Who's still in the closet?

Forum: June 2014 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To June 2014 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 13th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
We are waiting until about 12 weeks or so to go ahead and let the cat out of the bag to everyone else that doesn't already know. Dh posted on FB yesterday to his mom a Happy birthday from Him and I, the kids (named them one by one) and after all of the kids he put 'and the new baby' lol.

I made him delete it and post a new one, because I didn't want to comment Happy Birthday on it and have everyone see or start posting things to his or my page about it. Nothing is really private on FB anymore!

We are going to the beach this week and that is where I will take a few 'announcement' photos!

Lots of people already know (some of my FB friends and of course some family) but with everyone else we are waiting until about 12 weeks or so....that's around 5 weeks to go!
October 13th, 2013, 10:03 AM
mrsdaiwa24's Avatar Amy, soon-to-be-mama of 2
I've told a few close friends and our parents. I'm waiting until my next appointment (end of the month) before I tell my siblings. I did have to tell my principal the day that I had my scare because I needed to leave school early and needed sub coverage. I won't make an official announcement until I'm out of the first trimester though.
Demetria and epsilonbeta like this.
October 13th, 2013, 10:06 AM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
We are waiting until around 8 weeks to tell my dad. He is ill and my mom and I don't want him to be hurt if something happens to the baby.

Everyone else we are looking around 12 weeks. We have told most of our immediate family and a few close friends so far. Just the ones that we are comfortable giving support and comfort if anything bad happens.
Demetria likes this.

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
October 13th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Regular
We only told our 2 closest friends....we're waiting for my first ultrasound......I've had a previous ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage and because of my age I am very scared and praying everything works out.
October 13th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Demetria's Avatar Mama to an Angel :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2three View Post
We only told our 2 closest friends....we're waiting for my first ultrasound......I've had a previous ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage and because of my age I am very scared and praying everything works out.
I hope it all works out in your favor!! Hugs! When is your 1st ultrasound?
October 13th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Danielle80's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have only told my mom and my oldest daughter but everyone else will wait until either I have to change out of regular pants or 12-13 weeks whichever comes first. We had the m/c not too long ago and we told everyone and then we had to tell everyone about the loss and that was too hard. We don't want to have to do that EVER again.
Demetria likes this.

October 13th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Veteran
I'm still "in the closet". Still letting it sink in and I'm just selfish like that...keeping things to myself & not sharing for as long as possible.
Demetria likes this.
October 13th, 2013, 11:48 AM
TiggersMommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I've told a few close friends, my mom, and my sister. Only the people I'd seek support from if something were to go wrong. I may have to tell my boss soon if m/s rears its ugly head. Everyone else is going to have to wait until we make the big announcement over Thanksgiving.
Demetria and epsilonbeta like this.

October 13th, 2013, 01:13 PM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
Mostly in the closet! I've told my parents, in-laws and best friends.

I'm waiting to tell FB and the rest of the world for a bit, though I haven't decided when. 12 weeks, maybe? It's been hard not to shout it out, though.
epsilonbeta likes this.

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
October 13th, 2013, 01:17 PM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
Ally, I'm with you on how hard it is not to shout it out! It's our first and a lot of people know we've been trying. We told my MIL she was not allowed to tell any of her friends so she ended up telling a random person at the store because she had to tell someone >_<

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
October 13th, 2013, 01:58 PM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
It's not hard at all for me not to tell anyone! I am just too terrified about something going wrong. I can't imagine what it would be like to deal with everyone asking what happened. On the other hand DH wants to tell people, but he is respecting my wishes and understands where I'm coming. We have our first sono in nine days when I will be almost eight weeks, I am praying we see a heartbeat and everything is fine so we can tell family!!
"Mild" pcos, blessed with BFP on cycle #4 ttc
Baby Braden 5/25/2014He's finally here!

]
October 13th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Super Mommy
Mostly in the Closet! I have suffered 3 pregnancy losses so I don't wanna spill the beans just yet. I wanna wait till after first trimester. But, I have told a few close friends, family and SO!

<3 I have suffered 4 early M/C's since 2012. I am missing my 4 angels so much. My love for them all will never fade. <3

First M/C loss- 7/8 weeks
Second M/C loss- 4-5 weeks(Chemical)
Third M/C loss- 9 weeks and 4 days
Fourth M/C loss- 10 weeks

~No one else will never know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one that knows what my heart feels like on the inside~

<3 Praying and Hoping that my partner and I will be blessed with our miracle soon. <3
October 13th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetria View Post
I hope it all works out in your favor!! Hugs! When is your 1st ultrasound?
I second this ^^ So sorry for your loss. I hope this pregnancy goes smooth<3

We havent told "anyone" natalie and chrissy arent anyone and I kind of slipped it out to them, but their lips are totally sealed, because they know our "big anouncement" will be on thanksgiving. (my two bffs from jr high lol- I wasnt even supposed to tell them!!!)My MIL will likely be here, and my mom of course, my dad may not be able to come thanksgiving, if not we will call my dad and brians dad. Then the public fb post, and leave the rest to gossip, my dad, mom, mil and fil, will tell everyone else lol.

October 13th, 2013, 03:40 PM
rabbitranch's Avatar est. 2000
We've only told the kids, no one else knows yet. Waiting to tell everyone until after the first u/s in 2 weeks, although I *might* tell my closest friend before that. Haven't made up my mind yet.

Heidi, mama to 4 kiddos and an lost 11.25.13 at 11w5d
October 13th, 2013, 04:12 PM
I want to hear a hb before telling! If so, then we will tell at Thanksgiving...at almost 12 weeks .
moxiemommie likes this.
October 13th, 2013, 04:21 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
We haven't told anyone yet. With this being a huge surprise, we are waiting until at least 8 weeks to tell family, probably out of the first tri to tell everyone else. We may even wait until 16-18wks when we find out the gender before go "public". I'm thinking Thanksgiving will be a fun time to tell the family, but I would be well out of the first tri by then and my family will be upset I kept the news so long. We'll see I'm excited to tell, but I want to get the first U/S before we do.
chrysalis1 and moxiemommie like this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

October 13th, 2013, 05:00 PM
momRT's Avatar Veteran
So far we've only told a few close friends and my brother (BD and him are best friends) we'll probably tell his family soon since they'll be excited and Justin tells his mom everything! I'm waiting until after my first ultrasound to tell my parents, which will be mid-November.
Jackson 01/27/2014
Born at 19 weeks and 2 days

October 13th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Caitlin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are waiting to hear a HB, should be in the next few weeks. Next week we are taking fall family photos and a REALLY cute announcement photo.
October 13th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Justjessie's Avatar Really Just Angela
We had discussed keeping it a secret this time but A. My husband lasted until he opened his car door at work (all of 20 minutes) and told everyone and B. I'm showing.

I lost a baby a few years back and I was glad people knew...a lot of people thought I was nuts telling before 12 weeks but then when I lost it people were understanding. And I got a lot of support from friends who I didn't even know had lost children. I would rather people know and acknowledge, so we blab ASAP =)
moxiemommie likes this.
October 13th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Veteran
sometime after 13 weeks ill share the news

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search