4 and I still have some of his diapers. Was disappointed that all of our Fuzzibunz (sized) elastic went bad and the BumGenius velcro tabs were no longer working. I won't be buying either of those again. Really looking hard at Best Bottoms.

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
October 12th, 2013, 04:02 PM
I used best bottoms for a bit, they are good as long as you don't have a heavy wetter, if so you need the doublers. I also preferred the stay dry over the hemp. The hemp got stiff.

October 12th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
I thought about making my own, if I decide to invest in a snap machine but I am still undecided. I really don't want to fall into the addiction again as I already have a serious fabric buying problem lol I really don't want to add to the spending craze! lol
October 12th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No, I like being able to just throw the crap away right away lol. I hated hand washing training pants. They are cute though.
October 12th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
yeah, I now have to share the washer & dryer with my mom and leave my washer/dryer because there was no spot for them. I really dont want cloth diapers sitting since we have "laundry days" on a schedule. YUCK! lol

October 12th, 2013, 05:22 PM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
We used CDs with Betsy (BumGenius snap pockets). I plan on using them again but will need to find out if daycare will allow them. Betsy's old daycare was fine with them, but she's in a new place now so I'm not sure if they'll allow them.
October 12th, 2013, 08:47 PM
LShumate1010's Avatar Super Mommy
Love cloth and will be using them again. I'm a SAHM so its easier for us! And cheaper! I have sunbabys, bum genius, Kerr bear kids, and kawaiis.
angelsailor288 likes this.
October 13th, 2013, 04:11 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Just lurking! We started using cloth when my son was 11 months old. Most of his stash is bumGenius with a few FuzziBunz and Tots Bots too.
We've decided to do cloth with my soon to be NB right from the start and after doing tons if research we are going with Blueberry NB Simplex AIOs (used to be Swaddlebees). They have a snap down for the umbilical stump and fit up to 16lbs and apparently they are the best. The only downfall is that they are a little pricey!
Just wanted to share what I think will work best for us with a toddler running around. LOL!
Good luck and have a H&H 9 months!

October 13th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Veteran
Nope, never been interested. I'm a sposies mom.
October 13th, 2013, 08:53 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
We CD'd DD from birth. I'm stoked to CD this one as well. I taught myself how to knit this year so I can make a bunch of wool covers. I have about 8 ready to go for this bean.

October 13th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Super Mommy
I am looking into using cloth diapers!

<3 I have suffered 4 early M/C's since 2012. I am missing my 4 angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~

<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3
October 13th, 2013, 05:51 PM
My absolute favorites are Softbums! Going to use them for newborn stage.
We have a wide variety of diapers lol. Lots of alva pockets, lots of prefolds, some fitteds, and many many covers. I have an addiction

October 13th, 2013, 07:43 PM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm going disposables. I don't think hubby could handle anything else. For me it's the gag factor of not wanting dirty diapers waiting for laundry time.

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
October 13th, 2013, 09:50 PM
It's not that bad
MamaFish likes this.

October 14th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We will do cloth for this one too... We did for our first and loved it, will do it again...
October 14th, 2013, 07:29 AM
AtomicMama's Avatar CopperBoom!
I CDed DS until about a month or two before he PTed (he outgrew all his diapers, and I wasn't going to invest in new diapers for a few months), and I will with this baby, too

However, I JUST sold ALL my CDs! Which I'm kind of okay with because I was not happy with the diapers I had at the end and a lot of them were starting to have lose elastic or delaminating.

This time, I'm starting over. I want about 30 diapers. I'm getting TotBots, Bluberry, and Apple Cheeks. Maybe a few BG All in Ones because of the cute prints. I think I may rent NB diapers from the local CD store to start. And then I'm not going crazy buying more diapers than I need

October 14th, 2013, 01:48 PM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
I'll be cding again. Looking forward to it. I experimented a lot with my first 'til I settled in on 4x8x4 prefolds and two brands of AIO's for outings. For number 4 hubby said I could splurge on some new diapers and I got the Mother-Ease Sandy's. They are super absorbent and very adjustable, which are two things I always needed

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14
October 14th, 2013, 02:02 PM
.t.e.r.r.a.'s Avatar Proud to be a WAHM
Hey for all you CD addicts... feel free to feed your addictions here --> https://www.etsy.com/shop/earthLINGZdiapers

LOL! J/K, but you should really check them out! I'm not kidding when I say they are AWESOME.

To answer this post. Yes, I will be CDing this little one.
angelsailor288 and Demetria like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search